Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Phil Heath - How Good a Mr. Olympia Is He?

Default Phil Heath - How Good a Mr. Olympia Is He?

Phil is great dont get me wrong but he is the best of the worst line up we have probably ever seen. His body has almost been regressing the past few years and his best year was already like years ago, 2011 i think. He doesnt stack up anywhere need legend or GOAT status imo.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

People don't appreciate the current Mr. O until they are retired. People got sick of Haney, Yates, Coleman or Jay. Phil is visually impressive, especially in person. It's like when he won, all was right in the bodybuilding world then in 2012 people expected to see the same look he had the year before. Shit if Kai orRamy won, fans would be in love then a year or two later, they would start tearing them down. To win six Olympias is no joke. As fas as his personality, none of us has ever broken bread with the man. We don't know who Phil is, we know the image that is presented. I find it funny that people get mad Heath doesn't let people talk shit to him on his IG or Twitter. First, who goes to some persons Twitter or IG to tell them he sucks, especially when the person is built like a teen boy.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    no way, that only works when you have a good rivalry going.. Phil vs Kai has been one way domination with nobody thinking Kai has an actual chance to win it
    so by default of the Wolf not being 100%, the Big Eyptian Ramy not being 100% and Big Mac Cedric McMillan not having the eye of the tiger then Heath has won the title with great condition but in unepic fassion
    Who's is it that Wolf, Cedric and Ramy can't peak? Flex never peaked in the fall, ever. Not once.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    People don't appreciate the current Mr. O until they are retired. People got sick of Haney, Yates, Coleman or Jay. Phil is visually impressive, especially in person. It's like when he won, all was right in the bodybuilding world then in 2012 people expected to see the same look he had the year before.
    As MO, you should come better every year, Heath has done the opposite, worse every year.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Yeah my problem with heath isn't that he's never been good, it's that he's got worse and worse every year and his attitude is so poor, not that of a champion. He is the best competitor but no where near a lot of guys before him imo

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    As MO, you should come better every year, Heath has done the opposite, worse every year.
    Haney was off in 87, 89 and 90. Yates was off in 94 and 97, Ronnie missed it in 01, 92 and 05. Yes, in a perfect world, each Mr. O would come in shredded and full and better each year but peaking perfectly for a bodybuilding contest is HARD.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Haney was off in 87, 89 and 90. Yates was off in 94 and 97, Ronnie missed it in 01, 92 and 05. Yes, in a perfect world, each Mr. O would come in shredded and full and better each year but peaking perfectly for a bodybuilding contest is HARD.
    Dorian and Ronnie grew in size to become epics despite losing in aesthetic/waist department.

Heath does not increase in size and the other departments, stomach, lines, condition, wow factor... are worse.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

so you have Phil ahead of Cutler on your power level chart Peter?
    I wouldn't have Phil even ahead of Levrone who never even won an Olympia
    I actually wrote this one.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

People don't appreciate the current Mr. O until they are retired. People got sick of Haney, Yates, Coleman or Jay. Phil is visually impressive, especially in person. It's like when he won, all was right in the bodybuilding world then in 2012 people expected to see the same look he had the year before. Shit if Kai orRamy won, fans would be in love then a year or two later, they would start tearing them down. To win six Olympias is no joke. As fas as his personality, none of us has ever broken bread with the man. We don't know who Phil is, we know the image that is presented. I find it funny that people get mad Heath doesn't let people talk shit to him on his IG or Twitter. First, who goes to some persons Twitter or IG to tell them he sucks, especially when the person is built like a teen boy.
    See that is the thing i dont get. For me at least I loved seeing Coleman win, and Jay win. I could not imagine getting sick of Haney, im not a Yates fan at all so that i can see lol. I just look at the competitors of the past and now and imo Phil is the best among the worst. The line up today is kind of a joke you dont agree?

Ronnie was on in 05 IMO 04 he looked off waist was his largest ever and he was watery. He brought it down in 05 and was getting that grainy look to this muscles.

yea to bad, Wheeler had the qualities like Levrone to be epic but was to busy with ninjas at the freemason lodge eating pizza and drinking coke
    i'd like to know if Peter really has Heath ranked ahead of Cutler on his power level chart
    I don't have a power level chart: Not sure the definition of it. I think Phil should have beaten Jay in 2010. Phil's albatross is that he has yet to create the impact he did when he first won in 2011, so some assess that as he shouldn't have beaten Kai all those three times the latter. I'm amazed that he is not generally recognized as a phenomenon. The thing is Phil has so much crazy detail, and roundness going on that on 8 mandatories he just comes out on top even if he doesn't win every pose. BMC is right once a champ has won three times people want to see him beat. And once Phil is retired he'll get greater general recognition.

To the average young guy now, THIS is the greatest physique the world has ever known and ever will know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    I don't have a power level chart: Not sure the definition of it. I think Phil should have beaten Jay in 2010. Phil's albatross is that he has yet to create the impact he did when he first won in 2011, so some assess that as he shouldn't have beaten Kai all those three times the latter. I'm amazed that he is not generally recognized as a phenomenon. The thing is Phil has so much crazy detail, and roundness going on that on 8 mandatories he just comes out on top even if he doesn't win every pose. BMC is right once a champ has won three times people want to see him beat. And once Phil is retired he'll get greater general recognition.

I would bet money this doesnt ever happen for him.

It's true, I have been a fan of the sport since the Lee Haney era, and few like to root for a guy who has already won a few times. It's a lot more exciting to cheer for the underdog. Jay made his career being the underdog to Ronnie, and Kai has followed a similar path taking second to Phil 3X.

Phil set the bar high in 2011. Fans expected that look every year.

most of you may not remember but when Haney left Weider for Twinlabs that was supposed to be a nail in his Olympia coffin. But listen to the Ovation Lee received when he won in 91. As fans we don't appreciate greatness while it's happening. I was pulling for Shawn to win in 91, but after you stop and think about it, I was lucky to see what Haney has done
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    It's true, I have been a fan of the sport since the Lee Haney era, and few like to root for a guy who has already won a few times. It's a lot more exciting to cheer for the underdog. Jay made his career being the underdog to Ronnie, and Kai has followed a similar path taking second to Phil 3X.
    And how many people said Jay was done after Dexter beat him, just about everyone. He came back in 09 and looked amazing and those same fans that said he was done loved him
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast