Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Maryland Muscle Machine - Shawn Ray Unleashed: Ep. 5

Default Return of the Maryland Muscle Machine - Shawn Ray Unleashed: Ep. 5

Much respect Shawn. Thank you for the video MD & Nate.

Behemoth

The bench press is not a big chest development exercise? I thought that was like THE mass movement.

Quote Originally Posted by letsrun4it View Post
    The bench press is not a big chest development exercise? I thought that was like THE mass movement.
    It's the exercise you go crazy on when you want to Tear your Pec:

*Notorious Pec Tears while performing Bench Press:

Kevin Levrone

Rich Gaspari

Berry DeMey

John Brown

Dennis Newman

Francis Benfatto

Toney Freeman

The list goes on.......

Enough said.

Strength & Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    It's the exercise you go crazy on when you want to Tear your Pec:

*Notorious Pec Tears while performing Bench Press:

Kevin Levrone

Rich Gaspari

Berry DeMey

John Brown

Dennis Newman

Francis Benfatto

Toney Freeman

Chris Dickerson

The list goes on.......

Enough said.

Strength & Honor!

Strength & Honor!

Very well said Shawn.

Banned

Good job Shawn well said.

It depends.. It is a good exercise for overall mass, but if you have dominant delts and triceps like Kevin have. Then it is really hard to make chest work during bench press, because delts and triceps will do most of the work. Also when you look at the mechanics of the movement(bench press with barbell) it is really not in favor of chest. It is really mostly shoulder, then triceps and then some chest and that's mainly because you can go only straight with the barbell.. Dumbbells are much better for the chest development.. You can feel right away that your shoulders and triceps work less and chest more with dumbbells..

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Much respect Shawn. Thank you for the video MD & Nate.
    Thank you for watching

@Shawn Ray:

You said Kevin blocked you on social media...what's about the story Dave Palumbo told on his Show?
    He said you sent him pics from Phil and Dexter (?) and told him something like "no chance".

Is this true or just trash talk?

"We have not seen him do squat…" 9 days out Kevin Levrone doing squat 405 lbs parallel to the ground for reps with good form… ON Instagram. Kevin is nuts to do that type of shit in the condition his currently in. That's insane, the guy is a WARRIOR.
    Even if Joe Weider sold useless supplements that gave diarrhea to generation of bodybuilders, he's still a legend and cannot be considered a scammer

Shawn, you understand why Kevin came back now. He thinks that the level he and you competed in was so much above today's level. A prime Kevin Levrone or a prime Shawn Ray or a Prime Flex Wheeler would have won 2012/2014/2015 Mr Olympia for SURE. 2013 (Maybe if we pick the best version of them to battle 2013 Phil Heath. 1995 Levrone/2000Levrone/2002 Levrone. 1998 Flex Wheeler/1999 Flex Wheeler/ 1996 Shawn Ray/1999 Shawn Ray/1994? )

It would be interesting to see how Kevin can place with only 5 months of serious training under his belt in this Olympia.

That was a beautiful interview !!
    Even if Joe Weider sold useless supplements that gave diarrhea to generation of bodybuilders, he's still a legend and cannot be considered a scammer

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    "We have not seen him do squat…" 9 days out Kevin Levrone doing squat 405 lbs parallel to the ground for reps with good form… ON Instagram. Kevin is nuts to do that type of shit in the condition his currently in. That's insane, the guy is a WARRIOR.
    It's 315 are you blind?

Quote Originally Posted by sacharidacek View Post
    It's 315 are you blind?
    or maybe I'm blind?

I think Shawn is being more than fair and objective. No matter who it is, you can't walk away from the stage for a decade and comeback 50+ on the Olympia stage. Any other show or the classic physique and I give him a top 8 chance but not this year's O.

Well said from Shawn. I would add (and will be bashed for saying that) that Kev already had a gift by not having to qualify for the O. It's great for him and for the hype but I'm sad for actual pro bodybuilders who despite concurring this year can't do it.

When I first started lifting I was all about the bench press as so many others are, but after a while of training I realized that my chest grew more and got a much better pump form doing incline bench (dumbbell or barbell) or chest fly, machine or dumbbell , bench press is overrated IMO.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast