Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Great to have you here Shawn. Another legend on the boards.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey SHAWN mike matarazzo had another heart attack keep him in your prayers

* Hey SHAWN mike matarazzo had another heart attack keep him in your prayers
    I heard, he has been in our prayers since the first one. He's strong and I'm sure he will continue the fight!
    Thx,
    S. Ray

shawn

You should have sometimes problems with your lower back?

SHAWN, WHATS JOHN BROWN BEEN UP TOO???... I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN YEARS, HE DID A MOVIE YEARS GO WITH MY HOMETOWN / HIGHSCHOOL GOOD FRIEND FELLOW NUT BODYBUILDER RICHIE BROSE...

I KNOW YOU LOVE MY ALL CAPS AND MY COLUMN......ITS GRITTY.wink wink
    “Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! ”..Gregg Valentino

MY NEW'TRAINING BOOK'
    CLICK ON THIS >http://greggvalentino.net/?p=8

MY "NEW
    "FACEBOOK > http://www.facebook.com/pages/GREGG-VALENTINO-Friends-Supporters/334960258389?ref=mf

CLICK HERE FOR THE BOOK

Death, Drugs, & Muscle: The Gregg Valentino Story

MY TWITTER > http://twitter.com/#!/GREGG_VALENTINO

www.GreggValentino.net

http://www.myspace.com/greggvalentino

I must confess that I've never trusted the Web. I've always seen it as a coward's tool. Where does it live? How do you hold it personally responsible? Can you put a distributed network of fiber-optic cable "on notice"? And is it male or female? In other words, can I challenge it to a fight?......Stephen Colbert

* You should have sometimes problems with your lower back?
    I should? Will it make me Taller?
    No, I have no problems whatso ever, thanks.

* SHAWN, WHATS JOHN BROWN BEEN UP TOO???...
    Funny you should ask, he is doing good lives about 20 minutes from me. He has 3 Boys, married to a German Female, Miriam for 10 yrs.
    He still designs women's fashion, nothing to do with BBing, avid Golfer and good too!
    I remember Richie Browse, that was Malibu Express, B movie but a Movie nonetheless!
    As for the All Caps............Let's just say, I skim the column but can't read the damn thing because it reads like you're SHOUTING!
    Peace bro.
    S. Ray

QUESTION

what was the reason why you couldnt hold up a relationship as a pro bodybuilder.. & if you had the chance to go back in time. what would you have done differently? what advise would you give to upcoming pro's regarding making relationship last as a ifbb pro.

held the charles glass with training what was your off season weight

* what was the reason why you couldnt hold up a relationship as a pro bodybuilder
    I'm assuming you mean maintain a steady "Girlfriend"
    The reason was, I was in love withmy job as a Pro Bodybuilder which took precidence over any girl I was dating or in love with. I didn't want to have to choose between one or the other. I knew there would be time for Love and Commitment when my Job as a competitor was over. Relationships require Time, Energy, Commitment, Consideration, Effort, Money, Etc. All of which I could only apply at the time to my efforts in being the Best BBer I could be. Emotionally, I didn't want to have to choose, I knew what I wanted to do and how I needed to do it and for me it worked. It might not have been the same approach as Labrada or Haney but then again, we are all different in the way we approached the weights, competition and relationships, and all equally successful in our own right.
    * if you had the chance to go back in time. what would you have done differently?
    I am happy with the choices I made and my plate runs over with satisfaction in how I handled my business.
    * what advise would you give to upcoming pro's regarding making relationship last as a ifbb pro.
    Do what I did, remain Solo for your career and be in love with it. It will be smooth sailing but there will also be some lonely times. Any other way, I'm not qualified to offer a valid opinion since for me, my way worked for me. I may have been alone at times in training but I was never alone in my pursuit of physical perfection, as I never lost sight of my ultimate goal of becoming and remaining one of the best in the world!
    * held the charles glass with training what was your off season weight
    Huh? I'm guessing English is your second language but I think you're asking my Offseason Weight: 235lbs

Peace,
    S. Ray

shawn do you remember bertil fox?
    i think you was both very similar in some ways

apart from the way his career ended

i think dave germany means - DID U EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR LOWER BACK?

i think thats what he meant

thanks for answering my question regarding relationship.
    i have your final countdown & thats where i heard you mention being on your own & being able to focus on the 1999 olympia.

Shawn,

What is your opinion on the keto diet?

Shawn:

Over the years did you notice a change in the off seasons weight of the bb'ers you saw from the 80s to 2000s (today) when you competed. You saw people like Haney to Coleman so thats why I was wondering if you could shed some light on the topic we are having on the No Bull board.

Spotter

I'm curious as to what you think about Victor Martinez announcing that he'll do the Arnold Classic in 2008. On the one hand, it seems like it would make sense to go into the Arnold Classic and win the purse and prestige that comes with the title. On the other hand, after coming in 2nd place in the Olympia, what do you think is the reasoning behind doing the Arnold again this year and having to peak 2x in one year. Is it really tough to do that?

I'm sure he can do it but what do you think about his choice at this point

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Shawn is your column going to be in the next MD thats out in about in one week what will the format be also what does BOB CHICK think of you going to MD are you guys still freinds I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by DrWheyisolate View Post
    i think dave germany means - DID U EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR LOWER BACK?

i think thats what he meant
    yes i think

Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast