Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Sparked Kai's Fury? The Predator Gets Emotional As He Reveals His Reasons

Default What Sparked Kai's Fury? The Predator Gets Emotional As He Reveals His Reasons

alot of drama from Kai

just prepare to the show and compete

Quote Originally Posted by l3ig View Post
    alot of drama from Kai

for what? fair judgement from Weinberger? not even once
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

Banned

Drama is what makes us alive. Without drama we don't exist

Banned

Grapefruits are very acidic. An open sore can make it very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by l3ig View Post
    alot of drama from Kai

Yup x 2.

This is old news, we cared last year when he also did NOT compete, this year it's just tiresome.

Yeah, we get it, you don't think you can beat Heath, no matter what. But why not try anyway?

The bottom line is- Kai has never, ever brought his 100% best look to the Olympia.

It was the same with Flex Wheeler in the 90's. Flex (especially in 1993, 1997, 1998 and 2000), like Kai- would look INSANELY good at the Arnold, then come the Olympia we'd see an at best 85% version of Flex. Why? Who knows. But at least Flex kept coming back and putting himself up there, at least he went for it.

Kai? I just can't take all this mystique and drama, drives me bloody potty and it's stuff like this coming from our very best athletes today that I think surrounds the huge excitement we are currently experiencing from Levrone (a super-pro from the 90's) making his comeback.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

The fans suffer. We all want to see the best of the best at the Olympia.

Kai is missing the opportunity to make history. I don't buy that there are politics involved, he beat Phil Heath at the Arnold with the same judges, that is a BS excuse.

From a business and money side he doesn't "need" to compete at the Olympia but deep down inside, every athlete wants to be the best and you can't win it if you are not in it.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post

Kai is missing the opportunity to make history. I don't buy that there are politics involved, he beat Phil Heath at the Arnold with the same judges, that is a BS excuse.

From a business and money side he doesn't "need" to compete at the Olympia but deep down inside, every athlete wants to be the best and you can't win it if you are not in it.
    I get what you're saying here, but it's not like he's never stepped foot up on the Olympia stage. I could see how it would matter if he never did. Yes it's the biggest/most prestigious of them all, but maybe he's at the point to where it no longer matters TO HIM. You say he's missing the opportunity to make history. Placing 2nd a couple times in the O isn't history? Sounds like he's made a personal choice that it's good enough for him. Also not arguing whether his excuse is valid or not, but it's his excuse, career and life.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post

Exactly!

Big baby. Boo hoo. Get a grip Kai, as an IFBB athlete who has been afforded the opportunity to make an amazing living he is just sticking the middle finger up to those that he really owes this life too.

It's very unsportsmanlike of him and basically, with his actions here, he is absolutely inferring also that Heath doesn't DESERVE to be Mr Olympia.

Very disrespectful to all his fans too.

I remember last year I knew this lovely couple from here in UK who were big Kai fans, they forked out a lot of money to go over and see and support their favourite pro in Vegas- then he didn't compete. They were GUTTED!
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Iron Addict

Kai bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post

It's very unsportsmanlike of him
    No it's not, not even close. Ridiculous statement. It's one thing to think that he should compete in the Mr O, but to call it unsportsmanlike or somehow get upset about the fact that Kai chooses not to is just silly. Get down from your high horse, mate.

Kai is a drama king
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

I used to be a big Kai fan, not any more. Even if it is true that the show is skewed in Phil's favor and Kai thinks he'll never get the win, he should still man up and do it, instead he has given up and is throwing a public tantrum. He talks all this motivation BS "thoughts become reality" and he backs up none of it.

He will be increasingly irrelevant if he continues to only compete in the Arnold's, when it comes down to it the Olympia is where its at, everything else is a sideshow. The competition at the Arnold Ohio the last few years hasn't been great and is nothing on the Olympia. Has Kai also considered where he'd be at if he was to lose the Arnold Ohio? IMO hes not as good as was a few years ago, say 2013 Prague pro or 2013 Arnold Europe (where he imo legit beat heath).

Quote Originally Posted by Metaddict View Post
    No it's not, not even close. Ridiculous statement. It's one thing to think that he should compete in the Mr O, but to call it unsportsmanlike or somehow get upset about the fact that Kai chooses not to is just silly. Get down from your high horse, mate.
    100%. Do we want him to compete? Of course. Would the O be better? Yes. Would the IFBB be better? Yup. Would he beat Phil? Who knows...if he brought his best this year versus Phil last year than I think yes. Is it somehow wrong that he chooses not to compete in the O? Hell no.

Kai, if you're reading and somehow able to get into contest shape in time I say you surprise your loyal fans, go and ask for a special late pass to jump into the O (he already more than qualified). Evidently they are making all sorts of exceptions this year, like permitting a retired 51 year old pro with no wins since 2001 to compete?!...

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    I get what you're saying here, but it's not like he's never stepped foot up on the Olympia stage. I could see how it would matter if he never did. Yes it's the biggest/most prestigious of them all, but maybe he's at the point to where it no longer matters TO HIM. You say he's missing the opportunity to make history. Placing 2nd a couple times in the O isn't history? Sounds like he's made a personal choice that it's good enough for him. Also not arguing whether his excuse is valid or not, but it's his excuse, career and life.
    A competitor deep down inside wants to win the biggest prize, they relish the toughest challenge. It's a small window of opportunity to win it and it's going to close fast on him.

If that is his choice and he is at peace with it then so be it but if it was me and I was that close, I'd have to go for it or I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

The fans are more interested in Kevin at 52 years young. Dallas is also creating a buzz with massive gains and a fresh attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    The fans are more interested in Kevin at 52 years young. Dallas is also creating a buzz with massive gains and a fresh attitude!
    It's one of the most exciting Olympia's in a while. Kevin's return has made it very exciting, even if he doesn't compete for the top spot it's still cool to see one of the legends get back up there, Dallas has certainly infused lots of excitement, Dexter seems to be getting better. There is a lot to look forward to this year.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast