Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

mr. ray. i was flipping through some channels and on some high up cable channel i saw a show called "flex" or something like that. intrigued i watched it. those were some nice mc hammer pants you had bro. no im not dissing i think you are THE GREATEST of all time, seriously i watch clips of you and other guys, you rocked it all the time.

* Should I focus on maxing out my genetic potential safely as possible and fill out my frame for a national level comeptition?
    Yes, my advise is fill out slow and enjoy the ride! Safety first son.
    Good luck.
    * i was flipping through some channels and on some high up cable channel i saw a show called "flex" or something like that
    It was probably FLex Magazine Workout. Of course the clothes were supplied to us by a Sponsor but they did reflect the times back then, great memories, glad we got it on film and memorialized it for eternity!

Check out Muscle Mob Radio today, I will be on to preview the Nationals and drop some wisdom to the crew.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Default SHAWN

MAD RESPECT BRO, VERY IMFORMATIVE AND YOU KNOW YOUR SHIT. GLAD YOU SIGNED WITH MD. LISTEN TO THE RADIO SHOW EVERY MONDAY, AND YOU DID REALLY WELL. MAKING THE SHOW EVEN BETTER !

GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BABY !

PEACE

DEREK ANTHONY
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

vargasty

yo Shawn (spelled it right lol) was reading the Pre-contest Bible. Was that your real training scheduel? It was 3 days on 1 off so you hit everything twice over 8 days. Also, I really think you are top 5 builds all time with Arnol, Ronnie at his best, Flex, and Victor and you should have won2 O's in my personal opinion. What I like about you is that you didn't get invovled in that bigger is better scenario. How much did you actually weigh? I have seen as low as 215 but you really look like 240ish, sort of like Flex looked way bigger then he was because you both had that super dense muscle.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I remember Flex magazine workout! Some of my first memories of the game (J.J. Marsh, Vince Taylor, Kevin Levrone, so many cool guests and of course Boyer), Thanks for that! Also thanks for gettin' in with the MOB. Already a great thread going on here and can't wait to see your column, especially on how you used to train. Keep up the good work and THANKS!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

HEY SHAWN!
    Thanks for the night show tickets you gave me and my wife this year at the expo of your Colorado Show!

Question: I was really looking forward to doing the 2008 amateur show in Colorado as i will be between shows at that time.
    What about this muscle camp you mentioned on No Bull Radio? How can i get info and register for that? Thanks bro!

* LISTEN TO THE RADIO SHOW EVERY MONDAY, AND YOU DID REALLY WELL. MAKING THE SHOW EVEN BETTER !
    Thanks Big D!, The boys make the show easy and comfortable, they know what their talking about which makes it easy to flow with the show.
    * What about this muscle camp you mentioned on No Bull Radio? How can i get info and register for that?
    Working out the details, should have something abit more concrete after we get past the Nationals.
    * Already a great thread going on here and can't wait to see your column, especially on how you used to train.
    I will be submitting my new column on November 10th, let me know if there is anything specific besides my Training, which I will address and detail too and I will try to squeeze it in.
    * yo Shawn (spelled it right lol) was reading the Pre-contest Bible. Was that your real training scheduel? It was 3 days on 1 off so you hit everything twice over 8 days.
    The Pre Contest Bible Details are exact, as I was interviewed by Larry Pepe in my back yard and he got the details accurate! Yes, I hit everything Twice while training for competition, I didn't believe in overtraining, especially since it only took me around 45min of weight training twice a day to get through my bodyparts. It was the 1 1/2 cardio (45mins 2 times a day) that was time consuming.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Hey Shawn how does it feel to be posting more about serious topics rather then jabbing back and forth with your Getbig brothers. We know you're still lurking over there (j/k don't want to get you fired). Either way don't worry we have been making some great photoshops of Keith without you.

Quote Originally Posted by tgc View Post
    mr. ray. i was flipping through some channels and on some high up cable channel i saw a show called "flex" or something like that. intrigued i watched it. those were some nice mc hammer pants you had bro. no im not dissing i think you are THE GREATEST of all time, seriously i watch clips of you and other guys, you rocked it all the time.

There is a couple of episodes on either youtube or dailymotion. Levrone is in them, Frank zane stops by in one. Wish they still had shows like that.

Welcome Shawn to MD, glad to see you joined the darkside LOL! If you wouldn't mind could you share with us some thoughts... Should the Olympia stay in Vegas or be held in different cities each year?Should the IFBB restructure their rounds, or maybe restructure the values of each round?Do you think if MD were interested in putting on their own IFBB show they would be able to get santioned?

Hey brotha congrats on the new MD contract, looking forward to the weekend

Pssst......Shawn......say "spellcheck"...LOL! Just givin ya shit, bro :-)

I saw you in Omaha, Nebraska in 1990, where you guest posed at the Mr. Midwest. You were awesome, my friend. I always liked your physique and agree with you that "beauty" has left the stage for freaky, unbalanced mass. Poor Jay C. He's had to grow to a freakishly disproportionate size to win the "O". He's a little head on a real big body now. I was there when Zane won his "O's" and he barely weighed 180lbs. Arnold was 225 at 6' when he won the '75 "O". Those two set the stage for beauty in both height classes. Serge Nubret had the most beautiful physique then and now and weighed 200lbs. And Lou, the biggest BBer ever (305lbs in his '93 "O", 285 in '94) still had a beautiful and balanced physique for a man of 6'-5".
    It will take the Mags to change the image, not the IFBB. It's a dollar driven industry and what sells the mags is what drives the aesthetic. (economics 101....supplement and equipment companies pay for advertising in mags. Mags with large circulations charge big $$$ for ads. Mags have company owners involved in the IFBB, etc. etc.)

Barbarian

Default 1993 Mr.O

Hello Mr. Ray I have the most respect and admiration for you as a former warrior in the ifbb world, I was blown away at the 1993 mr.olympia, when I saw Andreas Munzer give you respect onstage, He knew you were the best up there, even better than the beast with two backs Mr. Yates, this was my favorite olympia ever, with ferrigno, wheeler, labrada yates, and munzer, I was wondering how you held it together that night on stage knowing in your heart that you were numer#1 but placing third, the tension must have been crazy, Also Andreas having your back onstage, even patting down the sweat on you, he seemed like a true friend, You always went in swinging, and thats the way you went out, God Bless.

* Should the Olympia stay in Vegas or be held in different cities each year?
    Most definitley this is the ONLY place to hold the Olympia. Bright Lights & Big City, doesn't get any better than this.
    * Hey brotha congrats on the new MD contract, looking forward to the weekend
    * Happy Birthday Bro! The Irish 6-Time Middle Weight Champion deserves a Big Fat Steak & Potato with a bit of Guinness as a Chaser this weekend on me son!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * Should the Olympia stay in Vegas or be held in different cities each year?
    Most definitley this is the ONLY place to hold the Olympia. Bright Lights & Big City, doesn't get any better than this.
    haver you seen adelaide south australia?
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

* Have you seen Adelaide south Australia?
    Yes, I was in Adelaide in the early 90's to Guest Pose while on tour of Australia, I believe it was in 94, I also went to New Castle, Sydney and a few other cities with Paul Graham as the director.
    Very cool and exciting trip!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Shawn,

I am glad to see you on this board, it makes it much more appealing and exciting to check up on it now.

I had a few questions for ya:

Why did ESPN stop covering NPC Nationals?

I saw a clip of you on youtube where you were being taught choreography by a ballet instructor, I was wondering how did you approach the person that taught you with the concept? What did you look for you in your choreographer, and how did the two of you combine your knowledge to create your posing routines?

By the way, you are one of my favorite bodybuilders of all-time, and one of the reasons why besides your physique obviously is the fact that you continued to give back to the sport after your pro card and your pro career, both as the IFBB athletes rep and a promoter for your show and for sticking up for the lower weight divisions, awesome job! Keep up the good work man.

Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast