Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Star Profile | Art Atwood - The Wisconsin Wonder Boy Part 1

Default A Star Profile | Art Atwood - The Wisconsin Wonder Boy Part 1

LOFL @ the part about "dropping off some protein powder" to his bouncer buddy at the club. Born as Arthur Atwood. Died as Art Ratwood.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    LOFL @ the part about "dropping off some protein powder" to his bouncer buddy at the club. Born as Arthur Atwood. Died as Art Ratwood.
    shut up you idiot.

Barbarian

When I watched Battle for the Olympia 2003, I feared for his health.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Not cool.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Not cool.
    Met Art Atwood at 2004 Mr Olympia. Got a picture with him, definitely one of the more welcoming pros at the expo. Was sad to hear when he passed.

I met him once....he ACTUALLY looked like a shaved down gorilla....not huuge but like an actual gorilla!

Legend ,looked great when he was young Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 2.05.06 PM.jpg mass monster ,great pecs
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Art Atwood died of a massive heart attack on Sept., 11th, 2011, while walking by the pool at his condo. The coroner's report showed he also had a minor heart attack in the previous month.
    Wikipedia reported his contest weight was 278 lbs. and off season weight was 330 lbs. at 5'11". This is another example of a bodybuilder eating too much protein and cholesterol without watching his cholesterol levels. Steroids must have played a role in this because they cause a drastic reduction in your HDL levels(good cholesterol) and increase your LDL cholesterol levels(bad cholesterol). This causes an increased buildup of plaque in your coronary arteries. That is a perfect recipe for an early heart attack.

330 pounds, be it muscle or fat, is not a healthy weight for anyone.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Shame he passed away. I was a fan of his, I met him at the Olympia expo and he must have been having a bad day becasue he wasn't the friendliest to me unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbody45 View Post
    Art Atwood died of a massive heart attack on Sept., 11th, 2011, while walking by the pool at his condo. The coroner's report showed he also had a minor heart attack in the previous month.
    Wikipedia reported his contest weight was 278 lbs. and off season weight was 330 lbs. at 5'11". This is another example of a bodybuilder eating too much protein and cholesterol without watching his cholesterol levels. Steroids must have played a role in this because they cause a drastic reduction in your HDL levels(good cholesterol) and increase your LDL cholesterol levels(bad cholesterol). This causes an increased buildup of plaque in your coronary arteries. That is a perfect recipe for an early heart attack.
    Hey hey hey,This is a tribute tread a out anrtwood --when michael jackson died do you think people started posting about ohh he did drugs bla bla bla ?No,They posted r.i.p pictures and cried .
    You are not his doctor and therefor you're health upptedes on him are just guessing..
    Have some respect
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    Hey hey hey,This is a tribute tread a out anrtwood --when michael jackson died do you think people started posting about ohh he did drugs bla bla bla ?No,They posted r.i.p pictures and cried .
    You are not his doctor and therefor you're health upptedes on him are just guessing..
    Have some respect
    This!!
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Kevin Levrone didn't win his first pro contest, which was the Chicago Pro. He took third behind Pastel (2nd) and Porter Cottrell (1st). Being from Illinois and Art being from Wisconsin I knew him pretty well. He was always down in Illinois showing up at contests etc. Also I'm sure everybody remembers the ads with him for Optimum Nutrition sitting with a girl on the motorcycle, well that was my younger sister Traci. She was with Optimum Nutrition also and knew Art well also. She said his russian wife was so jealous that Art couldnt even take pictures with females for ads without her going crazy on him and making a big scene.

Art was super thick, and his photos didnt do him justice!! I mean he looked thick in his photos but in real life he was crazy thick!!! His chest and back were ridiculous and his legs were retarded thick!!! I was talking to him about Chad Nicholls training him and what he had him doing, and how awesome he was!!! But when his body started getting all bloated and out of proportion because of the insulin he started blaming it on Chad. Which I did not agree with. He got into selling his own products and was a big fan of waxy maize and Vitargo. But then he started selling rec drugs like ecstasy and then got caught and it just went downhill from there. I never knew how much gear he took but I believe he had some genetically messed up problems with his heart. And I dont think bashing him on here after the poor guy is dead is right. He was a good dude.

I don't think anyone is bashing him. I'm sure as heck not, I was a big fan of both him and his physique which was why it sucked when he brushed me off at the expo while I had been waiting patiently haha. I just don't think we should ignore the elephant in the room. He seemed like a good man and now he's not here. He left behind a wife, a child (I think, could be wrong but I thought he had a daughter) he was a business owner and somebody's son. To ignore the facts around his passing would just be ignorant to do so.

He didn't even live to 40, that's a tragedy in itself. He was always cool with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    shut up you idiot.
    Whatever you say Pedonny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast