Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Ketogenic Diet - The Good, Bad & Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    you dont look flat with zero carbs! just in the beginning when the body adapts. after that you can look very full with absolutely NO carbs. if you look flat just up your fats thats all you have to do.
    If you are on a "ketogenic diet" in your cutting diet, with lots of protein and low fats, would you make a fats load in place? I find that after a period of weeks without hydrates my body simply does not process or absorb them.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Spotter

Keep in mind there's a difference if you're in keto and you're "enhanced" vs. in keto and you're clean. That extra protein needed wouldn't necessarily be converted into glucose if you're sauced up. Natural yes.

As far as carbing up coming out of ketosis, that's be in interesting protocol to see and obviously each person would be different. I think some of might not even need that much of a carb up because of naturally round muscle bellies.
    Last edited by Wiggs; May 21st, 2017 at 10:12 PM.

I love keto, the carbnite version with one day, just 2 meals with carbs once a week or once every 2 weeks

Spotter

I tried Keto before. I didn't like it. Got no energy after a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Camion View Post
    I tried Keto before. I didn't like it. Got no energy after a few days.
    You obviously did very little research into the diet before starting it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    You obviously did very little research into the diet before starting it
    He could'nt eat carbs. So he decided to not eat anything at all, since carbs are so tasty.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/

I remember how some forum members have commented about loss of performance when they reduce/eliminate hydrates, they should train stronger than these elite gymnasts with a training volume of 30 hours a week, lol.

They were put on a ketogenic diet of 1,971 calories, which is quite drastic for someone who trains more than 4 hours a day. Their fat percentage was 7.6% to 5% (lower than many bodybuilders in contest shape) in 30 days. Even under these conditions, they gained 0.9 pounds of lean body mass. And let's not forget that they must have lost a lot of glycogen and water by eating only 22 grams of carbohydrates a day.

Richard David Feinman (born 1940) is a professor of biochemistry and medical researcher at State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, better known as SUNY Downstate Medical Center who studies nutrition and metabolism. His current area of research is the area of diet composition and energy balance. He is generally credited for doing the first serious scientific research on the Atkins Diet[citation needed]. He has published articles on application of thermodynamics to nutrition. His articles explain why the common idea that "a calorie is a calorie" is not correct. His argument in brief: the first law of thermodynamics (conservation of energy) is a bookkeeping law, that it does not say how energy input is divided between weight gain, work done, heat generation or storage of energy in different biomolecules. The second law is a dissipation law. It says that all (real) processes are inefficient. Feinman explained how diets of different composition vary in efficiency, in particular, how carbohydrate-restricted diets can lead to reduced efficiency. Whereas the effect is not always seen, the argument is that there is no reason to doubt published reports where it does occur.

He is a director of the Metabolism Society and a former co-Editor-in-Chief of the Open Access online medical journal, Nutrition & Metabolism.

Banned

I've done every diet known to man. Honestly best way to go is just to count macros 100%, and just pull carbs slowly, then carb cycle, and then pull fats if need be.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789