Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Star Profile | Flex Wheeler - The Sultan of Symmetry Part 1

Default A Star Profile | Flex Wheeler - The Sultan of Symmetry Part 1

So if he was 215 lbs at the Arnold in '93, he could of easily dropped 3 pounds and competed in the 212lb division, hypothetically speaking. He would have beaten Flex Lewis, me thinks, farely easily. In 2nd place Flex..............Lewis!!! Like when they did that to Labrada and Haney in '89 & '90.

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    So if he was 215 lbs at the Arnold in '93, he could of easily dropped 3 pounds and competed in the 212lb division, hypothetically speaking. He would have beaten Flex Lewis, me thinks, farely easily. In 2nd place Flex..............Lewis!!! Like when they did that to Labrada and Haney in '89 & '90.
    You have a valid point, except Lewis is just shorter than Wheeler at 212 not smaller. But I do think a prime Wheeler would beat a prime Lewis and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ape of god View Post
    You have a valid point, except Lewis is just shorter than Wheeler at 212 not smaller. But I do think a prime Wheeler would beat a prime Lewis and easily.
    Flex lewis is not in the same league as wheeler.you of all people should know this??
    Flex wheeler in peak is 4th best bodybuilder off all time .Lewis is not in top 30 of all time
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Not by today's judging standards. The shorter guys in 212 dominate, and it's easy to see why when standing next to guys taller than them. Lewis would handily beat Wheeler in 212
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Not by today's judging standards. The shorter guys in 212 dominate, and it's easy to see why when standing next to guys taller than them. Lewis would handily beat Wheeler in 212
    Are yo being serious? are you actually saying flex wheeler would loose to lewis???? you can not be serious ???
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Lewis is just shorter than Wheeler at 212 not smaller.
    Shorter=smaller.

jay-cutler-2.jpg

But yeah, Wheeler was way better in his prime.

Uh Aj, thats why I said he'd beat him easily, not in his league...But, I also dont think Wheeler is the 4th best bbr of all time. Better than Yates ?...nope, Haney ?...nope, Coleman ?... nope, Bannout ?...close, Arnold .... that's sacrilege, then we have Levrone and Ray to consider as well.

Uh Aj, thats why I said he'd beat him easily, not in his league...But, I also dont think Wheeler is the 4th best bbr of all time. Better than Yates ?...nope, Haney ?...nope, Coleman ?... nope, Bannout ?...close, Arnold .... that's sacrilege, then we have Levrone and Ray to consider as well.
    When I judge who is best off all time I rate it as this ..
    The best look they ever had on stage ,all round carisma and ability to be remembered .
    Arnold obviously King of bodybuilding but phsqyue wise would not qualify for the mr olympia 2017 -
    So saying that yes flex wheeler at his all time best is better than haney ,better than yates ,

Top 4 in peak
    Ronnie coleman
    JAY CUTLER 2001 LOOK
    Nasser 97 look
    maybe heath 2011 or flex

This is based on when in peak form ,Flex was robbed and dorian in my view did not look better than flex -
    Yes dorian had a better carrier ,and was more consistent ,but flex at his highest ??? a dream come true Flex_Wheeler_027.jpg
    This is not only my opinion but I remember flex magazine had a voting who had the most beautiful body of all time and flex wheeler won that contest man..

Flex in 98 was amazing, too bad he couldnt ever bring that look to the Olympia stage. Was fantastic in 93, but so much smaller than Yates. Worth debating that Nasser should have won in 97, was just awesome that year. I would go with 09 Cutler over 01. Not a Heath fan, Kai sbould have 2 of his trophies, 12 and 14. You do underestimate Haney though, 91 Haney would probably beat anything Wheeler ever brought to the O.