Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplements Then & Now | "If It Tastes Like Crap, It Must Be Good!" - by Peter McGough

Default Supplements Then & Now | "If It Tastes Like Crap, It Must Be Good!" - by Peter McGough

Spotter

I'm 47 yrs old and Tom was the man when I started training at 13 yrs old in 1983 and Tom ...Arnold ...and Pearl are still my idols to this day ! I have autographed framed photos of each of those guys hanging in my home office and my 6 yr old son loves the Tom photo and pretends to be Tom beating the crap out of the hulk lol.

I remember the first time i ever walked into Little London like it was yesterday..in fact it must have been around '81.
    so many weird and wonderful wallet emptying supps

I still remember buying a bottle of 'liquid aminos' in the fall of 1987 that was supposed to be cherry flavored. The actual flavor seemed more a blend of kerosene and spoiled fruit juice. I had to hold my nose when I drank my 2 tablespoons before workouts, or else I would barf it right back up.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

How about Joe Weider's weight gain chewable tablets?? YUK!!!!! I thought everything that was sold was magic!!! I remember thinking what if I took every supplement I could buy, even that garbage Cybergenics!!! then I got hip to those little blue dbol tabs!!! Damn then I knew what magic was!!! We would go down to Tijuana, which was only a 40min drive from Camp Pendleton, and go to that building where Dan Duchaine sold his gear and stock up!!! I heard all the liquid gear was just a small amount of test but we bought it anyway. Most was probably fake but something got us big!!! There was even liquid anavar and anadrol which is a joke!! Bolasterone, finajet, you name it he had it on the menu!!

Then we found the legit bottles of anadol by syntex in the orangish/red labeled bottle that was freaking awesome!!! They were in the pharmacies for $35 only!!! I sent them home to my friends and they were lovin it! Then we went to Duchaine's place one day and there was yellow police tape all over the doors and we were like oops!!! We found another spot an hour into Mexico in Ensenada and it was just as good. So the money was now spent on gear and not the garbage at the GNC except for maybe gainers fuel because you could mix it in water, since we had no fridges in the Marine Corps barracks to keep milk cold. Also another of my favorites was the ultra fuel carb drinks, but even now a days its real clean food and the gear is how I make most of my gains.

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I still remember buying a bottle of 'liquid aminos' in the fall of 1987 that was supposed to be cherry flavored. The actual flavor seemed more a blend of kerosene and spoiled fruit juice. I had to hold my nose when I drank my 2 tablespoons before workouts, or else I would barf it right back up.
    lol, dating yourself. Younger generation are scratching their heads wondering what kerosene is

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    lol, dating yourself. Younger generation are scratching their heads wondering what kerosene is
    I should have said gasoline!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    How about Joe Weider's weight gain chewable tablets?? YUK!!!!! I thought everything that was sold was magic!!! I remember thinking what if I took every supplement I could buy, even that garbage Cybergenics!!! then I got hip to those little blue dbol tabs!!! Damn then I knew what magic was!!! We would go down to Tijuana, which was only a 40min drive from Camp Pendleton, and go to that building where Dan Duchaine sold his gear and stock up!!! I heard all the liquid gear was just a small amount of test but we bought it anyway. Most was probably fake but something got us big!!! There was even liquid anavar and anadrol which is a joke!! Bolasterone, finajet, you name it he had it on the menu!!

Then we found the legit bottles of anadol by syntex in the orangish/red labeled bottle that was freaking awesome!!! They were in the pharmacies for $35 only!!! I sent them home to my friends and they were lovin it! Then we went to Duchaine's place one day and there was yellow police tape all over the doors and we were like oops!!! We found another spot an hour into Mexico in Ensenada and it was just as good. So the money was now spent on gear and not the garbage at the GNC except for maybe gainers fuel because you could mix it in water, since we had no fridges in the Marine Corps barracks to keep milk cold. Also another of my favorites was the ultra fuel carb drinks, but even now a days its real clean food and the gear is how I make most of my gains.
    I had those Weider tablets and bought the Cybergenics kit- twice! I also bought gear in TJ a couple times in the late 90's. So much of it was fake. Vet stuff was real, but it was 50 mg/ml -

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I should have said gasoline!
    I have a kerosene heater that I use to keep my pipes from freezing when I lose power in the winter

I knew someone had to still be using kerosene - plus there must still be kerosene lamps.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Twinlabs Aminos. They were huge.

Liver tabs FTW
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

I still take Liver Aminos from Parrillo - not easy to swallow. (in before someone goes, that's what she said)

We (Universal) used to manufacture the products for Cybergenics. At one time we made products for a lot of the brands you see out there today.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

In 1988 a Swedish company BIG BOSS was launched in the UK. The had a massive ad campaign and sponsored some British athletes. I was in training at the time and tried their amino acids.It gave me the greatest pump ever and vascularity was off the charts. Eventually it was found that product and others contained a steroid (I think it was Dianabol) and BIG BOSS disappeared into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    In 1988 a Swedish company BIG BOSS was launched in the UK. The had a massive ad campaign and sponsored some British athletes. I was in training at the time and tried their amino acids.It gave me the greatest pump ever and vascularity was off the charts. Eventually it was found that product and others contained a steroid (I think it was Dianabol) and BIG BOSS disappeared into the night.
    Dbol, now THAT'S a great supplement...
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

1979 my dad bought me Bob Hoffman's protein powder. I drank one after every workout, It had at least 200g of sugar from vanilla syrup and ice cream in it. The stuff wouldn't blend right either. It tasted terrible. All these comments are cool, its crazy how things have evolved so much.

Supposedly, early batches of Hot Stuff had methlytest in it, and early batches of Met-RX had clen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast