Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

One of the all time greats !!
    Strictly Business

Default Welcome!

Welcome to MD!

Brilliant to add another big name in the sport here - looking forward to your postings!

Dawn.x

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Thank you, and the Hit's just keep comin'!

VYO Tech Nutritionals present Shawn Ray's NY PRO 202lbs and Under
    NY PRO May 10th, 2007 in New York, New York.

Contest Promoter, Steve Weinberger and I have Teamed up with VYO Tech Nutritionals to present for the 1st time ever in New York the 202lbs & Under Category.

There will be no Overall Posedown or anything but the show will play Host to a slew of Professional Bodybuilders 202lbs & Under with hopefully a "Mr. Olympia Qualification" for the winner, which is still being discussed since the Open NY PRO at present Qualifies the Top 5 Finalists.

There will be 2- Best Presentation Awards ( 1 for each class) being handed out on behalf of Muscular Development Magazine in the amount of $2,500.00
    Prize Money
    1st Place: $5,000
    2nd Place: $3,500
    3rd Place: $2,000
    4th Place: $1,500
    5th Place: $1,000

Details will be discussed next week on NO BULL Radio with Dave & John.

Peace,

S. Ray
    If you copied and pasted that from something official you might want to change the date to 2008!

Shawn, I work out at Mark Banter's gym here in Indiana, and he's promised me some stories from his past including some about you. Got any good stories about him I could surprise him with?
    I min/max my physique

I have a vague recollection of Mark, as I live in Cali and met up with him only a few times in the Mid to Late 80's.
    Hope he is doing well!
    S. Ray

shawn- what do you think a bodybuilder can do to keep his waist line from getting wider and maybe even making it smaller??

I never paid attention to "Keeping my waist down" All this talk about waists didn't come about until I retired.
    I believe it is a combination of GH & Insulin personally.
    Peace,
    Shawn

I never paid attention to "Keeping my waist down" All this talk about waists didn't come about until I retired.
    Peace,
    Shawn
    I think you are close to the truth with that assessment.

Take a look at Dennis Wolf and then Dennis James. Why is there such a big difference in the "gut"? Admittedly, Wolf is very genetically gifted but genetic gifts cannot account solely for his waist as compared to other pros that come to mind. There are other factors and it may be specific "technology" being employed by the athletes that is causing this effect.

Peace,
    Shawn
    i wasnt referring as like a gh gut.. but as the width of my waist. it def has gotten bigger this past year i competed and i have never used GF or insulin..

vargasty

Sean, what is your opinion on training a body part twice a week like arms or chest? This whole over-training thing is getting bigger and bigger but the results are not.

Default Finale Countdown

Shawn:

Hey Sugar ray glad to chat with you…..
    Listen in your Finale Countdown video when you was in your room preparing for pre judging I believe, you said you use various loading foods and what not like bananas and oats, but didn’t want to reveal it all for you know your enemies (friendly competition name) would be watching the video so now that you are retired and on a new road what was those loading pre-judging substances. I have always admired your physique and try to use as a blueprint to build my own.

Shawn,

Your era of bodybuilding in my opinion was hands down the best. I was a young teen during that time period, but when I use to look at musclemags, you, Kevin Leverone, Flex and Mike M. use to be an inspiration to me, and I would always wish I could have the physique you guys carried.

I have a question in regards to diet and training for you. I am reading a book by the great Dan Duchaine: Militiant Bodyopus. Did you ever employ any of the methods that Dan outlines in his book as far as diet and training? If so, what was your experience?

Shawn--

In your opinion, where do you rate in the best physiques of all time?

Specifically, top 20? top 10?

Who would you place right in front of you and right behind you?

Thanks.

Let me try to briefly answer all the questions previously stated so I dont fall too far behind in the future questions coming up.
    * Where do I rate my Physique in the Top 10 - 20 of All time?
    I leave that to the Fans and Jugdes, I'd like to think spending my Entire Career on the Olympia Stage with 12 Consecutive Top 5 Finishes and being inducted into IFBB Bodybuilding Hall of Fame this year, I'd have to be in the Top 20. Which ain't bad considering there are 11 Mr. Olympia Champions in the last 41 years of it's existance, which were at their time THE BEST of that given Year but not necessarily considered the Best of All Time.
    Who wouldplace in front or behind me is not something I ever considered nor think about, I'll leave that to the fans.
    * Dan Duchaine Training.
    I never read nor did I impliment anything Dan Duchaine ever talked about or wrote about. Why would I, I never met him, aspired to listen to or be like him. My time and energy regarding training was directed at my training partners or the implimentation of training stuff I read about in magazines by guys I aspired to beat one day or compete with.
    * now that you are retired and on a new road what was those loading pre-judging substances.
    I didn't use "Loading Substances" when Final Prep for a contest. I ate foods like Oatmeal, Jelly/Jam, Steak, Apple Pie Filling and Sweet Potato's
    * i wasnt referring as like a gh gut.. but as the width of my waist
    Not to sound like a Dick but I have no idea how or why some people develope big waists or what actually causes one persons to be bigger than the next. I squatted heavy ate lots of food, bulked up, dieted down the works and my waist like Dexter & Dennis Wolfe never grew.
    * Sean, what is your opinion on training a body part twice a week like arms or chest?
    It's a whole lot easier to get my attention when you spell my name right.
    Please refer to anywhere you've seen my name in print.
    I always traine ea body part twice a week.
    Hope this helps, I'll get more detailed when I write about Shawn Ray, "The Lost Training Files" in my Monthly column in MD coming soon.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Shawn,
    If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice before you started bodybuilding... what would it be?
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

vargasty

Let me try to briefly answer all the questions previously stated so I dont fall too far behind in the future questions coming up.
    * Where do I rate my Physique in the Top 10 - 20 of All time?
    I leave that to the Fans and Jugdes, I'd like to think spending my Entire Career on the Olympia Stage with 12 Consecutive Top 5 Finishes and being inducted into IFBB Bodybuilding Hall of Fame this year, I'd have to be in the Top 20. Which ain't bad considering there are 11 Mr. Olympia Champions in the last 41 years of it's existance, which were at their time THE BEST of that given Year but not necessarily considered the Best of All Time.
    Who wouldplace in front or behind me is not something I ever considered nor think about, I'll leave that to the fans.
    * Dan Duchaine Training.
    I never read nor did I impliment anything Dan Duchaine ever talked about or wrote about. Why would I, I never met him, aspired to listen to or be like him. My time and energy regarding training was directed at my training partners or the implimentation of training stuff I read about in magazines by guys I aspired to beat one day or compete with.
    * now that you are retired and on a new road what was those loading pre-judging substances.
    I didn't use "Loading Substances" when Final Prep for a contest. I ate foods like Oatmeal, Jelly/Jam, Steak, Apple Pie Filling and Sweet Potato's
    * i wasnt referring as like a gh gut.. but as the width of my waist
    Not to sound like a Dick but I have no idea how or why some people develope big waists or what actually causes one persons to be bigger than the next. I squatted heavy ate lots of food, bulked up, dieted down the works and my waist like Dexter & Dennis Wolfe never grew.
    * Sean, what is your opinion on training a body part twice a week like arms or chest?
    It's a whole lot easier to get my attention when you spell my name right.
    Please refer to anywhere you've seen my name in print.
    I always traine ea body part twice a week.
    Hope this helps, I'll get more detailed when I write about Shawn Ray, "The Lost Training Files" in my Monthly column in MD coming soon.
    Peace,
    S. Ray
    yo brother I totally apoligize. I was just mad tired and just got out of class. That is how my friend spells his name and it just came out like that, sorry.

Mr. Ray,

your opinion on Dorian Yates physique? and how it compares to the people after his era. it looks big and nasty in the photos i have seen.

Also do u think Nasser should have won the 1997 Olympia? were u friends with Nasser? he seems like a quiet guy.

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast