Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 141 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Default Official Home of IFBB Pro Shawn Ray

Post all your questions for SHAWN RAY here...........

Welcome to The Muscle Mob!!

Shawn Ray!

in regards to wat Kamali has said: wats this Sasha business? and the spraying ur head with black stuff at the arnold classic or Olympia?

also is there a chance u and Kamali will patch up ur differences, i think u should cos u both are good bodybuilding personalities?

Let me start by saying, Thanks for having me!
    I will be posting on the boards periodically, trying to answer everyones questions direct but brief.
    I look forward to being an Asset, so please try to utilize my time here to help benefit, clarify, end rumors and make utitilty of my professional opinions.
    Thanks Steve for making this happen, I believe everything happens for a reason but ALL STAR TEAMS are built from the ground up and I welcome the opportunity to work with the gang at MD!

Well, as I stated previously, I know Trannies, Gays, Jews, Italians, Parapalegics and a slew of other types of people. Some say they have issues but who doesn't. I dont listen to what others say about people who are different, I love everybody and do not judge anyone.
    I have a lovely wife, a baby girl and another on the way, you dont really think I care what people say about me or who they say I've been with do you?
    Trust me when I say, as a Single Guy living the life, the Honey's where plentyful and I endulged and loved everyone of them!
    Kamali Saga, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It never materialized into what he dreampt it would be in Reality. He did 2 Mr. Olympia Contests in his 6 year Pro Career. I did 13 in my 14 years the rest is in the History Books and Hall of Fame. I dont really need to dignify him with anymore of a response do I?
    I wish him well now that he's joined the ranks of Fatherhood, hopefully it will make a Man out of him and realise maybe he bit off more than he could chew when he called me out.
    I dont Hate the guy but...............You understand right.
    I didn't "SPRAY" my head but it sounds funny as cool, and........?

Amateur Threat

Another blessing on the way?! Congratulations, Shawn!!

Congrats on the new baby

Thank you, and the Hit's just keep comin'!

VYO Tech Nutritionals present Shawn Ray's NY PRO 202lbs and Under
    NY PRO May 10th, 2007 in New York, New York.

Contest Promoter, Steve Weinberger and I have Teamed up with VYO Tech Nutritionals to present for the 1st time ever in New York the 202lbs & Under Category.

There will be no Overall Posedown or anything but the show will play Host to a slew of Professional Bodybuilders 202lbs & Under with hopefully a "Mr. Olympia Qualification" for the winner, which is still being discussed since the Open NY PRO at present Qualifies the Top 5 Finalists.

There will be 2- Best Presentation Awards ( 1 for each class) being handed out on behalf of Muscular Development Magazine in the amount of $2,500.00
    Prize Money
    1st Place: $5,000
    2nd Place: $3,500
    3rd Place: $2,000
    4th Place: $1,500
    5th Place: $1,000

Details will be discussed next week on NO BULL Radio with Dave & John.

Peace,
    S. Ray

How do you think you would have gone against Dexter at his best with you at your best? I see Dex as a modern Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Let me start by saying, Thanks for having me!
    I will be posting on the boards periodically, trying to answer everyones questions direct but brief.
    I look forward to being an Asset, so please try to utilize my time here to help benefit, clarify, end rumors and make utitilty of my professional opinions.
    Thanks Steve for making this happen, I believe everything happens for a reason but ALL STAR TEAMS are built from the ground up and I welcome the opportunity to work with the gang at MD!

Well, as I stated previously, I know Trannies, Gays, Jews, Italians, Parapalegics and a slew of other types of people. Some say they have issues but who doesn't. I dont listen to what others say about people who are different, I love everybody and do not judge anyone.
    I have a lovely wife, a baby girl and another on the way, you dont really think I care what people say about me or who they say I've been with do you?
    Trust me when I say, as a Single Guy living the life, the Honey's where plentyful and I endulged and loved everyone of them!
    Kamali Saga, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It never materialized into what he dreampt it would be in Reality. He did 2 Mr. Olympia Contests in his 6 year Pro Career. I did 13 in my 14 years the rest is in the History Books and Hall of Fame. I dont really need to dignify him with anymore of a response do I?
    I wish him well now that he's joined the ranks of Fatherhood, hopefully it will make a Man out of him and realise maybe he bit off more than he could chew when he called me out.
    I dont Hate the guy but...............You understand right.
    I didn't "SPRAY" my head but it sounds funny as cool, and........?
    for sure! the drama is always funny though cos u and him are funny.

all the best, ur pics in FLEX magazine in the 90's and early 2000 era made heaps of people start lifting weights!

when did u start wearing ur bandana when u train? did it pump u up for ur workouts? or was it more of a good luck thing?

and ur opinion on mike mentzer h.i.t and dorian h.i.t (dorians has less rest days and more volume)?

Shawn does a great job answering ALL questions...........

Its pretty damn cool that MD has signed on a legend in the bodybuilding industry...Shawn Ray!!

Well, Dexter and I did go Head to Head in my Last Olympia 2001, not sure if he was there in 2000 but he got BEAT!
    We have different physiques but he fills in nicely where I left off.
    I feel I had better Balance overall, no major weaknesses, sure I could have been taller or bigger but DEX and I are similiar in what we had to work with. My Calves, Torso, Quads, Posing and Symmetry were better in my book. I began wearing my Banadana's in like 91'. I simply liked them thats all nothing more specific than that.
    I never followed or read Mike Mentzer or Dorian Yates Training Styles. I had my own and it worked for me, which basically was a combination of trying a bit of everything and constantly changing and evolving so I'd stay interested in my training and not become Bored with it or hindered by it.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Well, Dexter and I did go Head to Head in my Last Olympia 2001, not sure if he was there in 2000 but he got BEAT!
    We have different physiques but he fills in nicely where I left off.
    I feel I had better Balance overall, no major weaknesses, sure I could have been taller or bigger but DEX and I are similiar in what we had to work with. My Calves, Torso, Quads, Posing and Symmetry were better in my book. I began wearing my Banadana's in like 91'. I simply liked them thats all nothing more specific than that.
    I never followed or read Mike Mentzer or Dorian Yates Training Styles. I had my own and it worked for me, which basically was a combination of trying a bit of everything and constantly changing and evolving so I'd stay interested in my training and not become Bored with it or hindered by it.
    Peace,
    S. Ray
    What was you training philosophy? reps/sets wise? thanks!

Welcome to MD Shawn!

Looking forward to reading your views and opinons
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

I think shawn was better than Dexter.
    Shawn, if you could change any three things in bodybulding, anything (Except your placings) what would they be? And of course why would you want to see those changes happen?
    I min/max my physique

1) More Prize Money at All the shows
    2) Better Comparisions of the Top 10 Guys in the Olympia
    3) More 202lbs & Under Contests.

In my humble Opinion.
    Peace,
    S. Ray

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Great to have you aboard Shawn! Your one of the big influences I had when I first started training... Thanks.

I know you had some crazy workouts back in the day. What were some of the average weights you used on things like squats and deads and benches when you were coming up and really trying to put the size on? I know it dosen't matter in the long run, but just curious what kinds of weight you were tossin' around.

Thanks and look forward to reading more.
    Joe
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Page 1 of 141 123456789101151101 ... LastLast