Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WT ( Wing tsun)

this is the guy .
    hardcoreee.jpg

Kosen Judo has different "rules" to Kodokan Judo with more ground work. Maybe interessant for BJJ guys.

WT,Judo and many karate styles have their roots in the Internal styles. Aikido and Kendo are for advanced martial artists.

I liked this school of Aikido from Shimizo sensei who i met at one of his seminars. He was also a Judo master which influenced his Aikido. very Dynamic. There is another Aikido school "Tomiki" Aikido which has even incorperated "Randori" and competition in itīs teqniques.

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    how about you fuck off fool
    this is not bad idea. you can take a try. I'm black belt 1 don. but still white in fucking

I also had the pleasure of tel with Suzuki Sensei and we wrote to each other. Real letters not emails which i still have. A very kind man who answered my questions. Wado Ryu is a nice school of Japanese Karate with itīs roots in Shindo yoshin Ryu Jui Jitsu. Known as a "soft" style but "soft" is relative... very nice Tai sabaki(body movement).

I know steven seagal gets a lot of stick from people but he is the real deal in aikido. He trained and had a dojo in japan. I like his Irimi nage and kote gaeshi...

i remember as a kid i always got books out the local library about martial arts. My Family just could not pay for the training fees so i started boxing at a local youth club which was free. My Father was a boxer as a young man so maybe influence was there. I always had fast hands. Remember my brother and me used to train judo from a book using old jackets and ties as a belt. First throw was O soto Gari which every kid knows from a playground. Fond memories.

This i like too.. he wrote a good book. Has maybe wrote more i am not sure. I liked joint locks because we learned this in the British Army and finger locks..while hard to apply are effective. Also hitting nerve points with a stick or any blunt object.

my hero in Judo is Neil Adams. Perfect Ippon with his arm locks.

Great Documentary like "the way of the Warrior 1983".. old but great

A great display of Hand Hardening Techniques. I started thrusting my finger tips into sand then dried peas and eventual small pebbles.

notice at around the 3:30 mark.. Gozo Shioda Sensei the grounder of Yoshinkan

Daitio Ryu the fore runner of Aikido.. The founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba changed the teqniques over the years and called it Aiki Budo.

I enjoyed two styles or Schools of Aikido, Tendo Ryu and Iwama Ryu. I had the luck to train under a Man who was in Iwama under Morihiro Saito Sensei. I think the Aikikai in Japan have shown disrepect not to include them in their History Archives..

Aiki Budo... enjoy... Saito Sensei. I remember walking into a Dojo in Hannover(Germany) and saying to my future Sensei, i like wrist locks. I was put into a very painful lock and he just walked away saying, we must control the aggressor. At first i thought WTF..then i understood later. "Iwama Ryu" is short and direct. I also liked the other extreme in Tendo Ryu with itīs Dynamic "sabaki".. of course i took what i found good from both Schools.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast