Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next MD Cover: The Return of Kevin Levrone

Default Next MD Cover: The Return of Kevin Levrone

Kevin Levrone has an extraordinary vision that is sure to stir things up at this year’s Olympia. Kevin is staging the most exciting comeback in the 51-year history of the event, with the return of the IFBB Hall of Fame legend, who will compete at this year’s Olympia on September 17th, when Kevin will be 51. The revelation is hardly a surprise coming from four-time Mr. Olympia runner-up Kevin Levrone, who is no ordinary bodybuilder. Kevin says “It’s an honor to be on the cover of Muscular Development and represent the past as well as inspire the present.”

Kevin’s timing is excellent, and his appearance at this year’s Mr. Olympia will complement the positive changes that the industry has taken to reshape bodybuilding. Just as more streamlined physiques are being increasingly rewarded over raw mass, and bodybuilders have been told by Arnold to suck in their guts and brush up on their posing, along comes Kevin Levrone— who masterfully combines billowing muscularity and aesthetics, flowing, powerful lines and commanding presentation— bringing together the elements of a classic physique.

Kevin has his sights set on bringing home the Sandow. As he tells MD this month, “My mind is already at the finish line waiting for my body to catch up.” Perhaps most importantly, he has a positive mental attitude, declaring, “No matter what people say and what you might be up against, you can still overcome all obstacles if you believe.”

With his positive mindset about winning and all that he brings to the stage, if anyone can do it, Kevin Levrone can. In Kevin’s exclusive interview with MD, “Flexing Like It’s 1999.” He reveals to Peter McGough his reasons for returning, his thoughts on current competitors and how he aims to win the 2016 Sandow.

Some veteran fans and athletes feel that the “glory days” of bodybuilding were anywhere from the 1960s to the early 2000s. But you could also argue that bodybuilding has improved and evolved to keep up with newer demands, with the introduction of the 212 division for the lighter men and the Classic Physique division to showcase superior aesthetics over raw mass. In “Making Bodybuilding Great Again! Industry legends and experts weigh in on how we can continue to regain the “magic” and enthusiasm.

Muscular Development covers the bodybuilding industry better than anyone else on the planet, because we educate readers on how to build muscle, burn fat and enhance performance through all means possible. Chemical enhancement is no chump-change player in your bodybuilding goals. This month we have a feature article entitled: “The Real Dope: 37 Scientific Facts on Chemical Enhancement That You Need to Know.” We give you the cold, hard truth— cutting-edge research and authoritative information about supplementation that’s scientifically sound. Knowledge is power, and armed with the truth, our readers can decide how far they want to take their bodybuilding endeavors. “The Real Dope” is essential information on chemical enhancement that every bodybuilder should know.

“Gimmick” training systems are a dime a dozen, and most of them are nothing more than a few random techniques from other systems mashed together and branded a catchy name. A few training systems, such as John Meadows’ Mountain Dog Training, have built a large following and have earned reputations as being highly effective. In “Get Massive With Mountain Dog Training! John Meadows’ Revolutionary System for Building Muscle.” Meadows explains why his training works so well and why thousands of bodybuilders swear by it.

Muscular Development is your number-one source for building muscle, and for the latest research and best science to enable you to train smart and effectively. Our team of physicians, industry experts and research scientists has these reports on improving performance this month:

Fat Attack - “Low-Carb Dinner Best Prep for Early Morning Workouts”

Nutrition Performance - “Boost Muscle Size and Prevent Loss of Hard-earned Muscle Mass With Capsaicin”

Supplement Performance - “Supplementation With Ketones”

Muscle Growth Update - “This Is Your Brain On Juice!”

The M.A.X. Muscle Plan - “Are Drop Sets a Beneficial Technique for Enhancing Muscle Growth?”

Testosterone - “Testosterone Responses In Aging Muscle”

Bodybuilding Science - “Modified Kaatsu Training for Enhanced Size and Strength”

The rest of the book is packed to the binder as usual— making MD your one-stop, most authoritative source for optimizing muscular development with the latest cutting-edge research on training, nutrition, fat loss, performance-enhancing drugs, muscle growth and bodybuilding science— and exclusive information from the industry experts, insiders and bodybuilding legends who make it all happen. See you next month!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

Awesome!!!! Best cover in years

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    it is the best cover of the year along with Dana Linn's holding the rope..
    followed by Cedric and Ashley K
    Best cover we've seen

Better side chest than most current pro's who compete...a legendary freak (Levrone) or simply the current state of bodybuilding.
    "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Iron Addict

Would have preferred the classic Levrone side chest but we got Kevin, that's all that matters! Respect. Maybe hire the Universal Ad photog to take future shots and give direction.

Behemoth

Fantastic, best MD cover in a long time Blechman.

Equally excited if not more so to see Kevin Levrone on possibly another MD cover again after he competes in this years 2016 Olympia with the look he will present, hopefully with the Sandow in hand!

Just my thoughts and feeling regarding this cover.....not a knock or taking anything away from todays bodybuilders and competitors......but seeing Kevin Levrone on a current magazine cover brings back memories of what was great and exciting about following body building. Incredible physiques on great structures, tight and detailed muscle that is hard, thick and dense (not like some of todays how should I say, oily/faker look that some have which looks very generic) The feeling I refer to about this cover is that back in the day we not only had these great physiques but body building had so many characters to follow. When you saw a cover or issue that featured your faves you couldn't wait to buy and read it. I would stare at the pictures and read it over and over again. (Noteoes the last sentence remind you of how many body builders say they got into body building. See Reg Park, Steve Reeves etc....putting pictures on their walls) Seeing this cover is motivating like back in the day when I started. I'd see the new edition of a magazine with Haney, Ray, Wheeler, Labrada, Gaspari, etc (Hey guys/girls who's your fave past/present)and I couldn't wait to tear into it and then hit the gym. I feel that still seeing this cover. Even still today when I hear Ozzy -Crazy Train on the radio I want to, and sometimes still do, turn the car and head to the gym. (Hey guys/girls what song makes you feel that) So I guess this cover just seems to be a more exciting time to be a fan and body builder. The era, the quality of physiques, the characters etc. I also guess this is why I still have the magazines from the 80's and 90's. (which I still bring out to look at and read. Hoping to find some more. Even grabbed a batch from the 60's and 70's and those are pretty interesting reads - very, very male chauvinistic)

Anyway I'm sure there are many from my era that feel this passion seeing this cover. We cant go back but its damn good to see and feel this like the old days. I hope this and the next generation get to have and create these same type of memories for themselves somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo Marinčić View Post
    Awesome!!!! Best cover in years
    This

Nice cover.

1996 Arnold Classic I'm guessing?
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Glad everyone likes the cover. Yes Giles, the cover is from the 1996 Arnold Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blechman View Post
    Glad everyone likes the cover. Yes Giles, the cover is from the 1996 Arnold Classic!
    I'm going to do a little dance now, okay Steve?

Hope all is well. Wishing you the best Giles!

Hope all is well? Wishing you the best Giles!

Life is awesome thanks Steve, I hope you and Elyse are great?

Can't wait for you to see my good lady Rosie Rascal Harte (WPD Dallas pro winner) at the Olympia mate. You got to see her posing routine.

Great great cover...will there be any interweaves with levrone here at m.d again before the o???
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

even in the cover, we've still yet to see full legs! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack16 View Post
    even in the cover, we've still yet to see full legs! lol
    The shot used is from 1996 mate.

His legs were awesome that year.

Thanks for all the support guys and thanks to Steve for the cover! Big things coming in 8 weeks baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast