Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Spotter

Hay Shawn,how did you feel about Lee Labradas physique back when you guys went toe to toe ?

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Shawn what are your preditions for the NATIONALS will Evan win the whole thing I THINK HE WILL

* What is your opinion on the keto diet?
    I have never heard of it?
    * shawn do you remember bertil fox?
    i think you was both very similar in some ways

Bertil was a friend of mine, I did his Gym Opening back in St. Kitts about 8 months before he tragically killed his former girlfriend and her mother by Gun Shot before turning himself in.
    That said, we dont have a lot of similarities is physique structure that I can tell.
    * Over the years did you notice a change in the off seasons weight of the bb'ers you saw from the 80s to 2000s (today) when you competed
    Yes, in my day, the guys never bulked up to 300lbs and most of the top guys were busy Guest Posing, which didn't allow the time to balloon up that high. The ones that did (Priest) rarely were seen Guest Posing much, which costs them thousands of dollars in the long run.
    * I'm curious as to what you think about Victor Martinez announcing that he'll do the Arnold Classic in 2008. On the one hand, it seems like it would make sense to go into the Arnold Classic and win the purse and prestige that comes with the title. On the other hand, after coming in 2nd place in the Olympia, what do you think is the reasoning behind doing the Arnold again this year and having to peak 2x in one year. Is it really tough to do that?
    I haven't spoken to Victor regarding his decision but it is his. That said, I personally believe he is in a very good position to win the show again, I do believe it will have long term affects on his preparation for next years Olympia with Wolf breathing down his neck. I personally would not be doing the Arnold if I were him and capitolize on Guest Posing Gigs as much as I could, saving my body for the Olympia run.
    * Hey Shawn is your column going to be in the next MD thats out in about in one week what will the format be also what does BOB CHICK think of you going to MD are you guys still freinds
    Yes, I have submitted my 1st column this month already so I believe it will be out in the issue after next. Bob is happy for me doing the business of promoting the sport which we have both comitted ourselves to for the long term. We are friends, always have been, this is Business.
    *Hay Shawn,how did you feel about Lee Labradas physique back when you guys went toe to toe ?
    I thought Lee had a very pleaqsing physique, a bit slight in thickness but clean. I finally beat him in 1993 but I believed I had him in the 90 Olympia and the 92 Olympia before I put him in my rear view for good in 93'.
    * Shawn what are your preditions for the NATIONALS will Evan win the whole thing
    Not sure, I head out to Dallas this Friday am. Anything can happen and anyone can show up ON! Evan certainly has the inside track as for as, "One to Watch!"
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Spotter

Shawn,can you give us some pointers and insight into presentation for shows.Can you give us a step by step breakdown of what you did.

Shawn,

The keto diet is the moderate protein, low to no carb, high fat diet. With your experience, what do you think of diets like that?

Shawn why did you get rid of your Lamborghini? Out of all the pros i think you have had the best collection of cars. I know you have a few nice rides now too but why did you get rid of that one?

Dear Shawn:
    Iīve been lifting for the last 11 years, and competing for the last 8.
    Iīm 27 right now. I have been using gear under 1,000 mg weekly for the last 4 years...but this year, I started using a bit more. About 1500 mg weekly. After contest time, i know i have to give it a rest, but i donīt want to lose my gains. What should I do? Keep juicing? Lower the dosages? or wait until the next contest prep? I donīt want to become unsensible to the gear.
    I want to keep competing and do the north american championships next year. Thanks for your help.

hey shawn I really like your interviews for MD, but I dont like your smile at the end.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Shawn great interveiw with Lee Haney he is a CLASS ACT as are you you two guys are true legends of the sport i stiil cant beleive how fast the time has gone by KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK Dan

* Shawn why did you get rid of your Lamborghini?
    I bought the car in 2000 and met my future wife in 2001.
    I had to get rid of it or I'd lose her for sure! I was trying to do the right thing because I dont have to tell you, the car is a "Chick Magnet" which would have spelled trouble no doubt!

*Shawn great interveiw with Lee Haney he is a CLASS ACT as are you you two guys are true legends of the sport i stiil cant beleive how fast the time has gone by KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK Dan
    Thank you, yes the time goes by pretty fast when you look back at it. Lee is the consumate professional and an example for all future National Champions, he really impacted me as a person and professional.

* hey shawn I really like your interviews for MD, but I dont like your smile at the end.
    Thanks! I dont like my smile either but its not for you, so dont take it personally. Focus on the Content of the interviews and you'll be just fine.

* What should I do? Keep juicing? Lower the dosages?
    Are you serious? Do I look like Dr. Phil? Make up your mind or simply say no to Drugs, I certainly dont encourage the use of drugs for others but regardless of what I say, you're gonna do, what you're gonna do. My advice in this area wont make a difference whether you win a City Title or National Championship. I recommend you Train Harder, Diet Harder and Focus on the mechanics of Bodybuilding. Anyone knucklehead with a few bucks can "UP the DOSE" and then what......Wake up with more Muscles and Detail? I think not.

* Shawn,can you give us some pointers and insight into presentation for shows.
    Probably one of the most important aspects of your entire journey to the stage. It is the last impression the fans and jugdes have of your physique. It is also the final aspect of your preparation the world will talk about when the show is over.
    Practice, practice, practice!
    Find the music that reflects your style of posing and make sure it is not simply background noise.

* The keto diet is the moderate protein, low to no carb, high fat diet. With your experience, what do you think of diets like that?
    I never utitized "High Fat" diet. I simply reduced Carbs, never went Zero Carbs- Upped the Protein and increased my cardio. "The Shawn Ray Way"
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Thumbs up

HEY SHAWN,

I HAVE TO ADMIT EVER SINCE YOU HAVE COME ON HERE. I TRULY ENJOY HOW YOU TALK ABOUT THE SPORT AND HOW INFORMATIVE YOU ARE. AND ALSO HOW YOU HOLD YOURSELF AS A PERSON , A GREAT SPEAKER......WITH A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE.

I WASNT A FAN OF YOU ,WHEN YOU COMPETED BUT I WISH I WAS , YOUR A BIG ASSET TO THE SPORT...GLAD YOUR ABOARD MD. THANKS DUDE

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

TRULY

DEREK ANTHONY
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

Training, dieting and drugs are all necesary to compete in a higher level. Telling me about training harder and dieting better isnīt giving me any lesson, as you think.
    Earlier, you had all my respect as the icon you are...Iīll try to keep you as that.
    I wonder if Mr. Ray had this kind of questions in his early years
    Last edited by Symmetrical_Metal; November 20th, 2007 at 01:45 AM.

Shawn, do you think a judges registry that tracked how individual judges scored ae all the shows they judge would help bring more accountability and transparency to the sport?
    I min/max my physique

will next year and fibo essen 2008 ?

best show in the europe

* I wonder if Mr. Ray had this kind of questions in his early years
    Yes, I too had similar questions but through my personal "Trial & Error" I found what i needed to do and how on my own. I never had a "Guru" or a "Trainer" telling me what to do and how to do it! Certainly I knew the difference between what might work for someone and not for someone else. Why would I listen to what a Pro BBer's Drug Cycle is like as if it would apply to me? More than likely we train differently, have size differences and genetic differences too! One mans Fruit is another mans Poison, ever heard of that?
    I'm not a clinical Dr. nor have I pretended to be one. Drugs are one "SMALL" aspect of contest preparation for those who engage in them. You sound as if that is what your intrested in so I recommend you talk to a Doctor and seek the medical ramifications of Upping your Dose or backing off.
    Most guys who use, do so sparingly if they have half a brain and also consult with a physician at the same time, not a fellow Pro simply because he looks good.

* will next year and fibo essen 2008 ?
    Possibly, been there 17 years, last year was the first one I missed. Wont know until March after the Arnold Classic.

* Shawn, do you think a judges registry that tracked how individual judges scored ae all the shows they judge would help bring more accountability and transparency to the sport?
    I'd like to think that on occasion the Judges get it right more often than not however, being human, they are bound to screw things up from time to time. Having an Independent Registry looking over the Judges shoulders would not insure mistakes dont happen from time to time.

* I WASNT A FAN OF YOU ,WHEN YOU COMPETED BUT I WISH I WAS , YOUR A BIG ASSET TO THE SPORT...GLAD YOUR ABOARD MD. THANKS DUDE
    Thanks! I never became a BBer to please the Fans or win people over to be my friend however, I kept things real as they relate to me and let my Body do the talking when it counted. It is only now in Retirement, I believe the people who disliked me are beginning to appreciate some of the points of view I stand for as well as miss what I brought to the stage! It actually feels good knowin I am still making an impact 6 yrs removed from the stage on how people view me and my accomplishments! I haven't changed, so it is a testimate to people maturing and seeing others for who they are and accepting them for what they believe and stand for.
    It's all good!
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Can you give any advice for a smaller guy in the final pose down in the amateur ranks...is there any thing that you focused on that can help a smaller guy take the big guy down...thanks!

Page 9 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast