Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cut for a bodybuilding show

Default Cut for a bodybuilding show

What diet have worked best for you? keto, carb cycling etc?

Banned

The Mike Tyson diet. Everytime you eat Junk Food, Mike Tyson come over and punch you in the stomach. Very very effective.

It wouldn't matter what worked for any of us, as we are all different. My carbs range from 200G a day at the lowest, even toward the very end, to 500G, and I get ripped. Many others would never be able to get lean eating that amount of carbs.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    It wouldn't matter what worked for any of us, as we are all different. My carbs range from 200G a day at the lowest, even toward the very end, to 500G, and I get ripped. Many others would never be able to get lean eating that amount of carbs.
    this....I do have a bikini girl, who cycle carbs from 100g to 400g and she is lean and ready, if I ate the same I would be 30% fat... I am on the other hand 100% keto and if she did it, she would be too dry and flat... carbs vary the most amongst people...and off course fat intake goes with it, as when you can not eat carbs, you have to take some kcals somewhere else....

ask yourself what you are eating now and how it works... if you are serious with prep, you should know how your macros are right now....

Keto makes me want to either die or murder someone. I love carbs, and my body loves them.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    The Mike Tyson diet. Everytime you eat Junk Food, Mike Tyson come over and punch you in the stomach. Very very effective.
    no more carbth for you puthy Boy.

Keto makes me want to either die or murder someone. I love carbs, and my body loves them.
    well and this just confirms what you said above,in my case carb cycling made me an ultimate bitch, especially the high vs the low days... on keto my brain switch to fat (ketones) and my mood, strength and temper never had been more stabile during the prep, plus after some time I feel zero cravings

I eat more carbs on training days, less on days I am only doing cardio when I prep. Always works well for me.

Behemoth

Nearly every kind of diet works for SOMEBODY. But real Keto diets work for EVERYBODY.

The kind of diet that works for everyone for short term fatloss is 75+% Fat, 20% protein, under 5% net carbs. This isn't enough protein to build muscle on. If you stick to the diet you will stop feeling shitty after a few days usually but I've seen up to 10 days to get through the rough adaptation phase.

Where people get crazy keto results is if they try to stick to healthy choices. Getting their fats from healthy oils, lots of MCTs, nuts, avocado, etc and getting quality grass fed protein sources, Omega eggs and eating only fiberous carbs. The people who try to make Keto diets work with cheese, sugar free candy, deli meats, sausages......will lose the fat but will feel shitty and not achieve a peak look.

Bust out those Keto sticks to see results. If you're in that 40+mg/dl ketone range you are shredding rapidly. Also keep your calories around maintenance. I am not a believer in IF but for maximum fat loss only consume fat sources for the first 6 hours of your day and fit your food into a 6 hour window per day (12pm-6pm for me) and you'll lose even more rapidly.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Does that come with unlimited T3?

No form of named diet has worked.Running a deficit works, i don't have a fancy name for the simplicity of a calorie deficit. I personally prefer low fat and maintain moderate carb intake and protein around 2g per kg.2017 is the year of the Keto where people who don't even train are trying it because 'it's the best'. Very hard to stick to Keto.

I go in Keto all year, when the fats are lower, I can increase the hydrates a little. This speeds up the metabolism next to the burners and cardio.

I have a rule; I use more carbos near the contest condition than during the year, when I use keto diet. This makes sense, your body handles hydrates better when your body fat is lower, handles worse when it is high.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jags93 View Post
    Does that come with unlimited T3?
    It's 100% drug-free.

Or was it 100% free drugs?

Calorie cycling (thus carb cycling) with an overview of calorie deficit.
    D E S T R O Y

delete post????
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    well and this just confirms what you said above,in my case carb cycling made me an ultimate bitch, especially the high vs the low days... on keto my brain switch to fat (ketones) and my mood, strength and temper never had been more stabile during the prep, plus after some time I feel zero cravings
    ^^ this I perform, function, and lose fat way better on a keto diet.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

I eat more carbs on training days, less on days I am only doing cardio when I prep. Always works well for me.
    Same here.