Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Franco Files | Tales of Two-Time Olympia Champ, Franco Columbu

Default The Franco Files | Tales of Two-Time Olympia Champ, Franco Columbu

He was my idol in the late 70s.

Funny the article avoids the '81 Olympia!

Thanks Pete! Good read!

1981 Mr. O should have gone to Platz tho. Franco's legs wer a joke! And to give the sandow to him and not Platz, reminded everyone of the travesty the year before!! It wasnt even close!!! Oh and Robby Robinson should have a couple sandows too. He smoked Zane in the late 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    1981 Mr. O should have gone to Platz tho. Franco's legs wer a joke! And to give the sandow to him and not Platz, reminded everyone of the travesty the year before!! It wasnt even close!!! Oh and Robby Robinson should have a couple sandows too. He smoked Zane in the late 70's.
    Platz was too watery and definitely too bottom-heavy.

A near-perfect Danny Padilla was the deserved winner of the Sandow that night.

I agree!!! Padilla and Platz 1st and 2nd place, either way. but for Franco to beat both of them? Terrible terrible decision!!! Look at Franco's quads! He broke his leg earlier carrying a fridge or whatever, but look at Padilla's dryness or Platz' freakiness!! Makes no sense at all!!! Arnold winning in '80 wasnt nearly this bad. At least Arnold hung with them guys. But I think Mentzer should have won in '80.

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    I agree!!! Padilla and Platz 1st and 2nd place, either way. but for Franco to beat both of them? Terrible terrible decision!!! Look at Franco's quads! He broke his leg earlier carrying a fridge or whatever, but look at Padilla's dryness or Platz' freakiness!! Makes no sense at all!!! Arnold winning in '80 wasnt nearly this bad. At least Arnold hung with them guys. But I think Mentzer should have won in '80.
    Agree. Franco should never have been in the top 6, IMO.

Franco and Anold, the spoiled children of Weider.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Franco and Anold, the spoiled children of Weider.
    how are they spoiled if they had to work for everything? wieder didnt build Arnolds physique, wieder didnt build Arnolds acting Career, Arnold was Born to be great. some People are like that, i know you dont like that thought, usually those who dont accomplish a lot hate those who do or think there is some big conspiracy because it gives them this fuzzy warm Feeling that if it wasnt for those bad guys who Control everything they would have only A´s in every class, get all the Girls, be a Megastar and so on. Arnold went to another Country, learned the language, trained obsessed for hours every day, did construction work, did acting classes, posing classes, went to community college, learned the language (dont Forget about that). nothing was handed to him. let me guess, nubret and mentzer were better even though there is not a single pic of nubret looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    how are they spoiled if they had to work for everything? wieder didnt build Arnolds physique, wieder didnt build Arnolds acting Career, Arnold was Born to be great. some People are like that, i know you dont like that thought, usually those who dont accomplish a lot hate those who do or think there is some big conspiracy because it gives them this fuzzy warm Feeling that if it wasnt for those bad guys who Control everything they would have only A´s in every class, get all the Girls, be a Megastar and so on. Arnold went to another Country, learned the language, trained obsessed for hours every day, did construction work, did acting classes, posing classes, went to community college, learned the language (dont Forget about that). nothing was handed to him. let me guess, nubret and mentzer were better even though there is not a single pic of nubret looking better.
    This is stupid. Arnold was a great athlete and could have more Olympias than anyone if he had not retired, but he was always favored by his commercial and political relations. Columbu was a great lifter, strong as hell, but everyone says he got the greatest gift ever.

Your theory about haters sucks because I do not hate Haney, Coleman, even though they have 8 Olympia, and Franco 2.

I love Dorian, I still think Nasser was better in 1997.

This is not love or hatred, they are facts.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»