Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MD News Break - Details On Joe Weider's Olympia Europe 2016

Default MD News Break - Details On Joe Weider's Olympia Europe 2016

Wait, what?

Spotter

Are the top guys gonna compete ?
    The olympia is the premier title .....why have another event with the same name .
    Arnold having events at multiple locations is great for the sport but it's not on the same level as the Olympia !
    At the pro level in any sport we have one event that is above all others....NBA CHAMPS ...World series ....Stanley cup & in BB
    Mr.Olympia .....if the top guys are a no show then it tarnishes the Mr.Olympia name .
    IMO I would like to hear the Ifbb have a Pro Mr.Universe competition ...a lot of big names in the past have held that title and it sounds prestigious .

Quote Originally Posted by Bostaff View Post
    Are the top guys gonna compete ?
    The olympia is the premier title .....why have another event with the same name .
    Arnold having events at multiple locations is great for the sport but it's not on the same level as the Olympia !
    At the pro level in any sport we have one event that is above all others....NBA CHAMPS ...World series ....Stanley cup & in BB
    Mr.Olympia .....if the top guys are a no show then it tarnishes the Mr.Olympia name .
    IMO I would like to hear the Ifbb have a Pro Mr.Universe competition ...a lot of big names in the past have held that title and it sounds prestigious .
    I agree their should only be one Olympia.

There's more money in it. Supplement companies have expanded to Europe and they're apparently doing very well. They will be show sponsors.

It gets to a point where I'm not really concerned about watching pro bodybuilding shows anymore. I like to watch the Arnold Columbus, maybe the NY pro, and the Olympia. It seems like all the other shows only one or two guys are in good condition, like they only feel they have to shoot for 98% to win. Looking at huge lean guys is not necessarily worth anyone's time unless they're showing details like Kai and Ced did this past Arnold weekend.

Ultimately, adding 4 more Arnold's does nothing for the level of competition when only a couple top guys will be there (unless we get some crazy new talents showing up like Josh did this past year) and they'll likely be holding water because of travel (except Dex). Same thing with the Olympia brand - you expand, water down your brand name... and get bloated in the process. Hey IFBB, your gut's showing.

I'd like to hear Peter's take on this.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .