Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Ketogenic Diet - The Good, Bad & Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    The longer you are without hydrates, worst you feel the carb up.

I do not believe in that crap of hydrates around the training in general terms, but after a contest diet it may be a good idea to introduce hydrates at that specific time to increase your muscle size without fat. However, this grace period has a limited time, then, it's time to back to your ketosis.
    hello beti!

you dont need to carb up. people feel they have to carb up because they are on too low calories for too long. if you feel you have to carb up , just eat more calories for a day up the fat, and you willl be fine again. there is nothing carbs do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    hello beti!

you dont need to carb up. people feel they have to carb up because they are on too low calories for too long. if you feel you have to carb up , just eat more calories for a day up the fat, and you willl be fine again. there is nothing carbs do better than that.
    Thanks, that sounds like fat load, I'll try it.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I look flat on zero carbs. Need to keep salt intake higher on low and zero carb plans.

Quote Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
    Information geare'd to sloth sugar burners, lower your carbs to loose weight increase carbs every so often to keep fat loss going. I'm not a sloth sugar burner I'm a fat adapted super sayain, I run on ketones 24/7 I'm constantly using fat for fuel, I have no problem with fat loss, I'm slowly loosing fat now and seriously not even trying to.
    really? You must not have watched then because not once did he say anything about that being "geared" to sloth sugar burners... Super sayain huh? Choose yours wisely when pumping yourself up, as I recall you missed making the 212 limit, but a lot at the chicago wings of strength, bub..
    Last edited by Bully God; May 4th, 2017 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    really? You must not have watched then because not once did he say anything about that being "geared" to sloth sugar burners... Super sayain huh? Choose yours wisely when pumping yourself up, as I recall you missed making the 212 limit, but a lot at the chicago wings of strength, bub..
    wow why did my words offend you? If you like I can use the words "beast mode" like everyone on social media if that would make you happy. Yes I did miss weight, but that's the past when I was a dumb ass meathead shoving food down my throat every 3 hours cause I was scared I might loose muscle, you know like ALL BODYBUILDING meat heads do, and then we wonder why everyone has big guts, hell I'm just sitting around chillin at the house recovering from injury at a lean 210 (within the 212 limit) not even trying..LOL eating zero fucking carbs and eating 2 meals a day, getting leaner and keeping all my muscle.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Some good points there, especially upping the sodium. BINGO!

What is a sloth sugar burner I am confused.

1:00 pm - bullet proof coffee with 20 grams of grass fed butter and 20 grams of coconut oil
    3:00 - train legs, left arm, calves, and side lateral machine on mon, wed, fri. On tue, thurs, sat. Do 15 min of HIT cardio
    4:00-4:30 - post workout shake of 25 grams whey isolate, 1 cup of almond milk unsweetened, 45 grams of raw kale, 45 grams of raw broccoli, 1 oz of walnuts and 1 tbls. Olive oil
    7:00pm - 4 whole eggs scrambled in grass fed butter with cheese and veggies, 1 can of sardines in spring water, 1 oz of almonds
    9:00 - very large salid with 6 oz of wild caught salmon on it, olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing, 3 turkey balls (made like meatballs). Usually this is all I have some days more some days more food in form of fat.
    wow why did my words offend you? If you like I can use the words "beast mode" like everyone on social media if that would make you happy. Yes I did miss weight, but that's the past when I was a dumb ass meathead shoving food down my throat every 3 hours cause I was scared I might loose muscle, you know like ALL BODYBUILDING meat heads do, and then we wonder why everyone has big guts, hell I'm just sitting around chillin at the house recovering from injury at a lean 210 (within the 212 limit) not even trying..LOL eating zero fucking carbs and eating 2 meals a day, getting leaner and keeping all my muscle.
    2 meals a day huh bub?

And as far saying "beast mode" or any of those other dumb cliche sayings, no you don't have to say that. I'm glad you're finding out that being lighter is probably better suited for you, for overall health and even a better look. I appreciate condition over size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    2 meals a day huh bub?

And as far saying "beast mode" or any of those other dumb cliche sayings, no you don't have to say that. I'm glad you're finding out that being lighter is probably better suited for you, for overall health and even a better look. I appreciate condition over size.
    Yes sir for the last almost two weeks I cut out the post shake and extended the fast, I eat two meals now and I'm leaner than that video now, I was 213 in video, now 210.

And yes we agree, lighter and healthier is better, I give two fucks about bodybuilding anymore, if I ever compete again it will be on my terms and the look I prefer, no 2017 judging standards. I would hope to compete at around 190 lbs.

Note☆☆☆☆ I don't consider bullet proof coffee a meal as it does not stop autophagy from taking place.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Yes sir for the last almost two weeks I cut out the post shake and extended the fast, I eat two meals now and I'm leaner than that video now, I was 213 in video, now 210.

And yes we agree, lighter and healthier is better, I give two fucks about bodybuilding anymore, if I ever compete again it will be on my terms and the look I prefer, no 2017 judging standards. I would hope to compete at around 190 lbs.

Note☆☆☆☆ I don't consider bullet proof coffee a meal as it does not stop autophagy from taking place.
    So you fast around 16 hours and have a bulletproof coffee and then eat two meals? So what are the two meals again. Im being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    So you fast around 16 hours and have a bulletproof coffee and then eat two meals? So what are the two meals again. Im being serious.
    It depends some days I eat a lot more, some days slightly less.
    Yesterday.
    Meal one - 4 whole eggs, 25 grams of whey isolate, 56 grams of mozzarella cheese, a kale shake made with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 48 grams of raw kale, 3 oz avacado
    Meal 2 - 7 oz grass fed steak cooked in grass fed butter, 2 oz almonds, 1 larget salad of mixed greens, 28 grams of cheddar cheese and 1 tbls of Chipotle infused flavor extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbls. Of smuckers natural peanutbutter.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

It depends some days I eat a lot more, some days slightly less.
    Yesterday.
    Meal one - 4 whole eggs, 25 grams of whey isolate, 56 grams of mozzarella cheese, a kale shake made with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 48 grams of raw kale, 3 oz avacado
    Meal 2 - 7 oz grass fed steak cooked in grass fed butter, 2 oz almonds, 1 larget salad of mixed greens, 28 grams of cheddar cheese and 1 tbls of Chipotle infused flavor extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbls. Of smuckers natural peanutbutter.

Would this be a typical training day?

Quote Originally Posted by IRON DWARF View Post
    Would this be a typical training day?
    That was, it was actually leg day, the only day i can really train hard. I eat as hungry, if I'm hungry I eat more, keto really blunts my appetite though and so does fasting.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

That was, it was actually leg day, the only day i can really train hard. I eat as hungry, if I'm hungry I eat more, keto really blunts my appetite though and so does fasting.
    Yet you're still maintaining mass. Fascinating!

I think or rather I hope keto works better once we're a little older and our metabolism slows down. Tried it in my early 20's and it didn't go so well as I lost a lot muscle fast! I can hold size much easier now so it might be worth giving it another go. Appreciate all the info in this thread, particularly your posts bboy

While an extremely small fraction of the population may have a genuine need or pointed use for ketogenic diets, the majority of people don't. It's a good thing keto is a thing, or I think many people would get bored with eating. It's kind of strange though, the way people on keto speak almost in a tone of superiority, like Crossfitters on their paleo diets. A food tweak! X didn't work, so I tried Y. Smart! Problem in most cases is that X wasn't strictly adhered to to begin with, so the laziness and boredom created a want for something new. And now the new trend of supplemental ketones. People get bored so easily. Bro, eat some bread.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast