Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 20 week Prep - Road to defending State Title

W - 90.4

Trained at 645am.

Back workout.. training chest less, and back more.

Pendlay Row in Jones Machine - 4 x 8

Seated Row - 4 x 10

Under Hand Lat Pull Down - 4 x 8

One Arm Row - 3 x 8

Done.

Another long day at work. Very busy just now, if i didn't do the long days, the work wouldn't get done.

W - 90.2

Trained at 730am

Leverage Chest Press - 4 x 8-10

Barbell Bicep Curls - 4 x 8

Standing Military Press - 3 x 8

DB Spider Curls - 3 x 8-12

Side Laterals - 3 x 12

Done. i ain't got no structure just now. Arranged to meet a mate tomorrow and agreed to train hammy's and calves.

I'm ok with this sporadic approach.. That's what most guys do. I did proper programmed training for 3 years, got used to that and now am free wheeling it.

I also stopped wearing a watch that tracks steps 3-4 weeks ago.

Only thing I do now that is considering a bit over the top is weigh myself daily.

W - 90.7

trained with a mate at around 920am

BB Stiff Legged Deads - 4 x 8-10

Seated Calf Raise - 5 x 12+

Seated Leg Curls - 3 x 8-12

Lying Leg Curls - 3 x 8

Calf/Toe Presses - 5 x 10+

Done. Then we went for a decent feed after it.

Supps i took were MP Wreckage pre workout and Purus Labs AminoD during.

I don't usually bother with post workout drinks unless I know I'm going to be very busy and might struggle to hit an appreciable macro intake.

W - 90.7

Trained chest and biceps.

A1 - Bench - 4 x 6-8
    A2 - DB curls - 4 x 8-12

B1 - Hammer Strength Incline Press - 3 x 8-12
    B2 - BB Curl - 3 x 8

C1 - Cable Flyes - 3 x 12
    C2 - Arnie Curls - 3 x 8

Done at that..

I signed back up with my old programmer Gordon Greenhorn.

14 weeks of programming. I'm yet to discuss my preferred outcome... Possibly a drop in weight and a change in look so maintaining muscle and dropping fat.

4 weeks for December will prime me for 10 weeks from January to make some noticeable progress.

I'll maybe start doing more videos and taking more pics.

Very busy at work just now, but starting to feel like i'm doing too much and for no reason or appreciation. I'm working 7am to 9pm most days, starting to make a few small mistakes and getting passed from pillar to post. A bit frustrating, but i'll deal with it in the strategic way I normally would. Got a few things in the pipeline. I'm spending minimal time with my family just now and my wife has said something which isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post

W - 90.7

Trained chest and biceps.

A1 - Bench - 4 x 6-8
    A2 - DB curls - 4 x 8-12

B1 - Hammer Strength Incline Press - 3 x 8-12
    B2 - BB Curl - 3 x 8

C1 - Cable Flyes - 3 x 12
    C2 - Arnie Curls - 3 x 8

Done at that..

I signed back up with my old programmer Gordon Greenhorn.

14 weeks of programming. I'm yet to discuss my preferred outcome... Possibly a drop in weight and a change in look so maintaining muscle and dropping fat.

4 weeks for December will prime me for 10 weeks from January to make some noticeable progress.

I'll maybe start doing more videos and taking more pics.

Very busy at work just now, but starting to feel like i'm doing too much and for no reason or appreciation. I'm working 7am to 9pm most days, starting to make a few small mistakes and getting passed from pillar to post. A bit frustrating, but i'll deal with it in the strategic way I normally would. Got a few things in the pipeline. I'm spending minimal time with my family just now and my wife has said something which isn't good.
    sometimes we need to walk rather than run. I have started doing that again recently with life and I find I am more productive and getting more done in a day then when I run around all stressed out.
    I think back to when I read Lee Iacocca's book. back I beleive it started when he was working at ford(remember he brought us the mustangm and in the eigties brought dodge chrysler back from the brink of bankruptcy). any ways he was getting all stressed out because he was trying to please everyone and things were not going well. He made a rule for himself, that no matter what Sunday was family day and no matter what he made time to go to his kid's stuff period.
    basically he dropped the hours he was working yet got more done.

I don't know why I just wrote that but something inside me remembered reading that a decade ago ad told me to pass it on.

Work never ends, and neither does life outside it. Balance is a stupid person's fantasy but making it all work out is realistic.

I know things will work out

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    sometimes we need to walk rather than run. I have started doing that again recently with life and I find I am more productive and getting more done in a day then when I run around all stressed out.
    I think back to when I read Lee Iacocca's book. back I beleive it started when he was working at ford(remember he brought us the mustangm and in the eigties brought dodge chrysler back from the brink of bankruptcy). any ways he was getting all stressed out because he was trying to please everyone and things were not going well. He made a rule for himself, that no matter what Sunday was family day and no matter what he made time to go to his kid's stuff period.
    basically he dropped the hours he was working yet got more done.

I don't know why I just wrote that but something inside me remembered reading that a decade ago ad told me to pass it on.

Work never ends, and neither does life outside it. Balance is a stupid person's fantasy but making it all work out is realistic.

I know things will work out
    Good post, and very relevant.

I'll delegate more work. i've always preferred to do things myself so I know they get done but that's not possible just now.

I have been training since my last post.

Did quads and back on two different days.

Good news (for me) i signed back up for 14 weeks with my original programmer.

I'll get my new program hopefully any day now.

This will give me structure and a goal in the gym with some form of tracking. And it'll pull me away from work.

General Update;

i've not logged 9 sessions. Tonight I did session 4 of week 2 of a 4 week primer.

Been busy at work, and I find as a human I have a peak when it comes to output. If I max my mental capacity through family and work, then I drop things like posting on here, chess etc.

Anyway, here is my weight over last 2 weeks. I've increased my calories as part of this primer phase. Sitting around 3300 kcals per day. As you can see there is a steady increase in bodyweight but my training has been ok so the weight gain should ease up.

I'll start logging again soon. Workouts are nothing fancy. just going over the basics and preparing for my power building on 8.1.18

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I always make the best gains when I "follow something". Programs are great.
    Best of luck.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Evening All,

Been a while checking in.. What has changed and where am I at?

2 daughters now. 1 is 17 months the other 5 days.

I still train and have never stopped. Certainly not competition strict training but that's ok as I don't have comps on the mind. if I do, then i can turn it on.

I've decided to try adjust my time management which has been very heavy invested in work and family.

i do not sacrifice family for work. I work hard and make my family priority.

i am going to time manage myself better and introduce more time for training but not only training, all the other stuff that takes up mental energy like programming, tracking steps, calories, weighing in, making food etc.

Tomorrow I'll weigh in. i weigh in once a week now. i weighed in daily post 2016 comp for around 20 months. totally pointless.

I will;

Weigh in daily for at least 7 days to monitor my body's reaction to a tighter calorie control
    Track my calories starting tomorrow to about 80% accuracy
    Decide on my calorie intake and then tinker with that after 7 days of training, if I need to. I might only need to get stricter with calorie tracking to see a change.
    Do W1 D4 workout tomorrow. i've programmed 6 weeks and have done 3 days already
    Track movement and aim for 10,000 steps

My last prep I went from 90kg to 80kg and didn't change my macros. All I did was increase movement and program training.

I am in acceptable shape just now. I do not have a target. i have forgotten what i feels like to be deep in the guts of a prep.

I think it's not possible for me to get in stage condition just now.

I do think I was too lean in previous comps. I was at a stage weight even 10-12 weeks out. Stage weight being what is acceptable stage condition here at a state show and maybe acceptable at nationals but not pro natty class.

I will tighten up on my supplements, but i don't take the seriously.

I will use this blog for accountability and to take time out from my busy lifestyle.

W - 90.8kg (199.7) - what's my thoughts? Easy, lighter than expected, puts a little bit of pressure on me to be compliant today/tomorrow and within 7 days i'd like to be in the 89's and expect that to drop quite easily.

Macro split decided. I'm not a big eater but get by, and don't blow out as you can probably tell my my year round tight macros. it's probably limited my ability to grow by not being a big eater but on the grand scheme of things i've always been in relatively ok shape, fast and reasonably fit as a result.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 7.06.10 am.jpg

I will get my old step tracker out which is in my car. Begin tracking movement and aim for 10,000. I moved house and have a really good low risk lap I can walk that takes 15 mins at moderate pace. 1-2 laps is no problems when kids are in beds.

I joined a new gym, not a fan of it as it's full of kids playing on their phones so I only frequent there when I need to as I lose focus in the gym easily when around slackers. It's close and convenient.

I will train this morning W1 D4 and post my program later on.

W - 90.6 (199.3)

macro's hit yesterday.

Training (W1 D4) yesterday at Doherty's (quick rundown without every detail);

Hack Squat - 4 x 6+
    Deads - 3 x 1 (80%)
    Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 12
    Toe Press - 2 x 15

I was meant to do BB Hip Thrusts but I feel they encourage discomfort in my lower back area so I avoid them. I was also meant to do abs but never do them.

Done. No more lifting required at this stage as it's week 1.

If I go balls to wall and max out on everything, where do I go from there? And how quickly will I fatigue? Would i recover in time to be able to train again?

Training today will be W1 D5.

i've decided upon my supplement stack, here is it;

1. Proto Whey
    Last edited by Guvnor; July 31st, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quick note;

31.7.18 - 12500 steps

1.8.18 - 5000 steps

Thoughts; All good, 2 days in, i don't need to worry about 5000. When my goal is to actively drive weight/body fat down then I'm make the effort to hit minimum 10,000. As comp gets closer, i'd work to hit 15,000 - any more and I feel my legs take a hit.

Training for 1.8.18 novelty workout - W1 D5

Seated DB Shoulder Press - 2 x 10

EZ Bar Preacher Curl - 2 x 8

Dips - 2 x 8

45 Deg Inc DB Curl - 2 x 10

Cable Triceps Straight Bar - 2 x 18,15

Run the Rack Side Laterals - 1 x 10/10/10

Easy workout and about 50% of the volume i'll do in 6 weeks.

If I did the volume of my W6 D5 workout not, i'd be fcuked and sore for days, i'd be over extending.

I have a stressful job that means I can't take my eyes off operations and I have a post pregnancy wife to support, 2 infants and home renovations. If I overreach and don't get the sleep I need while i'm on a eucaloric diet then i'll pay the price eventually.

Plans tomorrow is to not do any physical exertion but to look at hitting that 10,000 step mark.

I ate 50% of my food today by around 930am as I was up early with my daughter. interesting note, as I get leaner - I wake earlier. in previous years during prep this is ok as I don't have kids and I can go train miles away.

I look forward to the challenge to see where this takes me.

W - 90.1 (198.22)

Weight dropping slowly. Tracking of calorie intake is around 80% accuracy which is fine for what i'm doing and that is trying to find my eucaloric intake.

Movement was low yesterday, i also didn't note that I never had my watch on for the first 2 hours which might have cost me 500 steps.

Goal today is 10,000 steps+ - recovery day, stick to macro intake, play 12 weeks of training - i have 6 weeks of escalating volume but the next block after that will be higher volume that will get progressive.

In turn i will increase energy expenditure, get fitter and more efficient. I probably won't need to adjust my calories, 99% certain of that - i can rely on purely burning more energy per week.

I didn't sleep well last night as daughter was sick which is not like her at all. maybe caught 4-5 hours of shut eye which isn't too bad.

I will probably get a video done later on to show you guys where I work and what I believe are the neatest supplement stores around.

3.8.18 - Day 4 of a possible 68

W - 89.5 (196.9) (1.3kg down)

Weight is dropping quite quick with no effort other than sticking to a macro intake to about 80% accuracy.

Did 8000 steps yesterday.

Training in around an hours W2 D1 - will post sessions shortly.

4.8.18 - day 5 of a possible 68

W - 89.9

Did only 7000 steps yesterday.

Hit macro's but training was more intense than usual as it's week 2 so a step up in volume.

Bench - 3 x 10

30 Deg Inc DB Press - 3 x 10

Pull Ups x 25 (in as few sets as possible)

Pendlay Row - 3 x 8

Superset - was meant to do 3 sets but did 2;

Side Laterals 2 x 15
    DB Bicep Curl - 2 x 8-12
    DB Skull Crushers 2 x 12

That was yesterdays training. Pulled up ok today.

Got a good nights sleep, will train W2 D2 later on, maybe tonight - not decided yet on time. Leg session.

W - 89.7

6500 steps yesterday, not ideal.

Session was basic, had to train at night.

Frankenstein Squats - 3 x 6

Deads - 3 x 1 (was meant to be 3 x 2 but forgot my book)

Prone Ham Curl - 3 x 8

Rotary Calf Machine 3 x 18,18,14

Seated Calf Raise - 2 x 12

Toe Press - 2 x 8-12

Not a great session..

Drive to one gym about 30 mins away and no parking.. went to another gym, saw some meatheads cars so kept driving couldn't be arsed with them then ended up training at a 3rd gym next to a guy n a girl giggling. Puts me off my session which is my problem.

Feel ok today, will try stay active. Weather is poor here and will be for 7 days.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast