Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Been out the gym almost 6 years

Default Been out the gym almost 6 years

I am in my late 30's due to some injuries and just getting burnt out. I am starting back up in 2 weeks any subscriptions on how to approach to getting back got the routine part just not sure how to get started. Thanks ahead of time for any tips and advice...

are u asking how to get back into it?

start slow. Work back up to where u were before. If u Try to go too hardcore too fast u can get burned out

slow & steady wins the race

Get yourself a routine setup and work that religiously. Like, pick a day for each body part and hammer that part on that day. You can mix up the workouts, but keep the same day per body part. That way you have variety and yet a framework in which to keep you on point...and to never forget leg day.

Little Guy

You may start with Work Out Plans for Beginner Plan again:

2-Day Split Workout Plan for Beginners: A good workout plan for complete beginners.

Goal: getting your muscles familiarized with training at a gym
    Technical complexity: easy (if using dumbbells when squatting)
    2 – Day Split
    2 times a week
    Workout duration: 35 – 45 minutes

4 – Day Split Workout Plan with Supersets for a Beginner: A quick workout plan with progressive supersets for a beginner. This workout plan requires a pretty good base fitness level, even if it is for gym beginners.

Goal: building muscle mass
    Technical complexity: easy
    4 – day split
    Duration: 30 – 40 min
    4 times a week

2 – Day Split Workout Plan Using Gym Machines for Beginners: A beginner’s workout plan for using gym machines: convenient and a safe start for your gym career.

Goal: acclimate your muscles for training at a gym
    Technical complexity: easy
    2 – Day Split
    2 times a week
    Workout duration: 40 – 50 minutes

Starting Strength – 1-Day Split Workout Plan for a Beginner: Strength for a beginner.
    Goal: building strength
    Technical complexity: medium
    1 -Day Split
    Duration: 30 – 40 minutes
    3 times a week

The idea of a decent routine is to make your body more energetic, resistant and strong. That is why you need to look for Best workout plan which is easy to do, burn your body fat by replacing toned muscles and for long term.

Little Guy

nice post, as I am also coming back after 7 years.. thank you all

Little Guy

Just started back myself after 5 years out (55years old trained since 17), using 1 body part per day lots of warm ups, just enjoy it again. One bit of advice just don't do anything stupid slow and steady best way to go

Most important thing is muscles will adapt and strengthen faster than tendons . Be wary of this and train according;y. The last thing you need now is a niggling tendon injury
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WTDoom View Post
    Most important thing is muscles will adapt and strengthen faster than tendons . Be wary of this and train according;y. The last thing you need now is a niggling tendon injury
    what is that? can you explain plz??