Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Shawn just saw the 1994 olympia for the 100th time your posing still gives me GOOSEBUMPS also charles clairmont got chased out by the SIZE game what a shame HAPPY THANKSGIVING SHAWN Dan

* Can you give any advice for a smaller guy in the final pose down in the amateur ranks...is there any thing that you focused on that can help a smaller guy take the big guy down
    Sorry bro, no there is nothing you can do. Either you have it or you dont.
    * Hey Shawn just saw the 1994 olympia for the 100th time your posing still gives me GOOSEBUMPS
    Thanks, I used that song to earn my Pro Card back in 1987 as well. It brings back fond memories of a great era in BBing!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * Can you give any advice for a smaller guy in the final pose down in the amateur ranks...is there any thing that you focused on that can help a smaller guy take the big guy down
    Sorry bro, no there is nothing you can do. Either you have it or you dont.
    * Hey Shawn just saw the 1994 olympia for the 100th time your posing still gives me GOOSEBUMPS
    Thanks, I used that song to earn my Pro Card back in 1987 as well. It brings back fond memories of a great era in BBing!
    Peace,
    S. Ray
    Com on SR, you know you could not get with me when it came to posing LOL

* Com on SR, you know you could not get with me when it came to posing
    Son, you copying my style and then messing things up with you adding your flare to it, simply ruined a good thing and confused alot of young Gippa Snappas out therrr!

SHAWN I LIKE THE WAY YOU TYPE...YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB, IM GLAD YOUR PART OF OUR MD CREW....I MEAN THAT....I ALWAYS LIKED YOU, NOT THE SAME WAY THAT I LIKE STAN McQUAY, BUT I THINK YOUR PHYSIQUE WAS LEDGENDARY.....
    “Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! ”..Gregg Valentino

MY NEW'TRAINING BOOK'
    CLICK ON THIS >http://greggvalentino.net/?p=8

MY "NEW
    "FACEBOOK > http://www.facebook.com/pages/GREGG-VALENTINO-Friends-Supporters/334960258389?ref=mf

CLICK HERE FOR THE BOOK

Death, Drugs, & Muscle: The Gregg Valentino Story

MY TWITTER > http://twitter.com/#!/GREGG_VALENTINO

www.GreggValentino.net

http://www.myspace.com/greggvalentino

I must confess that I've never trusted the Web. I've always seen it as a coward's tool. Where does it live? How do you hold it personally responsible? Can you put a distributed network of fiber-optic cable "on notice"? And is it male or female? In other words, can I challenge it to a fight?......Stephen Colbert

Spotter

Shawn,as one of the guys with the most consistency to ever grace the stage, I pose this question.What was your motivating factor ? Despite some controversial placings it seems as if you were a true champion in your pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGG VALENTINO View Post
    SHAWN I LIKE THE WAY YOU TYPE...YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB, IM GLAD YOUR PART OF OUR MD CREW....I MEAN THAT....I ALWAYS LIKED YOU, NOT THE SAME WAY THAT I LIKE STAN McQUAY, BUT I THINK YOUR PHYSIQUE WAS LEDGENDARY.....
    LOL. You mean our 2006 LHW Nationals Champion? I see he's gone far with that title. Nice! We all love Stan....

* I ALWAYS LIKED YOU, NOT THE SAME WAY THAT I LIKE STAN McQUAY
    Thanks bro, I always knew there was something strange about you and now I know! You have me playing second fiddle to a guy with a Pro Card who never competed in the Pro's?
    Things that make you go, "HHhhhhhhhmmmmmm.......?"
    Naw, Stan is a cool cat. Happy Thanksgiving, it's great to be here and contribute!

*What was your motivating factor ?
    Simple,...........I was trying to become the Best in the World! As with most guys who are, they never will in the eyes of some Judges in a Subjective sport but I truly believe I was the Best I could have ever been at certain stages of my career!
    That left my belly full and my business finished!

Peace,
    S. Ray

Default How do tattoos affect judging?

Hey Shawn, i am thinking of getting a fairly large tattoo on my left side, from mid thigh to armpit. How, if at all, will this affect my bodybuilding career? I'm doing Collegiate Nationals next year btw, and plan to move up from there. Thank you

* Hey Shawn, i am thinking of getting a fairly large tattoo on my left side, from mid thigh to armpit. How, if at all, will this affect my bodybuilding career?
    If you're any good, it certainly wont help make you any better.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Shawn did you hear about the passing of REG PARK he had such an impact on arnold and on us fans what is your memory of Reg the man and the bodybuilding

Dedicated Noob
    New Jersery or ' New Jeru ' as the youngin' say

Default Monthly Column

Welcome aboard Shawn.
    Question for you. Will you write a monthly column like you did when you had your personal website up? and are you still in contact with any of the regulars from your website like ' Fancy ' and ' Swtbabe"?
    Yours in Christ
    P-Man

* Shawn did you hear about the passing of REG PARK he had such an impact on arnold and on us fans what is your memory of Reg the man and the bodybuilding
    Of course it's always a Sad day when we lose one of our Soldiers. Reg helped pave the way for a lot of BBers. I only met him a few times and spoke with him while I was in South Africa, his home town of Peoria while I was on tour. His son Jon Jon, is also a ROCK! He is in our prayers this holiday weekend and at home with our Lord Jesus Christ. He is much better off than we are at the moment so it is hard to feel down. He is no longer in pain or suffering and a Celebration of his life is where my thoughts will be.

* Will you write a monthly column like you did when you had your personal website up? and are you still in contact with any of the regulars from your website like ' Fancy ' and ' Swtbabe"?
    I do have a Montly Feature Column in MD, I will inform, update, motivate and stimulate the readers with info, stories and direction each month! The first one has already been submitted and should be out in another month or so.
    I dont keep up with the people on my old forum, ran out of time but we email each other from time to time. Fancy is doing well, thanks!

Peace,
    S. Ray

Hey shawn,
    i love bodybuilding and cant ever imagine stopping but need to ask some one who has lived it all and can tell me how bad BB really is for your body. i know it is individual depending on abuse but even if you were being resposible do you feel it will shorten your lifespan or increase risk for serious illness? due to the extra bulk you are carrying around and the punish ment your body goes through to go to extreme low BF%

* i love bodybuilding and cant ever imagine stopping but need to ask some one who has lived it all and can tell me how bad BB really is for your body. i know it is individual depending on abuse but even if you were being resposible do you feel it will shorten your lifespan or increase risk for serious illness?
    Being responsible is the most important aspect of BBing Amateur or Pro. Sure I put my body through some punishing workouts but trust me when I say, I allowed it more time to recover than I did beating it up over the years! The training is Max 3 hrs a day 5-6 days a week compared with resting the other 20 to 21hrs a day when not training.
    Bulking up and training down, is not hard on the body when done gradually. As for Life Span, we could both die tomorrow/
    Risk of serious illness, like what? The Flu, Aids, Cancer?
    Never had any of the above, I rarely get sick most likely due to keeping my body inshape and eating well.
    So you see, the opposite could be more true for short life expectancy: Dont train, Dont eat right, Dont rest and Dont respect your body. I actually know more people like this that are certain to have future health problems but I live in the moment, for today because Life is short and then we are gone. I chose to live a life full of Athletic achievement and Physical Fitness, now in retirement, I am enjoying the fruits of my labor, injury free, fat n happy.
    Thanks,
    S. Ray

Hey Shawn, Just wanted to drop in and say hello and wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season

* Hey Shawn, Just wanted to drop in and say hello and wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season
    Thank you as well! You doing any shows up coming?
    Keep a brotha posted and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!
    S

Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast