Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 30

Thread: Metformin - Fountain of Youth or Muscle Destroyer?

  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,760
    Gender
    Male

    Default Metformin - Fountain of Youth or Muscle Destroyer?


  2. #2

    Default

    I was prescribed this for two years when I was diagnosed diabetic back in 2013.

    Imagine having the shits for TWO years straight. Yup.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

  3. #3
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I was prescribed this for two years when I was diagnosed diabetic back in 2013.

    Imagine having the shits for TWO years straight. Yup.
    Have you had a nutritional analysis lab done? A lot of times people are deficient in minerals and vitamins that lead to this. Ever do a veggie feast (yes, feast) cleanse?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    Have you had a nutritional analysis lab done? A lot of times people are deficient in minerals and vitamins that lead to this. Ever do a veggie feast (yes, feast) cleanse?
    I thought Metformin caused diarrhea because it inhibited amylase?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    Have you had a nutritional analysis lab done? A lot of times people are deficient in minerals and vitamins that lead to this. Ever do a veggie feast (yes, feast) cleanse?
    I haven't mate, no.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

  6. #6
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I haven't mate, no.
    I highly recommend the nutritional analysis! I think perhaps bodybuilders get so locked into only a handful of foods that they become deficient. And maybe not going outside enough too.

  7. #7
    Iron Addict Bully God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,592
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Extended release prevents you from getting the shits. Still has the same benefits if I'm not mistaken.

  8. #8
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,901
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    If Im am going to have a meal or dinner abundant on junk food, maybe I will take a pill before eating. This can happen 3 or 4 times a year, I usually don't eat anything out of my diet.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  9. #9
    Freak of Nature D-NUTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    13,331
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    Extended release prevents you from getting the shits. Still has the same benefits if I'm not mistaken.
    Pretty sure you are correct but my metformin knowledge is lacking.

  10. #10
    Iron Addict Bully God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,592
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    Pretty sure you are correct but my metformin knowledge is lacking.
    I only know this because I talked to Meadows about it at the gym one day. I was taking reg Metformin and shitting uncontrollably, I asked if ER gives the same results/benefits and he said absolutely.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    Extended release prevents you from getting the shits. Still has the same benefits if I'm not mistaken.

    Was prescribed those as well mate and they also did nothing to bring down my blood glucose levels either. Boooooo.

    Gliclazide I used for two days, it made me feel terrible so I stopped taking those as well.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

  12. #12
    Barbarian Ice_Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Europe
    Posts
    405

    Default

    So metformine reduces testosterone levels if taken for extended periods of time..

  13. #13
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    I thought Metformin caused diarrhea because it inhibited amylase?
    My advice is for diabetics and non-diabetics. I'm talking root cause 'why do I have this condition' approach. You can still lessen effects from them by knowing your deficiencies.

  14. #14
    Behemoth Manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,360
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I am a Nurse wrote a paper on Diabetes, You will stop getting the shits on Metform after regular use it is only a short side effect for some, on another note I would n't touch it unless I was a type two diabetic.

  15. #15
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,901
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
    I am a Nurse wrote a paper on Diabetes, You will stop getting the shits on Metform after regular use it is only a short side effect for some, on another note I would n't touch it unless I was a type two diabetic.
    Why?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
    I am a Nurse wrote a paper on Diabetes, You will stop getting the shits on Metform after regular use it is only a short side effect for some, on another note I would n't touch it unless I was a type two diabetic.

    Giles just said he had the shits for TWO YEARS...Can you define a "SHORT SIDE EFFECT"?

    Diarrhea is serious as you become dehydrated, lose macro and micro nutrients as well as probiotics... all of which makes a person who is diabetic all the worst off...
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post
    Giles just said he had the shits for TWO YEARS...Can you define a "SHORT SIDE EFFECT"?

    Diarrhea is serious as you become dehydrated, lose macro and micro nutrients as well as probiotics... all of which makes a person who is diabetic all the worst off...

    1 dose of 500mg metformin per day and I'm fine. 2 doses and it gives me the shits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •