Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Improve Bodybuilding - Top Luminaries Speak Out

Default How to Improve Bodybuilding - Top Luminaries Speak Out

current crop of guys take their posing seriously and not pose like it is an exhibition.

Bodybuilding has always been great, and will continue to be as long as there are those who are engaged in the pursuit of excellence in building their physiques. What needs changing are judging standards that reward less desirable qualities in physiques.

With so many shows, the pros can sit back and pick or choose when they want to compete at the last minute.
    Yeah, we need more competitive shows, as the shows after Olympia.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Great article

Jose Raymond

Obviously it’s not really feasible, but I would cut way back on the social media presence and activity of the pros. If the athletes weren’t forced to be on social media constantly by their sponsors, the fans would be more excited to go see them at contests and expos.

As far as the changes I would like to see in the sport itself, we need to have contests that are bodybuilding only.

A good example was the new man from the UK, Nathan De Asha. He was good enough to be second or third at the last New York Pro, but he didn’t get a good look from the panel.

And no one who is coaching or in any other way directly involved with a competitor should be judging that competitor at a contest.

And let’s not let the reigning champion win if he doesn’t really deserve it.
    This!!
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

1. Less Gut
    2. Not begging for applause
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Lee Haney was really annoyed by the begging for applause. He asked me, "Do you think Arnold ever had to ask the crowd for applause? Or Sergio, Robby, or Frank Zane?"
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Squat Junkie View Post
    1. Less Gut
    2. Not begging for applause
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Lee Haney was really annoyed by the begging for applause. He asked me, "Do you think Arnold ever had to ask the crowd for applause? Or Sergio, Robby, or Frank Zane?"
    Problem is too much drugs. But sadly, we can't go backward and it will only get worse.

Spotter

Watching BB shows can be a challenge when the streams are awful and the production for these events can at times seem very low caliber .......improve on these things and I will be happy .
    Not going to complain about the big guts or lack of symmetry because I think the newer generation of BB prefer the mass monsters and old guys like myself who prefer the look from the 80's and 90's will just have to accept that mass rules right now and if we don't like it then watch classic physique .

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Problem is too much drugs. But sadly, we can't go backward and it will only get worse.
    100% accurate

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    And with no Avatars your talent will be wasted!