Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My S4 and GW SARM Stack Log

Just to make sure no one is confused, the recommended dosing is what TKA42 is running - (2) doses per day of 25mg each (50mg a day total). If you do (2) doses of 50mg each (100mg total) you will get the vision sides, to be sure! This means a single bottle of SarmsSearch S4 will last you TWO FULL MONTHS! Most places dose the bottle so it lasts a single month. You get TWICE as much from SarmsSearch in the bottle as you do with most places.
    SARMS Info Thread by SarmsSearch Use SHREDMD30 for 30% off!

Muscle Head

It's been a solid 2 weeks since I started this cycle - worth every penny! I'm still consistently taking 25 mg of s4 twice a day, and 10 mg of GW twice a day (morning and evening - usually before a workout), and have had no vision side effects at that dosage. Hit some milestones last week and definitely seeing two significant benefits to this cycle - 1) I have no doubt that my endurance has improved drastically, and more than I think it would have had I not gone about it this way, and 2) My recovery is much better than I was anticipating before starting this little experiment.
    I went out of town this weekend to a seminar and training camp that lasted Friday-Sunday, and this was the highest volume of training (condensed into 3 days) that I have participated in since before the injury in December. I felt like I got hit by a truck on Saturday morning, so it was a grind to get through Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday was a much deserved rest day (I could tell I was over trained - my common symptom is insomnia despite being horribly exhausted); however, I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn't trained in a week - big, big plus!! Getting ready to go hit my 5 strengthtraining session since starting this cycle.
    All in all, I'm beyond satisfied with the results so far. My deadlift is steadily going back up (although I have not max'd out yet - but I can tolerate the higher weights again...and don't judge, heavy weight to me is warm up for most of the people on this forum, haha), I could barely rep out 225 for 5 reps about two weeks ago, and last Thursday I was able to rep out 265 for 7 reps until I fatigued - big improvement since I'm only starting the 3rd week of lifting since I was side-lined in December.
    One thing I am realizing is that 1 cycle might not be enough to get me back where I wanted, so I'm going to start looking into how to cycle off and on. Any recommendations would be appreciated, ie - Do I need to take a PCT between cycles, and if so, what is a good PCT to take and how should I take it (how long, dosing, etc)? How long should I wait to start the next cycle (1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks? longer?)? Those are my two main questions, but any extra advice is greatly appreciated.
    Well I'm off to hit my strength and conditioning workout before going to class all day. Cheers!!

I like how the S4 and GW50 are working together in you. I think I will recommend adding GW50 to Mark01's run. He could use a boost in endurance.

Thanks for this log, it is great!

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    I like how the S4 and GW50 are working together in you. I think I will recommend adding GW50 to Mark01's run. He could use a boost in endurance.

Thanks for this log, it is great!
    My pleasure Barny, I'm honestly amazed at how this stuff works. S4 and GW are an awesome combo, especially for combat athletes - strength is an important factor, but strength-endurance is more important, and this combo seems to address that well. Plus, it's keeping me within my weight division - weight gain was something I wanted to avoid. I would definitely recommend this combo for any combat athlete (MMA, BJJ, wrestling, sambo, etc).
    Combining this stuff, with proper strength and conditioning makes it a potent 1-2 punch combo. BTW - for my strenght and conditioning programming, I'm a big fan of Joel Jamieson's "Ultimate MMA Conditioning" - he gives phenomenal guidelines on how to train using a heart rate monitor to assess each individual's needs for conditioning and strength - I highly recommend this book. It's a tad bit complicated, but it's worth the time it takes to read and make sense of it.
    I'm a huge, huge fan now. Also, I worked I hit my deadlift PR since returning from my injury (worked my way up to 290 lbs for 1 set of 3 singles - which is a huge improvement since 2 weeks ago, when repping out 225 for 5 continuous reps was a challenge - it's amazing how quick your body loses strength when forced to take time off from an injury).
    Most importantly, recovery is top notch! That was what I was looking for as a benefit the most (aside from all the other endurance, strength, and cutting benefits that also seem to be contributing). Good stuff so far!

any vision sides with the S4?

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by Cagebreed View Post
    any vision sides with the S4?
    None so far. I have been keeping it at the recommended 50 mg per day (25mg in morning and then again at night, before training sessions). I'm also good about wearing sunglasses if it's sunny outside, and I wait to enter darker areas before I take them off (not sure if that is helping, but I figured it was better to be proactive).

Muscle Head

Endurance, especially strength-endurance has gotten better - I'm able to hold isometric squeezes for longer, and I'm starting to regain my ability to pin people who are 20-50 lbs heavier than me (and some of equal or higher skill) - I know a lot of it is due to technique, but I don't care what anyone says, but you need strength and conditioning no matter how much technique you possess (if you're going to be the little guy taking on giants). The key is to have an even balance between the too - favor one or the other too much, and there are openings which others can take advantage of.
    Something I didnt' notice until recently is the massive pump this stuff is starting to give me after training (not sure if it's directly or indirectly due to either S4 or GW) - do any of you have this experience? I hadn't noticed until one of my training partners pointed out how "vascular" my arms were looking after about an hour of live grappling (which involves pulling on your opponents gi or cloth a lot, so it's similar to the effects of rock climbing on your fingers/forearms/arms). And my hands/fingers are not getting as sore as they were when I first started training again - although, I still prefer to tape them up for harder training sessions (dislocated fingers SUCK!)
    Also, my muscles are starting to feel a lot 'fuller' all around, almost like I'm walking around with a mild pump at all times. Pretty cool stuff!
    I'm assuming I have about 1 week, or maybe a little extra, worth of stuff left (not sure how long these bottles usually last). So I have two questions, any advice is appreciated:
    1. Should I finish both bottles out, or should I stop at 4 weeks, then go on a PCT for a few weeks?
    2. What PCT products do you guys recommend, and how long should I take it for?

I'm planning on taking another cycle again after taking the PCT and maybe some time off - if you guys have any suggestions on cycling and time frames, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

I have noticed I am a lot more vascular now than I used to be, and I am currently only running S4. It must be that - combined with a good diet. I find I look at my arms in the mirror a lot.

Muscle Head

I feel like this stuff starts to peak around the third week or so - this has definitely been the week I notice the effects the most. I had heard very good things about sarms (mostly S4), but I have to say that this really has exceeded my expectations. I figured it would boost recovery and help me regain my previous level of conditioning, or at least get pretty close (my endurance before the injury was second-to-none, so I figured it would take a while to reach that again) - but in just 3 1/2 weeks, I feel like I'm beyond where I was before I got hurt.
    At Monday I'll be at about 4 weeks, but there might be a little extra left in the S4 bottle, and a little more than that in the GW. I'm debating on whether I should stop on Monday (4 week mark) and continue onto a PCT, or whether I should finish them out.

It is evident that I have leaned out as well. I know tightening up the diet and training routine had a lot to do with this, but I have never shed the extra weight as easily as I did this time. Once again, I'm sure it was multifactorial, but I have no doubt S4 and GW played a significant role - I'm getting older (just turned 30 a few days ago), and I don't think my metabolism is getting faster, lol - yet, this is the least I've struggled to cut weight. And the post workout pump is crazy! I can only imagine what it's like if I was doing bodybuilding type workouts instead of just grappling - I bet this effect would be insane with a high volume/high rep structured workout (I might just try it for shit's and giggles this weekend - I'm a curious nerd when it comes down to it).

I know I said this last post, but I'm sold on doing another cycle after about 3-4 week rest after this one.

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by Mark01 View Post
    I have noticed I am a lot more vascular now than I used to be, and I am currently only running S4. It must be that - combined with a good diet. I find I look at my arms in the mirror a lot.
    I'm telling you, it feels like this stuff peaks around week 3 - the pumps are crazy now - I feel like my forearms/arms are going to explode after 1-2 hours of grappling. I feel a pump in my hamstrings a lot lately as well, which is new to me - I'm guessing it's because I've been playing guard more lately (I had to play off my back when I first came back off the injury because it hurt to drive off of my foot/ankle, so i had to settle for learning how to be offensive from guard). Either way, it's pretty damn cool!

Are you planning on running a PCT after you're done with the cycle?

Excellent log so far! I love all the detail!

Quote Originally Posted by TKA42 View Post
    I'm telling you, it feels like this stuff peaks around week 3 - the pumps are crazy now - I feel like my forearms/arms are going to explode after 1-2 hours of grappling. I feel a pump in my hamstrings a lot lately as well, which is new to me - I'm guessing it's because I've been playing guard more lately (I had to play off my back when I first came back off the injury because it hurt to drive off of my foot/ankle, so i had to settle for learning how to be offensive from guard). Either way, it's pretty damn cool!

Are you planning on running a PCT after you're done with the cycle?
    I am going to get blood work down first to see if I need to. I have everything needed for a 4 week PCT just in case, but would rather save it for when / if I run LGD which NEEDS PCT.

Muscle Head

Sorry for the lack of updates - finals hit hard this week (until next wednesday). I have had a lot of crazy things happen last week, training-wise. All good shit!!!
    I will post details on Friday after my morning final. Cheers and happy training!

Quote Originally Posted by TKA42 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates - finals hit hard this week (until next wednesday). I have had a lot of crazy things happen last week, training-wise. All good shit!!!
    I will post details on Friday after my morning final. Cheers and happy training!
    post some pics bro!

I am very happy you were doing both gw and s4, because adding gw to my run is making a big difference. I am beat after work now (huge changes just happened) and the gw allows me to still do everything I need to do when my mind is telling me to just go home and go to bed.

How did finals go?

any updates?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast