Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

* If you could go back and give yourself one piece of advice before you started bodybuilding... what would it be?
    I think from the start I knew what to expect, what was expected of me and what riad I needed to travel to get there. My track record and contest history will bear that out. I moved from one level of competition to the next until I was Olympia material. From there the road for me was a smooth isolated one, as I kept to myself, traveled solo, skipped falling in love, made my passion into my business of which I can now reap the rewards.
    * yo brother I totally apoligize
    It's cool everybody gets a pass the 1st time it happens.
    * your opinion on Dorian Yates physique?
    Of course it was never my favorite and the opposite of Beauty which is what drew me to the sport (Bob Paris, Mohammed Makkaway, Dickerson, Zane)
    * Also do u think Nasser should have won the 1997 Olympia? were u friends with Nasser?
    No. I though I had both him and Dorian beat with the fewest flaws.
    No & Yes. I never of Nasser but never knew Nasser. Meaning, I never called him, he never called me. We'd see each other at shows, say heloo and go about our business in a professional way. I never really had an opinion on Nasser because he was not a friend or associate of mine, he was a competitor nothing more or less.

Peace,
    S. Ray

cool thanks man.

I gotta say u were flawless at some of those Olympias. I wonder how it felt having such a great physique (i can only imagine)

Spotter

Hey Mr. Ray,

I hope that all is well with you. This is my first posting on the forums and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to refer to you as Shawn or Mr. Ray so I'll stick with what I know for now. Anyway, I was wondering how you personally handled being a bodybuilder in college with schoolwork and what you ended up doing after you finished college. Did you end up working in a regular career while bodybuilding?

I remember you writing about following your passion and ending up getting paid for it. Would you recommend this to everyone if they have the level of talent to become a professional in the sport of bodybuilding.

Thanks,

Jay Myers

HEy Shawn:

My question is are you on lifetime HRT since you stopped competing?

sup Shawn,

also enjoyed PBW when you'er on the show (not so much the other two guy...) ha and where you training at now? I just moved to LA recently and looking to join a gym other than the school one. Thanks in advance!

* I was wondering how you personally handled being a bodybuilder in college with schoolwork and what you ended up doing after you finished college. Did you end up working in a regular career while bodybuilding?
    I studied Social Psychology while in school, living with my mom until I turned Pro in 87'. It was at that time Bodybuilding became a Business for me, GLOBAL BUSINESS, which I put the brakes on school and turned up the volume on Business. I received a PHD in Professional BBing my 1st year and bank rolled into a 20 yr Profession this year! The only job I have ever had is that of being in Bodybuilding. It's not for everyone but it's what I'm best at.
    * where you training at now?
    Since I no longer compete, I train at LA Fitness Health Clubs. around So. Cal.
    * My question is are you on lifetime HRT since you stopped competing?
    Sorry, I have no idea what HRT means?

I'm off to the TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS to MC with Bob Cicherillo for District State Chairman, Lee Thompson this Saturday night in Houston, Texas so I will not be able to reply to Q's until I return on Monday.
    Bare with me and have a great weekend guys!

Peace,
    S. Ray

HRT= Hormone replacement therapy, e.g. prescription testosterone
    I min/max my physique

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

* My question is are you on lifetime HRT since you stopped competing?
    Sorry, I have no idea what HRT means?

Peace,
    S. Ray
    HRT = "Hormone Replacement Therapy" because your body can no longer produce endogenous Testosterone after years of suppressive cycles. You started very young from the pictures I saw I assume so I was wondering if after all those years you are permenately damaged from overuse and/or starting too early. Thus I was asking if you get replacement testosterone treatment since your bodybuilding competing career over.

* This is my first posting on the forums and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to refer to you as Shawn or Mr. Ray
    Ah, Shawn is fine, that's my name.
    * HRT = "Hormone Replacement Therapy"
    Ah, for the record, I've been retired from competition 6 years now, the whole Drug/Pill Poppin thing is over. I'm healthy n happy and have been for quiet some time, no need for Drug Therapy.
    * I wonder how it felt having such a great physique (i can only imagine)
    Felt great, still does since I'm still me.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Some great information Shawn. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Myers View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm suppose to refer to you as Shawn or Mr. Ray so I'll stick with what I know for now.
    I have started this trend. Mr. Ray is the way to go.

* This is my first posting on the forums and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to refer to you as Shawn or Mr. Ray
    Ah, Shawn is fine, that's my name.

How about El Hefe? Or Senor Superior? Seriously. Years ago I had an opinion about Shawn Ray based upon reading magazines and a couple interviews I'd seen where I mistook confidence for arrogance. I then had a chance to meet him after the 2001 Arnold Classic at the after party, and he took some time to talk to me at great lenght about the IFBB, judging, and just generally shoot the shit. During the conversation, in the back of my head I kept thinking I should give him plenty of opportunities to end the conversation and walk off because he was wasting his time talking to some shmuck fan, but he never did. Shawn proved to be intelligent, extremely well spoken and obviously educated (rare in the BB world) and just generally a nice guy. I think any Shawn Ray hater who would actually spend 5 minutes talking to him would be converted to a fan, or at the very least gain an appreciation into his mindset. Bottom line? DOWN TO EARTH! It's awesome he's joined the ranks of the Muscle Mob..

Can we still call you Sugar Shawn Ray???? LOL

whats your favorite era of bodybuilding if you choose between 70s, 80s, 90s, and now.

Shawn, how do you think has a good chance to win the 2007 Nationals (if in good shape)?

SHAWN.......IF YA NEED HELP WITH YOUR COLUMN IM AVAILABLE....I CANT SPELL AND I TYPE REALLY FAST WITH ONE FINGER BUT IM ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OUT A FRIEND......AND AFTER ALL YOU ARE NOW MY FRIEND, UMMMM RIGHT SHAWN???? wink wink

OOOOPS, A LITTLE ADVICE >>>> DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS, ITS TOO HARD ON THE EYES!!!!!
    “Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! ”..Gregg Valentino

MY NEW'TRAINING BOOK'
    CLICK ON THIS >http://greggvalentino.net/?p=8

MY "NEW
    "FACEBOOK > http://www.facebook.com/pages/GREGG-VALENTINO-Friends-Supporters/334960258389?ref=mf

CLICK HERE FOR THE BOOK

Death, Drugs, & Muscle: The Gregg Valentino Story

MY TWITTER > http://twitter.com/#!/GREGG_VALENTINO

www.GreggValentino.net

http://www.myspace.com/greggvalentino

I must confess that I've never trusted the Web. I've always seen it as a coward's tool. Where does it live? How do you hold it personally responsible? Can you put a distributed network of fiber-optic cable "on notice"? And is it male or female? In other words, can I challenge it to a fight?......Stephen Colbert

whats your favorite era of bodybuilding if you choose between 70s, 80s, 90s, and now.
    The 90's of course.
    Can we still call you Sugar Shawn Ray
    I'm still Sweet, works for me.
    Shawn, how do you think has a good chance to win the 2007
    Nationals
    Muscle MOB RADIO Monday, I will Preview the Nationals with Dave & John.
    SHAWN.......IF YA NEED HELP WITH YOUR COLUMN IM AVAILABLE....I CANT SPELL AND I TYPE REALLY FAST WITH ONE FINGER BUT IM ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OUT A FRIEND......AND AFTER ALL YOU ARE NOW MY FRIEND, UMMMM RIGHT SHAWN????
    Actually Greg, we're FAMILY NOW! I can Spell, Write and believe it or not Speak but thanks for the Olive Branch. it's all good in da hood!

hi shawn

train sometimes in germany?
    are friend with pavol jablonicky?

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast