Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas McCarver's Contest Prep Chest Workout Video

Default Dallas McCarver's Contest Prep Chest Workout Video

Rest pause with flat barbell bench this close to a show? Not sure if that's a great idea.. Regardless looks great tho

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    Rest pause with flat barbell bench this close to a show? Not sure if that's a great idea.. Regardless looks great tho
    It's what got him here, no need to change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    It's what got him here, no need to change it now.
    Until you tear a pec lol imo much safer exercises out there that are just as effective

If its not there we don't force it, that being said we've trained these movements all year. Like throwing mechanics, can something go off sure but its been repetition all year long. Its not like we are flat benching 2 weeks out after not having done it all year. I dont really feel a need to respond to negativity here but more so encouraging those to not abandon what got you to where you are.

Awesome video. Dallas uses better control than most and seems to get the most out of every rep

For the record, since when did saying "Not sure if that's a good idea; looks great though", constitute "negativity"? I agree 100% with the training philosophy Matt, but some of this politically correct bullshit needs to come to an end. There are OBVIOUS slags on people/pros, and then there is legit constructive feedback/conversation/discussion. It would benefit the entire UNIVERSE, if people could learn on discerning the difference between the two. Not every person who questions something is being "negative" or "hating", and not everybody praising something is "swallowing balls" or "riding dick".

Sometimes, evaluating the actual STATEMENT, rather than the "motivation behind the statement", might just work best.

-lifepulse

Freak of Nature

Dear other IFBB Pro's,

As you can see from 0:25-0:30 this was filmed with someones cellphone. You do not need a camera crew to film your workout and there is probably 100 people in your gym that would be willing to film said workout for you.

Yours Truly,
    b-neva

Behemoth

I'm probably the same size as Matt and he just gets dwarfed by McCarver like he doesn't even work out haha.

This was all the training? 3 sets, or there were more exercises / sets.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mjansen View Post
    If its not there we don't force it, that being said we've trained these movements all year. Like throwing mechanics, can something go off sure but its been repetition all year long. Its not like we are flat benching 2 weeks out after not having done it all year. I dont really feel a need to respond to negativity here but more so encouraging those to not abandon what got you to where you are.
    Matt it's not negativity if someone gave you a compliment and expressed his concern over doing an exercise that has ended a billion careers in any sport imaginable. Why do you and Dallas always have to be like this on the internet lol, if people don't blow smoke up the ass every time you or Dallas post something it's not negativity.

Easy folks. You guys act like he was 1 rep maxing on bench just to impress some girls 3 days before a show.

It's funny, cuz when big Ron was maxing doubles, singles and bouncing crazy ass weight around right before the O all "just for the camera", everyone goes nuts and busts nuts over it. Never once did anyone "critique" or offer their "suggestions" they learned from their long career of lifting on the weekends.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lanakila View Post
    Easy folks. You guys act like he was 1 rep maxing on bench just to impress some girls 3 days before a show.

It's funny, cuz when big Ron was maxing doubles, singles and bouncing crazy ass weight around right before the O all "just for the camera", everyone goes nuts and busts nuts over it. Never once did anyone "critique" or offer their "suggestions" they learned from their long career of lifting on the weekends.
    Truth!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

I want to thank team MD, Matt & Dallas for all the transparency and content leading up to the Chicago Wings of Strength show. I wouldn't think training with that kind of intensity this close to a show is good idea but I leave it to the pro's to do what they want it's their livelihood on the line not mine or the fans. It makes me think of Dorian and how he says his one regret is pushing it too much balls to the wall getting close to the Olympia's back then. He said it would have prolonged his career and possibly prevented some injuries from happening.
    "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    I want to thank team MD, Matt & Dallas for all the transparency and content leading up to the Chicago Wings of Strength show. I wouldn't think training with that kind of intensity this close to a show is good idea but I leave it to the pro's to do what they want it's their livelihood on the line not mine or the fans. It makes me think of Dorian and how he says his one regret is pushing it too much balls to the wall getting close to the Olympia's back then. He said it would have prolonged his career and possibly prevented some injuries from happening.
    Absolutely agree, we all have to learn our own bodies and what works best. If Dorian didn't lift as hard right up to the O, I'm sure he would have prolonged his career, but who knows, maybe he wouldn't have as many Sandows?

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    For the record, since when did saying "Not sure if that's a good idea; looks great though", constitute "negativity"? I agree 100% with the training philosophy Matt, but some of this politically correct bullshit needs to come to an end. There are OBVIOUS slags on people/pros, and then there is legit constructive feedback/conversation/discussion. It would benefit the entire UNIVERSE, if people could learn on discerning the difference between the two. Not every person who questions something is being "negative" or "hating", and not everybody praising something is "swallowing balls" or "riding dick".

Sometimes, evaluating the actual STATEMENT, rather than the "motivation behind the statement", might just work best.

-lifepulse
    . Lol exactly .. Nothing negative about my statement just constructive feedback .. I have seen way too many pec tears and have torn my pec myself doing flat bench. Just not worth it imo

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post

-lifepulse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjansen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    Boom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast