Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embracing and exceeding Evan Centropani's advise ( videos) on buying groceries

Default Embracing and exceeding Evan Centropani's advise ( videos) on buying groceries

Many of us were impressed by the advice Evan offered up in his recent videos
    on buying quality BB food on a budget.

I've recently started doing it up right, when I purchase my own food.
    While my prime competitive years are behind me, I now enjoy having more resources aka spending $$.

I now buy the higher quality cuts of meat, like grass fed beef , chicken tenders and organic fruits/ veggies, etc
    Don't laugh too hard, but I mix my pro powder with vanilla soy milk and ice. This helps provides me with a
    high pro drink I can easily absorb/digest ( less passing gas LOL).

FOOD is the one bodybuilding factor we can all do our best to improve on.
    Plus, I'm feeling better overall on the higher quality diet.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Many of us were impressed by the advice Evan offered up in his recent videos
    on buying quality BB food on a budget.

I've recently started doing it up right, when I purchase my own food.
    While my prime competitive years are behind me, I now enjoy having more resources aka spending $$.

I now buy the higher quality cuts of meat, like grass fed beef , chicken tenders and organic fruits/ veggies, etc
    Don't laugh too hard, but I mix my pro powder with vanilla soy milk and ice. This helps provides me with a
    high pro drink I can easily absorb/digest ( less passing gas LOL).

FOOD is the one bodybuilding factor we can all do our best to improve on.
    Plus, I'm feeling better overall on the higher quality diet.
    High estrogen levels have been explained.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Behemoth

Your titbits make this forum worthwhile. Thank you, happy new year and god bless you Howard!

I'm pretty sure that good feeling you have is not from the food. It's from thinking the food is "that" much better for you. People these days seem to believe you either eat organic or you might as well just eat candy all day. Organic vs conventional nutrition profiles are identical, and conventional uses far less pesticides. Now, I will say, if you're looking to use a vegetable or herb that's not typical, then chances are it will only be available as an organic. Sucks...
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Saying that, and disagreeing with Evan on the subject. I still think he's done a great service to this industry by promoting actual healthful foods instead of boiled chicken and rice for every meal.

Love you, boo...

Training Log

Mass Monster

OP heaped praise on the guy put couldn't even spell his name right in the title. Some people's kids man....

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Saying that, and disagreeing with Evan on the subject. I still think he's done a great service to this industry by promoting actual healthful foods instead of boiled chicken and rice for every meal.

Love you, boo...

I agree with you entirely. The jury is still out on organic foods. Unless your food is being grown with ZERO pesticides it's tough to say whether organic actually IS better than conventional. Some say that organic pesticides are not without potential dangers and because they need to be applied more heavily, it's actually worse. Is that true? I have no idea. I wish I knew more about it.

One thing I will say though is on the topic of non-gmo foods. While a gmo food itself may not be harmful to you, it's important to keep in mind that oftentimes, crops are genetically modified to WITHSTAND greater pesticide application....namely roundup. And there are an overwhelming number of people who seem to believe that glyphosates ARE hazardous. Are they? Again, don't know. BUT, I would certainly rather not eat a crop that been soaked in ANY pesticides, organic or otherwise. And although some claim that roundup is not harmful to humans, I'll pass on the extra serving of it. One good thing about the (current) organic certification is that no gmo food can be labeled organic.
    Last edited by Evan Centopani; December 30th, 2016 at 06:40 PM.

I need to grow more of my own food... its the only way to know.

Behemoth

I've posted this before but it's worth another mention. How can anything be considered organic in the sense we all
    think of organic (pure and without anything artificial)? Are not all water and air sources connected?

I thought research came to the conclusion that roundup causes cancer.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Thanks for your generous advices Evan! You are a breath of fresh air in this sport!,,Ps check your pm box! Happy new year and all the best to your Father and wife and daughter!

^^^^sending nude selfies to pros again!!

C'mon MOB!!
    I stop me....no one else does.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post

C'mon MOB!!
    disgraceful. MOB is bringing the reputation of schmoes down to a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac View Post
    I thought research came to the conclusion that roundup causes cancer.
    The poison is in the dose. You'd have to drink glasses of it for a long time to get cancer. As a precaution, you should wash your hands after and possibly wear a mask. But the same can be said for changing your oil or cutting wood. It's been blown out of proportion by companies charging BIG bucks for organic food.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    I agree with you entirely. The jury is still out on organic foods. Unless your food is being grown with ZERO pesticides it's tough to say whether organic actually IS better than conventional. Some say that organic pesticides are not without potential dangers and because they need to be applied more heavily, it's actually worse. Is that true? I have no idea. I wish I knew more about it.

One thing I will say though is on the topic of non-gmo foods. While a gmo food itself may not be harmful to you, it's important to keep in mind that oftentimes, crops are genetically modified to WITHSTAND greater pesticide application....namely roundup. And there are an overwhelming number of people who seem to believe that glyphosates ARE hazardous. Are they? Again, don't know. BUT, I would certainly rather not eat a crop that been soaked in ANY pesticides, organic or otherwise. And although some claim that roundup is not harmful to humans, I'll pass on the extra serving of it. One good thing about the (current) organic certification is that no gmo food can be labeled organic.
    How are you supposed to gain followers while admitting you don't know something? You're supposed to lie and act like an expert!

Training Log

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post

C'mon MOB!!
    And I am all oiled up too! #Prime Beef! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    How are you supposed to gain followers while admitting you don't know something? You're supposed to lie and act like an expert!
    I never trust anyone that doesn't routinely profess what they don't know!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast