Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 141 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

What are your thoughts on Jay possibly doing the arnold this comming year?? is it smart...is it worth it?...will he win?

* What are your thoughts on Jay possibly doing the arnold this comming year??
    Personally, I dont think about what Jay says, but I like what he does and how he does it, so we will see.

* how was important in your training-routines the abs training?
    I did a little bit of ABs every other day- 3 days a week

* 1. Can tatoos hurt your ability to become a pro?
    Would certainly depend on How many and where. If they hide the Muscle and take away from the physique, YES. They could be a hinderance.

2. How did you get hooked up with fox sports to start commenting for them?
    They decided to cover our sport and seen previous work I had done and requested me to work for them.

3. Do bodybuilders get paid money for being telecast ed of the web?
    No.

4. What traits do you think you need to be signed to companies before your a pro?
    Marketability, Appeal, Future Advancement in the sport, Verbal Skills, Easy to work with, various attribute each individual company would want.

* What was your cycle like at your biggest while bulking?
    I didn't use Drugs to get Big.

Peace,
    S. Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

* What was your cycle like at your biggest while bulking?
    I didn't use Drugs to get Big.

Peace,
    S. Ray
    So you only used drugs when you were getting ready for a contest? Which?

Quote Originally Posted by LeePriestLover View Post
    So you only used drugs when you were getting ready for a contest? Which?
    Dude, just stop asking him about steroids; He obviously used them but he also had GREAT GENETICS, plenty of guys take juice, not too many of them turn pro at 22 like Shawn.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Shawn when did you learn about jesus christ and realize we all are on borrowed time at 42yrs old i RELISH each day alot more than when i was younger i would love for you to speak on this

* So you only used drugs when you were getting ready for a contest? Which
    Just because I'm retired doesn't mean my life is an Open Book. I dont owe anyone an explaination as to what I did or do?
    How often do you Masterbate and When? Your a guy, you're on the forum, share with everybody please......?
    See my point, dont say you never have or dont.
    Regardless, Nobody wants to know, nor do we care.
    Respect.

* Shawn when did you learn about jesus christ
    When I was a kid.
    I accepted him in 2001 as my Lord and Savoir. I had Him compartmentalized in segments of my life and areas of my life, mostly in time of need. Upon contempating "Sharing" my life with my wife, I knew I would need a Savoir to understand His Law and not continue following mine, which was set for failure without His control.
    That said, I accepted Jesus, follow Jesus, fail Jesus and Repent through Jesus.
    It is my personal relationship with Him that changed my life.

Peace,
    S. Ray

Dedicated Noob
    New Jersery or ' New Jeru ' as the youngin' say

Hey Shawn, I wanted to say that it was also my personal relationship with GOD that changed my life as well, also referring back to your Bodybuilding DVDs, where can I order them from or send the money order to? ( Sorry I don't do the online credit card thing )
    Stay Blessed

Thank you!
    * referring back to your Bodybuilding DVDs, where can I order them from or send the money order to?
    Inside & Out
    Final Countdown

Are both available on DVD for $39.95 plus $5.00 S&H
    Shawn Ray Productions
    PO BOX 503
    Placentia, Ca. 92871

Hey Shawn i look foward to your new column in MD i hope you talk about how bodybuilding has saved many lives INCLUDING MINE from alchohol abuse and from depression and other bad stuff out there it changes lives IT CHANGED MINE THANK GOD

* Hey Shawn i look foward to your new column in MD
    Thanks, each Column will be different and kind of ALL Inclusive (Info, News, Bio, Retro, Contest Coverage, Etc.)
    I am working on my Year End Review now, which will be my 2nd Column.

S. Ray

How is your training now Shawn? Do you have changed something (volume,techincs,rest...)?
    I wish a great success for your column in MD!!!!

* How is your training now Shawn?
    Sporadic at best.
    I will actually hit the gym this coming New Year after time off since March 07'. I needed to get out of the gym for an extended period of time to experience "Life" in general without having to wake up and run to the gym as if my life depended on it. I find myself a bit more relaxed and at ease however I do miss the daily Pumps and Rush of excitement to pound the weights. That said, everything slows down and my comfort zone is much more at ease regarding daily activities because my energy stores are high. The 2 yr old is a direct beneficiary of me being there each morning to share in the Breakfast Cereal and Cartoons before heading to Tutor Time for a few hours to play and learn with other kiddies!
    Mama likes it too, as I have become Daddy Day Care in the am but 2009 is calling me back to the gym to fight Father time on a general level.
    Stay tuned, not looking forward to the soreness waiting for me.

Merry Christmas!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Default just trying to ask the RIGHT questions

Do supplement companies have the ability to sign athletes every year..meaning if every year they see someone with potential, do they sign them, or only when the companies are close with closing contract with an athlete? just asking to see when it is best to compete in a show knowing that you can come out with more than a win..

What would happen if you were signed to a company before you turned pro and in the pro qualifying show, in your posing trucks you wore your companies logos? can bodybuilding ever go that far??? would that be good or bad?

Other than winning and the other parts to that, Do you think the "name" of the show matter and the location?...(kinda like football you know, certain people get seen because of certain areas have better players)...?

Shawn you seem to have made the transition from pro to retired very smooth how did you do it as a fan i need the gym 3 days a week or i will go insane at 42 i enjoy training and my BLEESED HEALTH more than ever HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMASS and thanks for treating your fans like gold YOUR FAN DAN

* Shawn you seem to have made the transition from pro to retired very smooth how did you do it
    I left EVERYTHING I had as a Competitor, On the Stage before I left.
    I had nothing in the tank pulling me back, nothing left to prove, offer or give.
    Then I rediscorvered some of my childhood favorite things to do through the birth of my daughter: Cartoons, Cold Cereal, Hide n Seek, Peek a Boo, Singing & Dancing together in the morning, Playing on the Swing Set, more Cartoons........French Fries, Dress Up, Hannah Montana!
    The gym doesn't call me the way my daughter does from the moment I open my eye's in the morning like it used to.
    Certainly turning the page and closing the chapter on Competition helped me segue into Life after the Stage relatively easily.
    * Do supplement companies have the ability to sign athletes every year
    Of course they do, it's there Money and some seek to sponsor athletes as a way to promoter the company. That changes year to year for some.
    Winning shows may help some and not others in the Big Picture. Simply having a Title or Titles entitles no one to anything.
    If a company wants someone whether they win or even compete is irrelavant. Marketability, Representation and overall Look will help you more than simply winning a show.
    dont get me wrong, if youhave the right look, you may have to entertain several companies interested in you but you'd better not be in this business simply looking for the Pay Check and lose sight of becoming the best!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Spotter

Hay big S,way back when you first competed tell us about the year you went toe to toe with Franco Santerelli..."Hope I spelled that right."

Shawn if have experience with working in the bb industry so I thought I'd throw this question at you to help a buddy of mine.

Lets say I'm a national level NPC competitor. How would I go about getting sponsorship from a company to help my career (free supplements etc etc)?

He is claims he is having a hard time because he is in his 30s not 20s i.e.
    the supplement companies want young early 20s guys and not 30+ older guys. But is that really a hinderence? What would you do to start marketing one's self to publications and/or supplement companies to be a sponsored athlete?

Page 12 of 141 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast