Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What keeps your fire going

Iron Addict

Default What keeps your fire going

We all hit the gym and year in and year out at some point we get stagnant, sure you go through the motions. But at what point do you change it up? I normally will change my routine up quarterly. Around that. I love lifting, my drive is to not be like the rest of my family, big out of shape and just unhealthy. I have 5 kids and I want to be here for as long as I can. So I eat clean and lift. I just wanted to hear some of your stories on why you keep pushing even when shit gets tough. Thanks
    There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
    - Robert Frost

Spotter

Good stress releaver for me..i like not looking like a twink also

Because buried beneath the sand is my best physique. All I have to do, and I have the time, is dig away each day.

There are pleasures on the way. I just dropped and did 40 press ups that felt featherweight. They came from whatever else I've been doing, by product.

I like looking at my legs when I take a dump and thinking 'hey you biggish'.

So many things.

Mainly it's because I'm in my forties and I have to get the muscle memory in for my fifties. What I'm doing HAS to be done now.
    Confirm what I already know

Quote Originally Posted by xato View Post
    Good stress releaver for me..i like not looking like a twink also
    Good point. If I batter shit out of myself I'm calm.

Its easy for me. I was not gifted with great genetics for sports or great brain for maths, but all that I have I can only take it to the highest level. I dont understand another way of life.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

In my 39th year of training, I get still nervous driving to the Gym like when I was young, not sure why but still have this amazing feeling like the first date with a hot chick every time, retired from competing in 2004 but still love to train 4 times a week no matter what, enjoy to have a great body for my age but can only do certain exercises, if I change it up only a bit, I get hurt, well I just turned Senior Citizen so it is what it is but I will train till I die !

I'm turning 45 in a few months....don't want to look like it....don't want to be average...don't want to be able to wear dad jeans.
    image.jpeg

I'm one of those, like BMC and Ben1, who truly love to train.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Ehh...I've never been one of those guys who has to keep digging down to "motivate" himself into doing this. The day I don't like training/eating, I'll happily quit bodybuilding, and just workout for health reasons. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I step foot in the gym, and the food I tend to consume pretty fast (10-15 mins per meal). The rest doesn't require any effort.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Anymore it's habit. Growing up being the fat kid, with genetically lucky family that always looked good, athletic, etc.. It was something I take pride in now, especially now that "genetics" don't stay in control forever if you don't know how to eventually work with them

On that note, I just want to do something I can be proud of one day to brag here and there without being the lying old fart who makes up stories.
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Pallini

Lookin' good...naked.

I love everything about weight lifting, eating, all of it. I was an athlete my whole life, and when all that stopped it just seemed natural to continue being in shape and lifting was the best thing and felt amazing.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    I'm turning 45 in a few months....don't want to look like it....don't want to be average...don't want to be able to wear dad jeans.
    image.jpeg

Im scared to look "normal" but love the feel of the iron and the pump and the burn. Its all ive done since 15 yrs old!! No other "hobbies" other than bbing! Plus, i want to do at least 2 Nationals shows before its all said and done. Last one was in 1998 and NOT memorable at all (other than being in Vegas) so i need some redemption, but you have to look at this game without blinders on. MOST of us will never be pro or place top 10 at a National show, so having smaller goals is what keeps the fire burning.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BDEGRD View Post
    Shhhhh, dont cry. Just open your mouth and it will be ok....
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Shhhhh, dont cry.Just open your mouth and it will be ok....
    Ever the opportunist.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    image.jpeg

Do people fucking dress like this in 2016? (even at 40+)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast