Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ganglion cyste in both wrists

Default Ganglion cyste in both wrists

Since a couple of months I have a ganglion cyste in both of my wrists. Its not on the surface but deep im my wrists. If I train and put pressure on it it gets more painful up to the point it starts pressuring my nervoussystem.
    I tried not training for a couple of months, wearing braces light training etc. So now, 4 months down the line the injury will not progress. There are 3 scenarios:
    - Rest, and hoping it will go away eventually;
    - When its on the surface they stick a needle into it;
    - surgury. recoverytime per wrist is 1,5 months.

The problem with option 2 and 3 is that the chance it will come back is pretty big. Also it usually becomes bigger and more painful. Let alone the weak wrists and scar tissue.

My question:
    Is there anything else I can do? I dont know if its a damaged tendon. Are there exercizes, threathments or hell even peptides or growthhormone that might fix the problem? I cant train for shit it drives me crazy. Haven't used steroids or GH in my life, but I love training so if thats the way to go I might have to reconsider.

uploadfromtaptalk1456176393742.jpg

Like this but you don't really see a lump in my wrists.

I know it's there because they did some echos om both my wrists

Muscle Head

Unfortunately, those are pretty much all of the options with ganglionic cysts. Aspirating it (draining with a needle), like you said, won't really fix the problem. But if you go see a good physical therapist after the surgery, they can help make the healing process much more efficient and possibly quicker. Good luck!

I get it all the time in my left wrist but mine pop out after a couple months of growing and then I smash it with a book and it feels glorious (painful glorious) and goes away but reoccurs 6-12 months later. Probably had about 4-5 and just smashed them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JordanWFitness View Post
    I get it all the time in my left wrist but mine pop out after a couple months of growing and then I smash it with a book and it feels glorious (painful glorious) and goes away but reoccurs 6-12 months later. Probably had about 4-5 and just smashed them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    That is why they used to be called "Bible cysts", you used a Bible to smash them.

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    That is why they used to be called "Bible cysts", you used a Bible to smash them.
    Yea, I'd recommend it over surgery or draining.

I hear draining is incredibly painful and surgery seems unnecessary. I could see the worse happening is bruising when you hit surrounding skin