Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should IFBB pro bodybuilders be judged in a different light if they compete with beards?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 13.79%
  • No

25 86.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beards on Stage?

Question Beards on Stage?

In a recent interview, Guy Cisternino mentions that he'd like to compete bearded at the Arnold 212, but that he will (and I paraphrase) 'do what the IFBB judges ask him to do' like he did last year and shave if he is asked to.

Should IFBB pro bodybuilders be judged in a different light if they compete with beards?

Vote.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Banned

So if a judge ask him to bend over, Guy is gonna do it?

Hipster beards are another passing trend like these tattoos and haircuts that you see everywhere. The only difference is that you can't fix bad tattoos with a blade or a pair of scissors. And let's be real, most bearded guys can't rock the tall Zeus look like Jusup Wilcosz.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Of course, he's got to do what it takes to move up the placings

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Lol, this avatar and the title.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Depends on the person. I think Jason Huh can pull it off. lol

Seth Feroce looks pretty dope with his beard these days.
    Kevin Levrone looks better than 99.99% of shit talkers.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken Josep Wilcoz was the last guy to rock a full beard. I know Flex had a scruffy look at the 95 ASC
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

omg asking the judges if they like the beard sounds incredibly gay, as if they would only prefer nicely shaved young boys, yuck (pro homo, but in this case its about the prostitution pros apparently have to succomb to)

also i think heath would have won last time if he had his beard (as he once promised i think)

I think the beard could be a bit distracting and runs the risk of taking attention away from the physique if it's too big. Having a neatly trimmed beard shouldn't pose a potential problem though.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tryder View Post
    omg asking the judges if they like the beard sounds incredibly gay, as if they would only prefer nicely shaved young boys, yuck (pro homo, but in this case its about the prostitution pros apparently have to succomb to)

also i think heath would have won last time if he had his beard (as he once promised i think)
    Why is it gay? They are judging you and if your placings could be effected, do,what they say. Is a QB gay for shoving his hands under a center? A beard can be distracting hence why nobody wears one.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Must be why Huh never placed higher than 9th.... such a fucking lion... so hardcore..

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Why is it gay? They are judging you and if your placings could be effected, do,what they say. Is a QB gay for shoving his hands under a center? A beard can be distracting hence why nobody wears one.
    its not really a part of the physique. in bb (as opposed to mpd as i see it) being handsome shouldnt be a factor, so who gives a damn about if they have a beard? also some guys dye their hair dark to make their skull look smaller and body bigger. a beard can have a similar effect. if its so long that you cant see the actual physique... well kai has that predator-tentacle and he can throw it around so that its not a distraction

I don't see an issue as long as it's not a monster beard that interferes with seeing your traps, chest, etc. That would be a pretty epic beard anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just shaved mine off last night

Quote Originally Posted by tryder View Post
    its not really a part of the physique. in bb (as opposed to mpd as i see it) being handsome shouldnt be a factor, so who gives a damn about if they have a beard? also some guys dye their hair dark to make their skull look smaller and body bigger. a beard can have a similar effect. if its so long that you cant see the actual physique... well kai has that predator-tentacle and he can throw it around so that its not a distraction
    That is Kais feeding tube. Necessary part of his anatomy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have never judges down for a beard but it does take away from the overall picture

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    I have never judges down for a beard but it does take away from the overall picture
    yeah but if its on men its okay i think BAZINGA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast