Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Christianity......

How would you know it's true ???

your post is great but it's too vague ?

If it turns out Christ was true how many people would change ?

Most people !!!

because then it wouldn't be about faith !!!

It wouldnt be about belief or hope because wed know its true !!!!!

so , lol, then it would be the science of Christ !!!

interesting hypothetical but a genuine non sequitar, 0xy moron, etc....

The basic premise of Christ is about believing first !!!!!

if you already know something's true it's not a belief anymore, it's a fact !!!!

And that wouldn't happen in reality because that would dismantle and destroy the whole complete point of Christianity !!!!!

Ps - this post got me thinking DEADn

thanks for posting it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    If Christianity turned out to be true would you then become a Christian?

Of course I would believe. It's not a hard sell eternal life who doesn't want that. An actual meaning of life and the universe .

The flip is if Christianity was absouletly proven false could you believe it ? It would be a hard pill to swallow from glory to the big nothing , now that's a leap. We are biologically programmed for survival to live. Could you wash away notions of eternal life in exchange for death

Could i I wash away notions of eternal life in exchange for death ???

what does that mean ????

i read the question several times ???

im trying to understand it bro

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Of course I would believe. It's not a hard sell eternal life who doesn't want that. An actual meaning of life and the universe .

The flip is if Christianity was absouletly proven false could you believe it ? It would be a hard pill to swallow from glory to the big nothing , now that's a leap. We are biologically programmed for survival to live. Could you wash away notions of eternal life in exchange for death

Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
    Could i I wash away notions of eternal life in exchange for death ???

what does that mean ????

i read the question several times ???

im trying to understand it bro
    I'm not sure what his intentions were , so I won't speculate. I get out of the question is that if all doubt was removed and it was no longer an issue of faith would you be a Christain. My answer is without a doubt yes. If I had evidence to believe it of course I would follow because I'd want eternal life in heaven.

My point is that even with evidence people would fight the notion of atheism . As it would mean there is only death . It's a much tougher pill to swallow

Iron Addict

My OP is to initially ask if you found out Christianity is true would you believe?

The intent is to test the heart when it comes to truth. Some people would not become a believer if they found out Christianity were true because they hate it that much. If I found out something other than Christianity were true I would probably find myself wrestling with it for a while and then gradually succumb myself to it. After all, if it is true then I am only lying to myself if I refuse to accept it. That is the nature of truth. If you don't believe truth then you believe a lie.

100 %

QUOTE=thegoon;4279660]I'm not sure what his intentions were , so I won't speculate. I get out of the question is that if all doubt was removed and it was no longer an issue of faith would you be a Christain. My answer is without a doubt yes. If I had evidence to believe it of course I would follow because I'd want eternal life in heaven.

My point is that even with evidence people would fight the notion of atheism . As it would mean there is only death . It's a much tougher pill to swallow[/QUOTE]

Absolutely !!!

and that's what I've been saying for years !!!

which brings up the topic of the Holy Ghost

" the comforter "

which on on many occasions baffles, irritates, and surprisingly creates a sort of hostility and satire during deeper discussion and examination of Christ's doctrine !

Especially among my Jewish, Muslim , atheist , and science friends !!!

for example , the Bible and Book of Mormon both clearly state in specific verses that The Holy Ghost will manifest the truth and mission of Christ IF the reader/seeker of truth has an honest and pure heart for discovering the facts !!!

My OP is to initially ask if you found out Christianity is true would you believe?

The intent is to test the heart when it comes to truth. Some people would not become a believer if they found out Christianity were true because they hate it that much. If I found out something other than Christianity were true I would probably find myself wrestling with it for a while and then gradually succumb myself to it. After all, if it is true then I am only lying to myself if I refuse to accept it. That is the nature of truth. If you don't believe truth then you believe a lie.

Iron Addict

Absolutely !!!

and that's what I've been saying for years !!!

which brings up the topic of the Holy Ghost

" the comforter "

which on on many occasions baffles, irritates, and surprisingly creates a sort of hostility and satire during deeper discussion and examination of Christ's doctrine !

Especially among my Jewish, Muslim , atheist , and science friends !!!

for example , the Bible and Book of Mormon both clearly state in specific verses that The Holy Ghost will manifest the truth and mission of Christ IF the reader/seeker of truth has an honest and pure heart for discovering the facts !!!

But if you look closer Mormon teaching paints a different picture of who Jesus is vs what the bible says. The Holy Spirit is not in the teaching of the Mormon church. In their teaching Jesus is a created being and never was God at all but the brother of Lucifer. Jesus became a god and has his own planet with spirit kids. Mormons believe they will become gods and have their own planet. There is no mentioned of sin and repentance and being born again or adopted of God in their teaching. It is opposite of what the bible teaches.

Thank you Deadn for your feedback !!!

trust me brother, those statements you suggested just aren't true !

I was raised in The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints !!!

We teach Christ's Doctrine !!!

we believe in the Bible AND the Book Of Mormon !!!

I've been a member for 48 years !!!

I know more about this church than anyone you've came in contact with !!!

trust me

But if you look closer Mormon teaching paints a different picture of who Jesus is vs what the bible says. The Holy Spirit is not in the teaching of the Mormon church. In their teaching Jesus is a created being and never was God at all but the brother of Lucifer. Jesus became a god and has his own planet with spirit kids. Mormons believe they will become gods and have their own planet. There is no mentioned of sin and repentance and being born again or adopted of God in their teaching. It is opposite of what the bible teaches.

Iron Addict

Thank you Deadn for your feedback !!!

trust me brother, those statements you suggested just aren't true !

I was raised in The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints !!!

We teach Christ's Doctrine !!!

we believe in the Bible AND the Book Of Mormon !!!

I've been a member for 48 years !!!

I know more about this church than anyone you've came in contact with !!!

trust me
    Was God once a man?

Yes, God the Father was once a man

According to our teachings

but Deadn, that doesn't negate our other tenets !!!

baptism, sacrament, the Bible, the Book of Mormon, etc....

Like I told you earlier, no one you know knows the church like I do

I'm not lying dude, we are on muscular development lol

I have nothing to lose or gain

at least your respectful with your dialogue

I appreciate that

most people can't handle mature open dialogue on religion

Was God once a man?
    Last edited by bantamweightchamp2014; August 29th, 2017 at 10:08 PM.

Iron Addict

I created a new thread for the last few posts of this thread about Mormonism so it doesn't derail the subject of this thread.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...31#post4281331

Its defintely arrogant rocky 3

i don't know if it's unchristian behavior ???

they may really feel that way in their hearts

but it is arrogant

good post brother !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Do you guys feel that claiming to have certainty to go to Heav3n is unchristian behavior? All the folks at our church keep claiming how they have a reserved seat up in heaven without shadow of a doubt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12