Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 193 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Senorita Shawna Carlita Photoshoot

I would argue that someone like Shawn is maybe as important to the Bikini girl as the person who supervises their training and diet. Bikini girls can't have much muscle or be too lean, and let's face it - a LOT of them look like they rolled off an assembly line. If they all have similar bodies with implants and little bubble butts, sorting them out must come down to who is prettier - as such, hair and makeup truly are critical. Being dead serious here.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I would argue that someone like Shawn is maybe as important to the Bikini girl as the person who supervises their training and diet. Bikini girls can't have much muscle or be too lean, and let's face it - a LOT of them look like they rolled off an assembly line. If they all have similar bodies with implants and little bubble butts, sorting them out must come down to who is prettier - as such, hair and makeup truly are critical. Being dead serious here.

Fine, lets grant your point. Then refer to yourself as their "stylist", or "stage coach", or whatever.

Point being, the word "coach" has a pretty damn clear and well-defined meaning in our industry right now. And everybody in his thread knows it.

Intentionally trying to equivocate on that meaning at opportune times- when it will self-promote- seems like a pretty lousy time to try sneak in new meanings of terms.

In other words: I still call bullshit, given the total context.

-lifepulse

Not arguing that. But when you 'coach' a Bikini girl, how hard is it really? Taking a girl from 120 to 115 pounds in 16 weeks ain't rocket science. Sorry if I am being overly simplistic.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Freak of Nature

Late to this party and although I respect your passion and knowledge of bodybuilding "coach" in an unregulated industry is little more than a euphemism and she as a bikini pro probably is better suited for her clientele than the average bodybuilder monitoring their barely clothed progress pic fap material while loading them up on supp recommendations that are frankly dangerous for them.
    In other words: I'm calling bullshit on your context.

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    Fine, lets grant your point. Then refer to yourself as their "stylist", or "stage coach", or whatever.

Point being, the word "coach" has a pretty damn clear and well-defined meaning in our industry right now. And everybody in his thread knows it.

Intentionally trying to equivocate on that meaning at opportune times- when it will self-promote- seems like a pretty lousy time to try sneak in new meanings of terms.

In other words: I still call bullshit, given the total context.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    She know a "handfull" about politic. Loads and loads of information.
    It's posts like this that keep any actual people from posting here.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Late to this party and although I respect your passion and knowledge of bodybuilding "coach" in an unregulated industry is little more than a euphemism and she as a bikini pro probably is better suited for her clientele than the average bodybuilder monitoring their barely clothed progress pic fap material while loading them up on supp recommendations that are frankly dangerous for them.

End of the day John, if you think all of Shawn Carl's statements/implications were of pure and honest intention, that's totally fine. I personally do not. And it would seem several others here think she was somewhat misleading with how she chose to speak, opinions on certain subjects, etc. Is what it is.

I know I have some strong/harsh views on certain topics, and many (yourself included) absolutely don't agree with some of those views. At minimum, I try to make sure to NOT "pad my resume", so to speak, and be as forthright as possible. Even if I really disagreed with a certain person, I would still try to give them any credit due when they have accomplished something awesome. (Case in point: not a lot of love, historically, between Noel and myself. But I'll give him credit for doing a great job with certain clients, when he really cranks out a top athlete, etc.-- even if we ain't going out drinking together any time soon.)

But again, her "exit" from this board, happened before I pointed out her (mis)usage of the term "coach". I wasn't on a campaign to "burn the witch", but when her "value" to the board was "defended" (after she left), I simply pointed out how she chose to speak and conduct herself in several threads. Interpret as you will, much as I did.

-lifepulse

^^^^Always like reading what you post.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    ^^^^Always like reading what you post.
    X2

Not arguing that. But when you 'coach' a Bikini girl, how hard is it really? Taking a girl from 120 to 115 pounds in 16 weeks ain't rocket science. Sorry if I am being overly simplistic.
    I think Shawn Carla might disagree with you Ron. She would always like to point out that bikini girls train and diet hard and deserve respect for it.

Why then did she chime in on a thread that was discussing the responsibility of a guru to travel with his client, where the client will possibly be using drugs which could kill them. What does hair, make up and posing suits that she does for her clients have to do with that?

Hahahaha, should love her mega ego.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS-90lcFjqf/
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Not sure how anyone can like her with those googly eyes.

Im sure she posts enough Instagram posts with her ass and tits hanging out talking baout "doing it for herself" and no one else. Give me a break.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    Noels girls... Yes
    Poor Noel. No wonder he always hides the face.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    Exactly !! ...... but you know, if her "girls" needed her she would do it
    If her girls need it, I can help out

Juggernaut

unregulated industry....bodybuilding is not governed by Dodd Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by jags93 View Post
    Did you tell her bikini comps are a joke? To be fair she competes natty, so respect for that.
    So she says

Mike, I just read a review of a nearby dispensary (weed is now legal in MA), and most said their stuff was weak!
    Trust me it is NOT weak

Page 10 of 193 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast