Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Spotter

Hay shawn,happy holidays and all of that ! My question is ,what % of body fat did you allow your self in the off season in order to maintain your appearances yet allow for growth ?

* what % of body fat did you allow your self in the off season in order to maintain your appearances yet allow for growth ?
    It is well documented that I never did body fat testing, took measurements, measured calorie intake.
    I used the Mirror as my guide and knew that Body fat does not help in building muscle.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Hey shawn,

i dont understand the whole junior nationals junior USA thing...is there an age limit why would an amateur compete in these as compared to the actualy nationals or USA...thanks again...

* dont understand the whole junior nationals junior USA thing...is there an age limit why would an amateur compete in these as compared to the actualy nationals or USA
    No age limit, simply a level beneath the Open Nationals and USA's.
    The Jr's ar not as deep in talent or development.
    I moved from a Local to City, State, Jr and later National Level before turning Pro by winning the Nationals.
    You're welcome.
    S. Ray

Default couple business questions for shawn

Hey whats up shawn, love what you do man, i got a couple questions about the bodybuilding industry since you would be considered a true financial success in it, and I am hoping that you can answer them to the REALEST possible manner..haha.just need some estimates, keeping the estimates of lets say a "successful" bodybuilder..top 10 in Olympia. ..I want to know what the pluses and the minuses of the game....

1. Can you give me an example of the range of dollars of a magazine contract gives to its athletes? example..wieder, muscle mag, MD?

2. Can you give me an example of what a popular IFBB pro would get paid to do a photo shoot with any magazine?

3. An example of what an IFBB pro who would get paid to attend a seminar and speak?

4. An example of what an IFBB pro would get paid to do a guest appearance with posing?

5. The incentives that come with having a supplement contract and the dollars a year an athlete gets from a successful company..Muscle tech, gaspari, met-rx..(contracts are different for every athlete, but an estimate)

7. Can bodybuilding still open doors to jump into the mainstream?

8. How important is age and looks(saying your a top 3 in the show) when trying to win a pro qualifying show?

Dude, that is way too much for me to respond to in one shot.
    * Is BBing Lucrative?= To some, very and others not at all.
    Marketing, Contest Success and overall Look, all play into what is available and to whom.
    * Can BBing open Doors? = American Gladiators signed Mike O'hearn who has done Modeling, Powerlifting and BBing, as well as Figure & Fitness Pro's Valerie Waugamn & Tanji Johnson.
    Kim Lyons, a former Pro Fitness Competitor is in the process of completing her 2nd season of the Biggest Loser on NBA.
    There are others, but they have to Pursue Acting and Mainstream if that is what they are interested in.
    * Incomes derived from Magazines and Supplement Contract vary depending on the individual and what they can do for the respective companies. Not all the Contracts are the same therefore you have varying amounts being paid out the Athletes who obtain them.
    * Seminars & Posing Fee's have different ranges depending on the Contast Promoter what they can Pay, the Athlete what he can draw, the size of the crowd, the venue, the travel distance.
    All these factor into a Pro's asking price and what the promoter is willing to pay.
    Hope this helps,
    S. Ray

shawn
    your record speaks for itself ... legend!!
    and......
    you gotta be a politician in practise for answering those questions without actually giving anything away!! i like your sidestep style lol!!!

good luck with your non competitive ventures and your family life.

matsu

* good luck with your non competitive ventures and your family life
    Thank you.

Dedicated Noob
    New Jersery or ' New Jeru ' as the youngin' say

Default VHS to DVD

What's up Shawn?
    QUestion: Will you convert any of your VHS tapes to DVD for sale? and do you have anymore of the T Shirts that you sold on your old site for sale as well?
    Yours in Christ
    Peace
    P-Man

Shawn:

U think u will take up Lee Preist's ASC challenge to u?

You always was my greatest example to follow...as great phisique and great man!
    Nice to have you here!
    I wish the best for you and your family!

* Will you convert any of your VHS tapes to DVD for sale? and do you have anymore of the T Shirts that you sold on your old site for sale as well?
    I presently have "Inside & Out and Final Countdown" on DVD available.
    I'm offiicially out of the T-shirt Business now that I'm no longer competing.

* You always was my greatest example to follow...as great phisique and great man!
    Thank you, feels like home here with all the Positive Questions and Feedback!
    Happy Holiday's!

* U think u will take up Lee Preist's ASC challenge to u?
    No, I actually like Lee believe it or not. He is strange in a Short kinda way but it's all good. He get's all fired up when I take the Piss out of him, so I try to whenever I can but we are cordial in person.
    That said, I would never beat up someone shorter than me, I'd let my brother do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * U think u will take up Lee Preist's ASC challenge to u?
    No, I actually like Lee believe it or not. He is strange in a Short kinda way but it's all good. He get's all fired up when I take the Piss out of him, so I try to whenever I can but we are cordial in person.
    That said, I would never beat up someone shorter than me, I'd let my brother do it for me.
    Actually, that guy has about 2 inches on you.

Oh you meant height, and not length? Oops. You're right, you're taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * I wonder if Mr. Ray had this kind of questions in his early years
    Yes, I too had similar questions but through my personal "Trial & Error" I found what i needed to do and how on my own. I never had a "Guru" or a "Trainer" telling me what to do and how to do it! Certainly I knew the difference between what might work for someone and not for someone else. Why would I listen to what a Pro BBer's Drug Cycle is like as if it would apply to me? More than likely we train differently, have size differences and genetic differences too! One mans Fruit is another mans Poison, ever heard of that?
    So basically when you started taking drugs to get your size, you said to yourself, "It's smarter to just test out all steroids out there to see what works for me" instead of, "I should probably follow a regime similar to those bodybuilders who have been successful?"

C'mon Shawn. Just admit you're not going to answer the question.

Here's the question, let's see how you handle it:

What was your cycle like at your biggest while bulking? And, can you post an example of your cutting cycle for one of your Olympia competitions?

Quote Originally Posted by LeePriestLover View Post
    So basically when you started taking drugs to get your size, you said to yourself, "It's smarter to just test out all steroids out there to see what works for me" instead of, "I should probably follow a regime similar to those bodybuilders who have been successful?"

C'mon Shawn. Just admit you're not going to answer the question.

Here's the question, let's see how you handle it:

What was your cycle like at your biggest while bulking? And, can you post an example of your cutting cycle for one of your Olympia competitions?

EVenthough for edification it would be nice to know however its soooooo many IDIOTS who juice (I sometimes understand why its illegal if u ever read the people who post on the chem board here). Some folks just take drugs on top of drugs to "get big" with shitty diet and poor training...then when thats not working they add more drugs hmmmmm SHawn Ray took xyz at the HEIGHT OF HIS PRO BB career. Let me take that too it will work on me!! As stupid as it sounds some do that.

I'm sometimes just conflicted because I do want to know what higher level guys are using. I have been lucky to know first hand what a few current pro's use and seriously sometimes its LESS than what some of the < 21 year olds post on here and shocking as that by be! Hell we have 1 kid in HIGH SCHOOL who was talking about his DBOL!

These people just don't read up on the science of these drugs and just take whatever they see somebody else doing and take massive doses.

Default question for shawn about maketing youself...

Whats up shawn...I got a couple questions..I am going to keep short and sweet for you..

1. Can tatoos hurt your ability to become a pro?

2. How did you get hooked up with fox sports to start commenting for them?

3. Do bodybuilders get paid money for being telecast ed of the web?

4. What traits do you think you need to be signed to companies before your a pro?

Thank you Shawn!
    It's an honor for me!
    I've always though that your midsection was the greatest I've seen, I know that diet and cardio, (ok genetic too)are the way to go for showing great abs but how was important in your training-routines the abs training?
    Did you trained them with weights too?

Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast