Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 20 week Prep - Road to defending State Title

W - 90.4

Trained at 645am.

Back workout.. training chest less, and back more.

Pendlay Row in Jones Machine - 4 x 8

Seated Row - 4 x 10

Under Hand Lat Pull Down - 4 x 8

One Arm Row - 3 x 8

Done.

Another long day at work. Very busy just now, if i didn't do the long days, the work wouldn't get done.

W - 90.2

Trained at 730am

Leverage Chest Press - 4 x 8-10

Barbell Bicep Curls - 4 x 8

Standing Military Press - 3 x 8

DB Spider Curls - 3 x 8-12

Side Laterals - 3 x 12

Done. i ain't got no structure just now. Arranged to meet a mate tomorrow and agreed to train hammy's and calves.

I'm ok with this sporadic approach.. That's what most guys do. I did proper programmed training for 3 years, got used to that and now am free wheeling it.

I also stopped wearing a watch that tracks steps 3-4 weeks ago.

Only thing I do now that is considering a bit over the top is weigh myself daily.

W - 90.7

trained with a mate at around 920am

BB Stiff Legged Deads - 4 x 8-10

Seated Calf Raise - 5 x 12+

Seated Leg Curls - 3 x 8-12

Lying Leg Curls - 3 x 8

Calf/Toe Presses - 5 x 10+

Done. Then we went for a decent feed after it.

Supps i took were MP Wreckage pre workout and Purus Labs AminoD during.

I don't usually bother with post workout drinks unless I know I'm going to be very busy and might struggle to hit an appreciable macro intake.

W - 90.7

Trained chest and biceps.

A1 - Bench - 4 x 6-8
    A2 - DB curls - 4 x 8-12

B1 - Hammer Strength Incline Press - 3 x 8-12
    B2 - BB Curl - 3 x 8

C1 - Cable Flyes - 3 x 12
    C2 - Arnie Curls - 3 x 8

Done at that..

I signed back up with my old programmer Gordon Greenhorn.

14 weeks of programming. I'm yet to discuss my preferred outcome... Possibly a drop in weight and a change in look so maintaining muscle and dropping fat.

4 weeks for December will prime me for 10 weeks from January to make some noticeable progress.

I'll maybe start doing more videos and taking more pics.

Very busy at work just now, but starting to feel like i'm doing too much and for no reason or appreciation. I'm working 7am to 9pm most days, starting to make a few small mistakes and getting passed from pillar to post. A bit frustrating, but i'll deal with it in the strategic way I normally would. Got a few things in the pipeline. I'm spending minimal time with my family just now and my wife has said something which isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post

W - 90.7

Trained chest and biceps.

A1 - Bench - 4 x 6-8
    A2 - DB curls - 4 x 8-12

B1 - Hammer Strength Incline Press - 3 x 8-12
    B2 - BB Curl - 3 x 8

C1 - Cable Flyes - 3 x 12
    C2 - Arnie Curls - 3 x 8

Done at that..

I signed back up with my old programmer Gordon Greenhorn.

14 weeks of programming. I'm yet to discuss my preferred outcome... Possibly a drop in weight and a change in look so maintaining muscle and dropping fat.

4 weeks for December will prime me for 10 weeks from January to make some noticeable progress.

I'll maybe start doing more videos and taking more pics.

Very busy at work just now, but starting to feel like i'm doing too much and for no reason or appreciation. I'm working 7am to 9pm most days, starting to make a few small mistakes and getting passed from pillar to post. A bit frustrating, but i'll deal with it in the strategic way I normally would. Got a few things in the pipeline. I'm spending minimal time with my family just now and my wife has said something which isn't good.
    sometimes we need to walk rather than run. I have started doing that again recently with life and I find I am more productive and getting more done in a day then when I run around all stressed out.
    I think back to when I read Lee Iacocca's book. back I beleive it started when he was working at ford(remember he brought us the mustangm and in the eigties brought dodge chrysler back from the brink of bankruptcy). any ways he was getting all stressed out because he was trying to please everyone and things were not going well. He made a rule for himself, that no matter what Sunday was family day and no matter what he made time to go to his kid's stuff period.
    basically he dropped the hours he was working yet got more done.

I don't know why I just wrote that but something inside me remembered reading that a decade ago ad told me to pass it on.

Work never ends, and neither does life outside it. Balance is a stupid person's fantasy but making it all work out is realistic.

I know things will work out

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    sometimes we need to walk rather than run. I have started doing that again recently with life and I find I am more productive and getting more done in a day then when I run around all stressed out.
    I think back to when I read Lee Iacocca's book. back I beleive it started when he was working at ford(remember he brought us the mustangm and in the eigties brought dodge chrysler back from the brink of bankruptcy). any ways he was getting all stressed out because he was trying to please everyone and things were not going well. He made a rule for himself, that no matter what Sunday was family day and no matter what he made time to go to his kid's stuff period.
    basically he dropped the hours he was working yet got more done.

I don't know why I just wrote that but something inside me remembered reading that a decade ago ad told me to pass it on.

Work never ends, and neither does life outside it. Balance is a stupid person's fantasy but making it all work out is realistic.

I know things will work out
    Good post, and very relevant.

I'll delegate more work. i've always preferred to do things myself so I know they get done but that's not possible just now.

I have been training since my last post.

Did quads and back on two different days.

Good news (for me) i signed back up for 14 weeks with my original programmer.

I'll get my new program hopefully any day now.

This will give me structure and a goal in the gym with some form of tracking. And it'll pull me away from work.

General Update;

i've not logged 9 sessions. Tonight I did session 4 of week 2 of a 4 week primer.

Been busy at work, and I find as a human I have a peak when it comes to output. If I max my mental capacity through family and work, then I drop things like posting on here, chess etc.

Anyway, here is my weight over last 2 weeks. I've increased my calories as part of this primer phase. Sitting around 3300 kcals per day. As you can see there is a steady increase in bodyweight but my training has been ok so the weight gain should ease up.

I'll start logging again soon. Workouts are nothing fancy. just going over the basics and preparing for my power building on 8.1.18

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I always make the best gains when I "follow something". Programs are great.
    Best of luck.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920