Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prescription Thugs

Default Prescription Thugs

For those who have never seen the documentary

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v109651597sEggJTYb
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

SAMSON4X? any relation?
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

It was a great Doc. I did an interview with Chris for this magazine i write for. The guy has a great story and has done amazing work.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    It was a great Doc. I did an interview with Chris for this magazine i write for. The guy has a great story and has done amazing work.
    Big fan of his!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Big fan of his!
    Me too and his girl is fucking FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

It's a very one sided documentary. Bigger, stronger, faster had way less bias than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06 View Post
    It's a very one sided documentary. Bigger, stronger, faster had way less bias than this one.
    Was like a second part.

Bell could do more documentaries and I never get tired of looking at them. Conversations with his parents are very deep, but also shows the big face of the problem.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

He only spoke to people who have a personal grudge due to their addiction. He gave literally zero success stories for people like he did in his first documentary. What would you consider to be the big face of the problem?

He only spoke to people who have a personal grudge due to their addiction. He gave literally zero success stories for people like he did in his first documentary. What would you consider to be the big face of the problem?
    When it comes to opiates there are not a lot of success stories!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

I agree. The documentary was very biased. I'm not saying he's 100% wrong, but if you can clearly see the bias the source can't be trusted. Because regardless of detrimental practices, we're still the healthiest humans in history due to modern medicine.

When I injured my neck it was so bad I thought I was going to throw up and/pass out. I still turned down the pain medication they offered. You have to advocate for yourself. The doc was pissed and wrote in my record that I refused treatment. I ordered an appointment with his superior who agreed with me and we worked on fixing the cause, not treating the symptom.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    When it comes to opiates there are not a lot of success stories!
    My problem with this documentary is that he has an agenda to blame big pharma for all these ill fated folks who succumb to prescription addiction and overdose. The truth is, when it comes to pain management using medication, a reduction in pain of 30% is considered a clinical success. What he doesn't address is that diet and exercise with cognitive behavioral therapy is able to achieve nearly double that reduction at over 50%. The problem lies in this, if you suffer from chronic pain what's the likelihood you'll accept that treatment route over prescription analgesics? 99% of people won't. People want a med. I've had patients get a script for a $4 antibiotic and a $11 pain med, and when they can only afford one, which one do you think they unanimously purchase? Even after explaining how necessary the antibitoic is, they constantly choose to buy the pain med.

doctor shopping exists because people want pain meds. It doesn't exist because doctors and big pharma are out to get people hooked on opioids. In fact, the majority of pain management guidelines suggest short term use of all analgesics. When you have a doctor that follows these guidelines he will lose a patient and they'll find a new doc to write the script. Again, who's fault is that? You state there are few success stories with opioids, but that is outright false. You've heard the bad about the drugs, what you don't hear is the millions of people who use them with success and have realistic goals. Those people far outnumber the ones this documentary focused on. Like Chris Bell stated in his film, when he didn't have a script he'd buy the drugs online off craigslist. So now he's breaking the law, has no active script for the meds as his doctors have done their job, and he makes a documentary showing how it's all big pharma fault. He loses all credibility as a filmmaker when he exposes his agenda by sharing his own addiction to pain meds.

^^^
    This guy gets it.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

My problem with this documentary is that he has an agenda to blame big pharma for all these ill fated folks who succumb to prescription addiction and overdose. The truth is, when it comes to pain management using medication, a reduction in pain of 30% is considered a clinical success. What he doesn't address is that diet and exercise with cognitive behavioral therapy is able to achieve nearly double that reduction at over 50%. The problem lies in this, if you suffer from chronic pain what's the likelihood you'll accept that treatment route over prescription analgesics? 99% of people won't. People want a med. I've had patients get a script for a $4 antibiotic and a $11 pain med, and when they can only afford one, which one do you think they unanimously purchase? Even after explaining how necessary the antibitoic is, they constantly choose to buy the pain med.

doctor shopping exists because people want pain meds. It doesn't exist because doctors and big pharma are out to get people hooked on opioids. In fact, the majority of pain management guidelines suggest short term use of all analgesics. When you have a doctor that follows these guidelines he will lose a patient and they'll find a new doc to write the script. Again, who's fault is that? You state there are few success stories with opioids, but that is outright false. You've heard the bad about the drugs, what you don't hear is the millions of people who use them with success and have realistic goals. Those people far outnumber the ones this documentary focused on. Like Chris Bell stated in his film, when he didn't have a script he'd buy the drugs online off craigslist. So now he's breaking the law, has no active script for the meds as his doctors have done their job, and he makes a documentary showing how it's all big pharma fault. He loses all credibility as a filmmaker when he exposes his agenda by sharing his own addiction to pain meds.
    Good stuff.....
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

I do not care if Bell is biased, You have a serious national problem when consume more pharmaceutical drugs than any other country in the world.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Guys Chris and his brother Mad dog have had problems with PD and Mike passed away unfortunately and it messed Chris up really bad for awhile, I dont necessarily blame him for being a bit bias in this doc. It hits home for them a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    ^^^
    This guy gets it.
    why thank you bolsen

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Guys Chris and his brother Mad dog have had problems with PD and Mike passed away unfortunately and it messed Chris up really bad for awhile, I dont necessarily blame him for being a bit bias in this doc. It hits home for them a bit harder.
    I can understand loss to addiction and what it does to family. Seeing that segment throughout the film really made me feel great sympathy for his family, especially his dad. What I can't get behind though is the fact a grown man takes his own addiction and makes a film trying to convince viewers his addiction is no fault of his own and instead the product of a plan by big pharma and doctors to hook people like him on medications they don't need. If I remember correctly, Mad Dog even had an opportunity to succeed through rehab and instead chose to leave early. So I ask you, who's at fault? The user, or big pharma?

why thank you bolsen

I can understand loss to addiction and what it does to family. Seeing that segment throughout the film really made me feel great sympathy for his family, especially his dad. What I can't get behind though is the fact a grown man takes his own addiction and makes a film trying to convince viewers his addiction is no fault of his own and instead the product of a plan by big pharma and doctors to hook people like him on medications they don't need. If I remember correctly, Mad Dog even had an opportunity to succeed through rehab and instead chose to leave early. So I ask you, who's at fault? The user, or big pharma?
    I totally agree with you on that front and yes imo its always the fault of the person for either taking too much or not stopping or not seeking help and sticking with it, I just think the way docs throw around pills these days is irresponsible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast