Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Protein Synthesis: The Key to Growth - How to Maximize Its Effect for Greater Gains

Default Protein Synthesis: The Key to Growth - How to Maximize Its Effect for Greater Gains

Damage to a muscle dosen't peak until 3 days after training. Can you provide the reference for that?

If we think about the mechanisms at play in muscle building, it's plausible that the remodelling process could be considered as part of the muscle damage phase. However I suspect it's reference to the surrogate marker Creatine Kinase or related to muscle soreness, which needn't necessarily be associated with each other.

Protein synthesis is a curious thing, myself i think it's role I overstated in muscle growth. You are simply measuring the appearance or disappearance of aminos in some cases, not always the integration. while it doesn't seem to contribute towards long term hypertrophy. Nutrient sensing and resistance training also both stimulate the same pathway, but one can't simply eat protein without exercise training and expect to become more muscular. Just my own thoughts.