Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

* Why did ESPN stop covering NPC Nationals?
    They made mention something about Drugs and Testing, next thing you knew we were off the air.
    * I saw a clip of you on youtube where you were being taught choreography by a ballet instructor, I was wondering how did you approach the person that taught you with the concept?
    That clip was from my "Inside & Out" Dvd which the guy who started me in competion back in 1983' ( John Brown) came by my house and we were "Practicing' posing in my living room not Ballet.
    It is always helpful to have a second opinion from someone that can pose while choreographing a routine. I was in preparation for my last Olympia in 2001 while filming that DVD.
    Thanks,
    S. Ray

vargasty

Shawn, when dieting, what were your thoughts on a cheat day/cheat meal 1 time a week? I am using Test but I am not using t3 so my metabolism isn't gunna be that fast, like some of the pro's. Not saying that you used t3 or not, just that I won't be so please keep that in mind when answering if you could.

Hey Shawn, do you still keep in contact with John Brown? Is he still training? I think he'd make a great guest on the radio show.

* Shawn, when dieting, what were your thoughts on a cheat day/cheat meal 1 time a week?
    I always allowed myself a day to eat whatever I wanted but typically I didn't crave the "JUNK" I'd actually add the "EXTRAS" I was cutting out on this day ( Butter, Cheese, Sauces, Creams, Etc) then the next day I'd get back on the horse.
    * Hey Shawn, do you still keep in contact with John Brown?
    Yes, he lives about 15 minutes from me with his wife and 3 Boys. He is still in the Womens Fashion industry and rarely attends BBing shows.
    Thanks,
    S. Ray

Banned

Shawn what are your feelings on the amounts of drugs being used today as opposed to when arnold was around and what is your opinion on substances like synthol?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * Should the Olympia stay in Vegas or be held in different cities each year?
    Most definitley this is the ONLY place to hold the Olympia. Bright Lights & Big City, doesn't get any better than this.
    * Hey brotha congrats on the new MD contract, looking forward to the weekend
    * Happy Birthday Bro! The Irish 6-Time Middle Weight Champion deserves a Big Fat Steak & Potato with a bit of Guinness as a Chaser this weekend on me son!

I DISAGREE NY IS THE BEST CITY !!! HANDS DOWN!! HAHA
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guns View Post
    Shawn what are your feelings on the amounts of drugs being used today as opposed to when arnold was around and what is your opinion on substances like synthol?
    THEY USED ESKILENE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT BACK THEN , NOW THEY USE SYNTHOL !
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by DerekAnthony View Post
    THEY USED ESKILENE HOW EVER YOU SPELL IT BACK THEN , NOW THEY USE SYNTHOL !
    yo do not tell me Arnold used that shit?

Maybe I didn't negotiate my deal properly?
    A-Rod's Agent Asked for $350 Million

By RONALD BLUM,
    AP
    Posted: 2007-11-03 10:12:17
    Filed Under: MLB
    NEW YORK (Nov. 2) - The Yankees were told by agent Scott Boras that they could not meet with Alex Rodriguez unless they presented an extension offer that guaranteed the star $350 million "as a floor."

Is anybody worth this much in Sports today?

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    * Why did ESPN stop covering NPC Nationals?
    They made mention something about Drugs and Testing, next thing you knew we were off the air.
    S. Ray
    Funny...
    All we heard about baseball for years was steroid talk... still, we were all able to watch the world series though!!! Guess it just made more FINANCIAL sense!!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

* I DISAGREE NY IS THE BEST CITY
    Derek, I like New York but for the Olympia Vegas HANDS DOWN!
    You betta ask somebody!
    * Shawn what are your feelings on the amounts of drugs being used today as opposed to when arnold was around and what is your opinion on substances like synthol?
    Dude, it's Chemical Warfare, part of why I got out. I didn't want to go down that path but of course trying to keep up without going there is sometime a futile cause. That said, people use what they want for whatever reasons they want, I dont stand in judgement of that. Synthol is ridiculous as the guys who use it are testimony to that fact. Stevie Wonder could see it does not benefit the user and most of them regret it and have to Live/Deal with how to get it out once they've put it in and it only hurt the appearance of their physique the opposite of what it was supposed to do.
    * All we heard about baseball for years was steroid talk
    Well, this kind of Chedda sounds even more ridiculous with regard to Baseball and Steroids. Nobodyis worth that amount money, if they were I'd be pleading my case as to why I am or should be. Take a number stand in line, right behind A Rod.
    Lol
    Peace,
    S

Barbarian

Default Thanks?

Thank You for answering my question regarding the 1993 Mr.O? Just goes to show some peoples hearts never change. You definately were the best body builder of all time, Professional, disciplined, a warrior to the end, but your still selfish. Peace out.

Spotter

Yeah. A Rod was out of his mind asking for that much money. Only guys who help teams win championships should get that and even then its a lot of money.

My question was regarding your statement about the amount of drugs being used in the sport and comparing it to chemical warfare. Would you still recommend the sport to athletes who have a passion for it? I have to admit that it gets tough when you have everyone telling you not to do it (family, friends, etc) but when they find out its a passion they usually get behind the cause.

Any Advice

Be Well,

Jay

* Would you still recommend the sport to athletes who have a passion for it?
    Of course because we still have Free Will. So people who can manage Self control as I have and others in the sport have regarding their personal health excel inspite of the temptations to self destruct with drug abuse not use.
    * Thank You for answering my question regarding the 1993 Mr.O?
    Bosko, younever posted a Question in this thread regarding the 93 Olympia.
    As for being Selfish, I sont know you nor do I owe you anything so you wouldn't know if I were Selfish or not but your entitle to your opinon as we all are. Do me a favor, in this industry if you do your Homework, you'll find out that EVERYONE is out for themselves which is why they got into this business. From Training, Eating, Dieting, Competing, Prize Money, Personal Training....It's all done for self gratification. Sadly, you dont know what theses Athletes, including me do with their success in ways of Paying it Forward nor do I have the time to share it with you but trust me when I say, I have Given more back than I have Taken from this sport to family, friends, training partners and then some.
    Try not be so judgemental without facts next time, have a great weekend!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Barbarian

Default Your Right.

OK, thank You.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

HEY SHAWN its GREAT that MD sighned you you are so honest and GREAT TO THE FANS every time i see you at the ny pro or arnold you treat me LIKE GOLD I RESPECT THAT SO MUCH IT KEEPS ME COMING BACK TO THE SPORT I LOVE SO MUCH I thought this years olympia was BULLSHIT victor was the best CLEARLY what is your opinion

* I thought this years olympia was BULLSHIT victor was the best CLEARLY what is your opinion
    I wouldn't call it Bullshit but I had Victory winning.
    It's good to be here with the MOB, it feels like one big happy extended family. I know what they say about family, they let you, you can never get out and that's fine by me!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Page 6 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast