Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Vladar Company & BodyPower Announce Generation Iron 2

Default The Vladar Company & BodyPower Announce Generation Iron 2

Freak of Nature

Originally announced on November 2nd.
    http://generationiron.com/31426-2/

Should be interesting to see how this works out considering the first movie production team had open access to the top athletes and in doing so framed some of those athletes in ways that in retrospect were thought unfavorable to their brands. Fast forward to 2016 and a vein of the productions by the Vladar Company have been considered rogue in light of slanted, unbalanced coverage of controversies relative to the NPC & IFBB. Will they once again have unfettered access? Will the top stars want to do business with Vladar? Is the alliance with BodyPower a sign that the Generation Iron franchise will increasingly become a European focused entity at odds in its portrayals of the top stars in the U.S.A.?

What was unfavorable to their brands?

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    What was unfavorable to their brands?
    Portrayal of Wolf in the acting assignment. BPac & Heath the way their personalities were played up, etc.
    Kai might have been portrayed the best, which likely had everything to do with his continuing to work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Portrayal of Wolf in the acting assignment. BPac & Heath the way their personalities were played up, etc.
    Kai might have been portrayed the best, which likely had everything to do with his continuing to work with them.
    I don't think it hurt them any. I think the exposure was good for all of them, even Branch falling off the horse.

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    I don't think it hurt them any. I think the exposure was good for all of them, even Branch falling off the horse.
    One school of thought is that it doesn't matter how talent is portrayed as long as you get facetime. Not sure that's the consensus view of those involved. Plus, the synopsis relayed in total a belief that they might not get the access at the top U.S. shows they got last time due to giving other feds open access to provide one-sided attacks on the NPC/IFBB along with the possibility that this might all factor into being more coverage of the Camel Crew sorts across the pond and a furtherance of the story line GI has developed since the first production.

They have a chance to make this special dont ruin it like you did the first one. I agree with MPJ. They really made Wolf look stupid and made Ben look even worse. To top it off they used Ben, Hide, Roelly, 3 guys who had no chance to place anywhere to make the doc interesting. Should be Dexter, Rhoden, Ramy, Phil, no Kai and focus on something else. Even bring in Cedric for some personality and for the fact that Arnold said he liked his body type which could segway into talking about the bodies of today and yesterday.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    They have a chance to make this special dont ruin it like you did the first one. I agree with MPJ. They really made Wolf look stupid and made Ben look even worse. To top it off they used Ben, Hide, Roelly, 3 guys who had no chance to place anywhere to make the doc interesting. Should be Dexter, Rhoden, Ramy, Phil, no Kai and focus on something else. Even bring in Cedric for some personality and for the fact that Arnold said he liked his body type which could segway into talking about the bodies of today and yesterday.
    Agreed, but doubt it will go as you suggest.
    Bodypower's events are in the UK & India. Vladar is Russian.
    With what we've collectively noted as drawbacks in the first movie and aftermath I'd make an educated guess that the scenario for the second edition will be European oriented pitting them & the Camel crew against the front runners in the U.S with some white knights like Kai in the wings that they have strong business ties with.

Barbarian

Didn't like the first one too staged

I think calum von moger will be in it i hope better then seeing these pregnant bbers boring compared to pumping iron
    Last edited by Bradford1980; November 30th, 2016 at 10:09 AM.

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford1980 View Post
    I think calum von moger will be in he said
    Calum is a good guy with a terrific physique obviously.
    Generation Iron has virtually already crowned him Mr Olympia.
    Vladar's fanboy sort of overblown hype misses the boat for legit promotion of the sport, which has a sea of great competitors that get overshadowed in this sophomoric bs.

Quotes from GI on Calum:
    -Aug. 14 "Calum Von Moger has a physique that bests almost all bodybuilders in the IFBB - here's how to train like him."
    -Nov. 10 "Days Out, Calum von Moger Looks Shanked And Ready To Dominate In The IFBB"...he was entering an NPC show btw.
    -Nov. 12 "Calum wins first ever NPC contest. Will we soon see him dominate the IFBB?"

That's got to piss people off who aren't gettting the bj Vladar is giving Calum and rightfully so.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.59.50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.59.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.02.13 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Calum is a good guy with a terrific physique obviously.
    Generation Iron has virtually already crowned him Mr Olympia.
    Vladar's fanboy sort of overblown hype misses the boat for legit promotion of the sport, which has a sea of great competitors that get overshadowed in this sophomoric bs.

Quotes from GI on Calum:
    -Aug. 14 "Calum Von Moger has a physique that bests almost all bodybuilders in the IFBB - here's how to train like him."
    -Nov. 10 "Days Out, Calum von Moger Looks Shanked And Ready To Dominate In The IFBB"...he was entering an NPC show btw.
    -Nov. 12 "Calum wins first ever NPC contest. Will we soon see him dominate the IFBB?"

That's got to piss people off who aren't gettting the bj Vladar is giving Calum and rightfully so.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.59.50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 8.59.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.02.13 AM.jpg
    He will do well in pro classic physique and is my fav at moment besides terrence ruffin

Freak of Nature

Agreed he could do well.
    Up to who shows up and the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford1980 View Post
    He will do well in pro classic physique and is my fav at moment besides terrence ruffin

great read, can't wait to see it
    MY KING OF KINGS