Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ronnie Coleman & Flex Wheeler - Two Icons Reflect on Their Friendship

Default Ronnie Coleman & Flex Wheeler - Two Icons Reflect on Their Friendship

Great article!

But the way I saw it, if I hadn't tried to help you, if I had tried to keep you down, I wasn't a champion. A real champion welcomes competition.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Epic!

I remember thinking in 1997 this guy is really getting good. Back then there was a hotline we could call to get Olympia placings, and a friend of mine asked if I called yet about the '97 Olympia, and I lied and said yeah, 1st place Ronnie Coleman, 2nd Dorian Yates, and he was like wait a minute, Ronnie Coleman?!! And I was like yeah he got really good, and he was like WTF!!! But then I was like no, Dorian won again, Nasser got 2nd, etc. But thats where my mind was, this guy looks like Mr. Olympia!! And when he won the following year it was like not too many people seen that coming, but I was one of them. I wasn't suprised one bit. I was suprised that Flex was beating him going into the finals. It was not lose one bit to me. Matter of fact I didn't think anyone was going to ever beat Dorian's 1993 Mr. Olympia look. But no shit, Ronnie beat it. Ronnie's 2003 look will not be beaten while I'm alive, I know this. But then again I thought that when I seen Dorian's '93 too though. Best of all time imo: Ronnie(2003), Dorian(1993), Haney(1991), Cutler(2009), Heath(2012).