Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 200

Thread: For those who always say "it's all drugs"!!

  1. #154

    Default

    yes hit and miss, still can't figure it out how to be in contest shape always , there is no consistency,
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    top 6 mr olympia 2 times?

  2. #155
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    yes hit and miss, still can't figure it out how to be in contest shape always , there is no consistency,
    very few guys nail it all the time.

  3. #156
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,530
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I would like to have Dexter and Dorian, these guys know some things about condition.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  4. #157
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,581

    Default

    Most of the best athletes would make TERRIBLE prep coaches. People rag on someone like Hany because he doesn't look like a pro bb - I guarantee you that you would be in far better hands with him coaching you than with 99% of IFBB Pros.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  5. #158
    Juggernaut GeorgeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,515
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    In some ways to be a great coach to others you almost need to be an ex bodybuilder, or at most an intermediate hobby bodybuilder.

    Here's why. Top, top bodybuilders are invariably single minded, self obsessed sort of individuals. That doesn't translate well, into putting your heart and soul into someone else. I'm not saying that it can't happen, but when your livelihood depends on caring for others, paying attention to the details, being flexible in your approach and have common sense, being self obsessed doesn't help.
    D E S T R O Y

  6. #159
    Sarms Search Rep Forajido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Is true you don't need to use steroids to get fit. From personal experience steroids will only harm you in the long run, your heart will be at risk trust me on this one! You can exercise 6 days per week, eats lots of clean food, take your multi vitamins, fish oil, creatine, coq10 and other supps of your choice and you will grow, rest is very important too!
    www.sarmssearch.com The leading provider of Sarms, mk677, gw501516, sr9009 and Aicar.

  7. #160
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forajido View Post
    Is true you don't need to use steroids to get fit. From personal experience steroids will only harm you in the long run, your heart will be at risk trust me on this one! You can exercise 6 days per week, eats lots of clean food, take your multi vitamins, fish oil, creatine, coq10 and other supps of your choice and you will grow, rest is very important too!
    yes you will grow... but it will last a lifetime to gain as much as a user gains in 6 months. someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life and then you still will look small compared to a user by the age of 40 ... then you are old and lose all your hard earned natural muscle again... depends on what you want to achieve but to me the effort to reward ratio is just not good for most natural trainers.

  8. #161
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,581

    Default

    If one can accept the very real natural limitations for how much muscle mass he can carry, steroids will never be needed or desired. But many men do want to exceed their natural limits by a substantial margin.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  9. #162
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    If one can accept the very real natural limitations for how much muscle mass he can carry, steroids will never be needed or desired. But many men do want to exceed their natural limits by a substantial margin.

    yes! thats kind of stupid if you look at it but thats just the way it is.

  10. #163

    Default

    Right on Ron, right on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Most of the best athletes would make TERRIBLE prep coaches. People rag on someone like Hany because he doesn't look like a pro bb - I guarantee you that you would be in far better hands with him coaching you than with 99% of IFBB Pros.

  11. #164
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,530
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Most of the best athletes would make TERRIBLE prep coaches.
    Its also said that good competitors are bad judges.

    Its true that sometimes best competitor's had crazy genetics and not have to squint to get results.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  12. #165

    Default

    No to the first sentence, sadly yes to the second but if you have someone with great genetics who has heart and gives everything he has, than you have Dorian, Ronnie, Arnold and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Its also said that good competitors are bad judges.

    Its true that sometimes best competitor's had crazy genetics and not have to squint to get results.

  13. #166
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,770
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Most of the best athletes would make TERRIBLE prep coaches. People rag on someone like Hany because he doesn't look like a pro bb - I guarantee you that you would be in far better hands with him coaching you than with 99% of IFBB Pros.
    Just like most great coaches in other sports were not super talented players. Hence they need to study their craft a lot more and make great coaches!

  14. #167
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,581

    Default

    Some pro's I have spoken with are highly intelligent, can explain what they do and why, and have a lot to offer even the genetically average. Others have no idea what to tell someone else who is having trouble gaining size, improving a certain bodypart, or even getting leaner. If you get lean with minimal effort and no cardio, it's hard to relate to someone who has to struggle for months just to see some abs.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  15. #168
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Some pro's I have spoken with are highly intelligent, can explain what they do and why, and have a lot to offer even the genetically average. Others have no idea what to tell someone else who is having trouble gaining size, improving a certain bodypart, or even getting leaner. If you get lean with minimal effort and no cardio, it's hard to relate to someone who has to struggle for months just to see some abs.


    very true. a coach who can teach , competed and have been fat at some point would be best . he really knows all sides of the story. you cant learn dieting from a guy who was always lean.

  16. #169
    Juggernaut GeorgeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,515
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    yes you will grow... but it will last a lifetime to gain as much as a user gains in 6 months. someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life and then you still will look small compared to a user by the age of 40 ... then you are old and lose all your hard earned natural muscle again... depends on what you want to achieve but to me the effort to reward ratio is just not good for most natural trainers.
    Mod, I have no idea where you got that number from, but it's absolute nonsense.

    My my experience of training with nattys and competing as one myself found this:

    - Example 1. Mike - won natural UK, went from starting bodyweight of 150 with abs to 205 with abs (55lbs)
    - Example 2. Roger - won masters World natural title, went from starting bodyweight of 176 with abs to 240 with less abs (54 lbs if you drop his offseason bw)
    - Example 3. Ben - started at lean 155 and sitting at 200 now even leaner (50 lbs taking into account being leaner)
    - Example 4. myself - started at leanish but not much abs, 145 and competed much leaner at 176 (45 lbs at least gain)

    So 55, 54, 50 and 45 lb of muscle gains, going from elite genetics to average. So a natty can gain, if they are patient
    D E S T R O Y

  17. #170
    Juggernaut TrainInsane201's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,911
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    yes you will grow... but it will last a lifetime to gain as much as a user gains in 6 months. someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life and then you still will look small compared to a user by the age of 40 ... then you are old and lose all your hard earned natural muscle again... depends on what you want to achieve but to me the effort to reward ratio is just not good for most natural trainers.
    I really don't want to believe someone on this planet is that stupid so I'm gonna go ahead and assume there's some trolling afoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •