Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Kai Do the 2016 Mr. Olympia? Hear from the Man Himself!

Default Will Kai Do the 2016 Mr. Olympia? Hear from the Man Himself!

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Rhoden was fat in August last year. He gets tight fast!

The O is predictable. Same guys as last year will be in the top 5, minus Wolf. So that means Roelly or Dallas will move up. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dallas in the top 5
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Why does he do this wait and see nonsense. It doesn't do him any favours with his fans who would like to make plans /arrangements now to go down to the Event to see him. Smdh. Do you think since Levrone is coming back and no one is really talking about Kai doing the show that he is trying to drum up publicity and media exposure by stating this, wait and see approach? Just make a commitment one way or the other. I am a fan of Kai but this is very irritating and making me lose a lot of respect for him. No plans on doing the show, fine, no problem, I respect that but just say it.
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

If you think Levrone is going to look anywhere near to his best showing your smoking that good stuff... lets be real. Regarding kai, he has won three Arnold classics so he has more than qualified for the Mr. O....so i'm not understanding this bullshit message he has put out here. If he wants to do the Olympia just sign the contract. but it does make you wonder why he has made this statement....could there be more to this than we know??...Hmmn!!

From his words,I say he is going to be there at the O.
    The industry (Manion,Santonja,etc) is on his side this time.
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

there is NO way kai wrote this. someone from his pr team said all right lets write something to keep them guessing. its not rocket science. just look at the post arnold interviews with shawn, no one that plans on competing speaks like that. when farah said we might do it kai reacted like the olympia was aids.
    he hasnt signed yet, the contract is out for like 6 weeks. do you really think he will sign on the last minute? i dont. on top of that he has been competing for 6 weeks, i doubt he would look good at the olympia, another second place would make him cry like a little baby. look at the 2014 PC, he got owned bad, looked to me like he cried on farahs shoulder after that and had a fullblown mental break down on stage and in prague.

In other words, Kai wants to get paid in order to compete/appear at the Olympia. In the meantime, the Olympia contract deadline is in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    there is NO way kai wrote this. someone from his pr team said all right lets write something to keep them guessing. its not rocket science. just look at the post arnold interviews with shawn, no one that plans on competing speaks like that. when farah said we might do it kai reacted like the olympia was aids.
    he hasnt signed yet, the contract is out for like 6 weeks. do you really think he will sign on the last minute? i dont. on top of that he has been competing for 6 weeks, i doubt he would look good at the olympia, another second place would make him cry like a little baby. look at the 2014 PC, he got owned bad, looked to me like he cried on farahs shoulder after that and had a fullblown mental break down on stage and in prague.
    The statement came straight from Kai's lips.

When is the deadline to sign the Olympia contracts this year? Sometime in May? Just wondering. Saw a vid of Rhoden signing his contract 2 weeks ago.
    "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Olympia contract deadline is May 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    That makes it pretty doubtful, unless the IFBB are in intense negotiations to resolve whatever is bugging Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    Good. So does that mean that if he doesn't sign by May 13th it will put everything to rest? Or will there be some kind of exceptional rule nonsense for Kai to be able to sign up until the day of the O? How come last year there was controversy up until 2 weeks prior to the O? He never signed the contract last year so why wasn't he just ruled out in the Spring for not signing?

I still don't understand this facade he is trying to create about the IFBB giving him a hard time and that he is "working with them" on things. The contract is there and being offered, so just sign it? I get the impression that he is making a list of demands or something in order for him to compete.
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Iron Addict

Not gonna waste three hours to hear his drivel and not supplying saying 'yes' or 'no'. Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    if Wolf is out he is clear for another 2nd place unless Ramy comes at 95% or Levrone comes at 98%
    then Phil and Kai will be aniliated by the Big Egyptian and Maryland Muscle Machine
    that's why he's open to it now, he knows Wolf would of demolished him..
    Dexter's quads are down and Rhoden looks to be sitting at 60% bodyfat..
    Phil looked in his guest posing so Kai has no shot at him.
    Since when could Wolf beat Kai?? Trust me Wolf is the last guy on Kai's mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    Good. So does that mean that if he doesn't sign by May 13th it will put everything to rest? Or will there be some kind of exceptional rule nonsense for Kai to be able to sign up until the day of the O? How come last year there was controversy up until 2 weeks prior to the O? He never signed the contract last year so why wasn't he just ruled out in the Spring for not signing?

I still don't understand this facade he is trying to create about the IFBB giving him a hard time and that he is "working with them" on things. The contract is there and being offered, so just sign it? I get the impression that he is making a list of demands or something in order for him to compete.
    I suspect the IFBB banned grapefruits from the Olympia pump up areas.
    The Arnold classic series doesn't have this restriction.

Pretty simple.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post

Heres the deal:

I don't know what there could be to work on or negotiate. The Olympia contract is just that...a contract to compete in the Olympia...same one he's signed all the past years he's competed in it, same one everyone else signs. It says you'll compete, says what you're entitled to, whats expected of you for Olympia promotion, and gives license to use your pictures in the Olympia promos etc. THIS is why he wasn't on any of the promo material LAST YEAR, when he refused to sign it. No signature= no promo. simple as that.

If there is any discussions about booths, etc...that a complete SEPARATE piece of business. One has nothing to do with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    not even the judges could help Kai vs Wolf this year... Kai quit in Prague when Wolf smoked him and had the best posing routine of his career
    Kai barely beat Cedric this year and Wolf beats cedric with condition and quads... very easy math 2 + 2 = 5
    Wolf has't beat Kai since.......forever! I feel for ya ME, I'm the same way! But the Wolf is done! His body is deteriorating. It happened to Dorian, Ronnie, Jay. The skin looks different, the muscle atrophies, they don't look the same anymore. Kai isn't at that point yet, Phil & Shawn neither. Wolf's lats, and especially arms are shrunk terribly. But we did see Jay come back from it in '09, so maybe if Wolf take a year off, get massages, stretch, or whatever it takes, he may come back and do a Jay of '09. Otherwise theres no use. Ramy, Compton & Dallas are going to be the bad asses pretty soon. The freakin Dallas totally reminds me of a Dorian with the height, and the crazy thick mucles from brutally hard work. Ramy has the opposite look to him, kinda like a Levrone in his later years. Compton, well I thought we were going to see a freak at this yrs Arnold but something didn't work out right for him. He's going to be good tho. Cedric has to do something drastic, I hate to say, in order to win a Mr. O title. For some reason me thinks if he gets with Chad just once that could happen. It's getting late tho for him. But back to Kai vs Wolf, the only pose Wolf beats him is the fronbt lat spread, and maybe the crab, which Kai is starting to perfect, finally!! I always thought his crab was weird, but then I noticed it was because his delts & traps were smallish. Its getting a lot better tho. He's running out of time tho, so if he wants to make a shit load of money or win the Mr. O, its up to him. I don't see why he can't do both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast