Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Senorita Shawna Carlita Photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by tyler_physique View Post
    Trust me it is NOT weak
    Yelp reviews are not often the most reliable, thanks!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Gees guys...I go away to deal with real life stuffs and sh*t blew up between LP and Shawn Carla?!

To give a different perspective, I never knew SC to claim to be a "prep" coach, nor have ever heard her take full credit as one. I have always known her to be in part a posing coach. Like how I perceive Kenny Wallach to be a posing coach. I have not heard of Kenny Wallach the "prep" coach. He is known as the go to guy for posing.

I have also known SC as a bikini stylist (suits, hair, makeup, etc.)...She may have never used the word stylist, but that is always how I perceived her. I feel her work is just as important as the physical part of prepping for competition. Your hair, your makeup, your suit, and most of all your posing and stage presence DOES affect your placings.

As to her posts...social media is king for expanding a brand...I never found her to be annoying or self centered. If you are promoting your business and brand, you have to master all social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvyGirl68 View Post
    Gees guys...I go away to deal with real life stuffs and sh*t blew up between LP and Shawn Carla?!

To give a different perspective, I never knew SC to claim to be a "prep" coach, nor have ever heard her take full credit as one. I have always known her to be in part a posing coach. Like how I perceive Kenny Wallach to be a posing coach. I have not heard of Kenny Wallach the "prep" coach. He is known as the go to guy for posing.

I have also known SC as a bikini stylist (suits, hair, makeup, etc.)...She may have never used the word stylist, but that is always how I perceived her. I feel her work is just as important as the physical part of prepping for competition. Your hair, your makeup, your suit, and most of all your posing and stage presence DOES affect your placings.

As to her posts...social media is king for expanding a brand...I never found her to be annoying or self centered. If you are promoting your business and brand, you have to master all social media.
    She left before lifepulse said anything about her. He is not at fault

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    She left before lifepulse said anything about her. He is not at fault
    Thanks Donflex...I have been reading a couple different threads to fully understand. But to reiterate, I never felt she claimed anything above what she was actually doing...in fact she is quite successful and her "girls" seem to equally love the work she does. If nothing else I think SC is a good role model for all the young women entering the sport at the bikini level...

^ She was in the play by play saying that's my girl I coached her. Cant be anymore obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    ^ She was in the play by play saying that's my girl I coached her. Cant be anymore obvious.
    Obvious?

Anyone who has followed Shawn Carla here knows she does not "prep" and is not a "prep" coach. She has always said this...so the only obvious I take away from her posts are that she "coached" the girl on her posing, suit, hair, makeup...I think it's picking at hairs...Again I wonder if people take issue because SC is making bank doing what she does...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvyGirl68 View Post
    Obvious?

Anyone who has followed Shawn Carla here knows she does not "prep" and is not a "prep" coach. She has always said this...so the only obvious I take away from her posts are that she "coached" the girl on her posing, suit, hair, makeup...I think it's picking at hairs...Again I wonder if people take issue because SC is making bank doing what she does...just a thought.
    I don't think anyone had an issue with that. It was more her posting in a style where her posts were about her and what she does. Kinda like what Noel does and he gets shit for that.

Also she also was very defensive of any negative IFBB/NPC comments. We all know shady shit goes on. That was something Bob Chick did a lot of and he got shit for that too.

The whole Coach/guru stuff was not even mentioned by anyone until after she said she was done with posting here

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    I don't think anyone had an issue with that. It was more her posting in a style where her posts were about her and what she does. Kinda like what Noel does and he gets shit for that.

Also she also was very defensive of any negative IFBB/NPC comments. We all know shady shit goes on. That was something Bob Chick did a lot of and he got shit for that too.

The whole Coach/guru stuff was not even mentioned by anyone until after she said she was done with posting here
    Gotcha!

I have done some work as a posing coach and have posted to congratulate 'my guy,' but always made it clear that all I did was work on their posing and presentation.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

what is the problem here, she says 'thats my girl' and that triggers people?.. what triggers me is her lack of chest size

Freak of Nature

I was strictly criticizing your comments about her use of the term "coach" when every Tom & Harry Dick with an IG is a coach now. She isn't looking to prep male bodybuilders for the Olympia or even give them supplementation advice from what I understand, but more the "life coach" with hair, makeup, suits and "posing coaching" I presume. If she made misleading comments about doing otherwise I can understand where you are coming from. Seemed most of her posts early on were against a former official gone rogue with his own federation. Rather like a one issue voter she may not have much else here that interests or that would keep her here regardless. Natural attrition of a male oriented bodybuilding forum

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    End of the day John, if you think all of Shawn Carl's statements/implications were of pure and honest intention, that's totally fine. I personally do not. And it would seem several others here think she was somewhat misleading with how she chose to speak, opinions on certain subjects, etc. Is what it is.

I know I have some strong/harsh views on certain topics, and many (yourself included) absolutely don't agree with some of those views. At minimum, I try to make sure to NOT "pad my resume", so to speak, and be as forthright as possible. Even if I really disagreed with a certain person, I would still try to give them any credit due when they have accomplished something awesome. (Case in point: not a lot of love, historically, between Noel and myself. But I'll give him credit for doing a great job with certain clients, when he really cranks out a top athlete, etc.-- even if we ain't going out drinking together any time soon.)

But again, her "exit" from this board, happened before I pointed out her (mis)usage of the term "coach". I wasn't on a campaign to "burn the witch", but when her "value" to the board was "defended" (after she left), I simply pointed out how she chose to speak and conduct herself in several threads. Interpret as you will, much as I did.

-lifepulse

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    what is the problem here, she says 'thats my girl' and that triggers people?.. what triggers me is her lack of chest size
    On females or men?

Iron Addict

I hope some of you are just playing dumb

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I have done some work as a posing coach and have posted to congratulate 'my guy,' but always made it clear that all I did was work on their posing and presentation.
    Do Life Coaches have to qualify they only help clients with life?

Seems some gurus might should have to qualify they only help competitors with their drugs.

Some gurus really do just lay out the drug protocols.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Some gurus really do just lay out the drug protocols.
    I can guess who lol

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    I was strictly criticizing your comments about her use of the term "coach" when every Tom & Harry Dick with an IG is a coach now. She isn't looking to prep male bodybuilders for the Olympia or even give them supplementation advice from what I understand, but more the "life coach" with hair, makeup, suits and "posing coaching" I presume. If she made misleading comments about doing otherwise I can understand where you are coming from. Seemed most of her posts early on were against a former official gone rogue with his own federation. Rather like a one issue voter she may not have much else here that interests or that would keep her here regardless. Natural attrition of a male oriented bodybuilding forum
    All understood MPJ, and no harm, no foul.

The reality is that the game IS changing- with the newer divisions and more emphasis on hair, makeup, "flair", and not all emphasis on purely musculature and conditioning, many of these formerly "clear" terms, might well get murky. So it goes.

I'm sure you probably could guess that I'm not much a fan of social media, and keep my overall participation there as minimal as I can justify, while still running a business.

For that reason, I personally have always taken the same approach as Ron- doing everything I can to be totally honest, as transparent as possible, qualify claims with client transformations and NOT inflate my stats at all- all of that jazz.

I just kind of consider that to be "the right thing to do", given the propensity for many in this industry to massively inflate their stats. IMO, doing do helps to set one apart, in a sea of exaggeration and borderline lies.

For the record, when I "coach" a client, that also includes guidance on posing (we run free posing clinics at my gym, open to all; plus I will do detailed feedback on posing with progress pictures); I give guidance on suit selection, hair (to some degree), even makeup (or, if I don't feel qualified to do so, I try to find the right person to help my competitor). I always just thought that "being a coach", meant helping a competitor with EVERY facet required, to be as successful as possible on stage. That can include life advice/life coaching; diet; training; supplementation; posing; mindset; all of it.

Of course there will be "speciality coaches" out there, like Kenny Wallach. But I also respect that he intentionally refers to himself as a "posing coach".

Some- like Charles Glass- are known much more for their training than their prep services proper. Others, more prep than training.

We all have our niche. I get that. I also just like to try to keep things clear, so as to help avoid misunderstandings, or being misleading (again, as best I can). Hence these long-winded posts with lots of qualifiers, lol.

-lifepulse

Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast