Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Classic Non-Participation Among Many Top Pros | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 24

Default Arnold Classic Non-Participation Among Many Top Pros | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 24

The guy that competed once a year (Mr O), for a good portion of his career, talking to guys about needing to do more shows??
    I stop me....no one else does.

they will keep the Arnold Classics Europe,South America and Australia along with Ohio..
    the others are on a shorter leash probably..

Wolf has won Ohio and Europe, he needs the Australia title to complete his trophy case

Default Arnold Classic Non-Participation Among Many Top Pros | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 24

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    The guy that competed once a year (Mr O), for a good portion of his career, talking to guys about needing to do more shows??
    Donut, err Derek......

Times were different then. 1988-2001

We didn't have as many Shows or as many Pros.

That said, I qualified every year in the Olympia and the top 10 Olympia Finalists were all Stars!!!!!

That said, you think I care if the Arnold Classics disappear for Open Pro in 5 different continents or the active Pros that will be missing out?

The problem you have is trying to compare the Past with the Present.
    I'm retired 16 years.

The guys choosing Not to compete these days already cost themselves 4 Different Europa Pro Shows because of lack of participation.
    Guess what's next genius ... the cancellation of the Arnold's Classics.

Stevie Wonder can see this, why can't you?
    Oh yeah, you're a Shawn Ray Hater.

#HateTheMessageNotTheMessanger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    they will keep the Arnold Classics Europe,South America and Australia along with Ohio..
    the others are on a shorter leash probably..
    Truth👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Donut, err Derek......

Times were different then. 1988-2001

We didn't have as many Shows or as many Pros.

That said, I qualified every year in the Olympia and the top 10 Olympia Finalists were all Stars!!!!!

That said, you think I care if the Arnold Classics disappear for Open Pro in 5 different continents or the active Pros that will be missing out?

The problem you have is trying to compare the Past with the Present.
    I'm retired 16 years.

The guys choosing Not to compete these days already cost themselves 4 Different Europa Pro Shows because of lack of participation.
    Guess what's next genius ... the cancellation of the Arnold's Classics.

Stevie Wonder can see this, why can't you?
    Oh yeah, you're a Shawn Ray Hater.

#HateTheMessageNotTheMessanger

We know how long you've been retired....you've told us like a million times. So that we're clear, I get what you're saying, just think it should've come from someone who actually competed multiple times a year...like you did for a short period. Sponsorship money ain't there like it once was, for these guys to be able to afford to do it like some others once did. As far as I'm concerned, too many pro shows anyways. Shits became to filtered down. I also was never a believer of multiple shows with the Arnold name in front of it anyways.

Then you ask if I think you care if these shows disappear. If you didn't, then why did you bring it up?

I think the post Olympia shows dragging all the way out to the end of November are the causality of the top pros not wanting to do as many shows pre-Olympia.

In the 90's, the post Olympia Grand Prix's were around 5-6 shows and all done within 3-4 weeks after the Olympia, some with two in one weekend.

Now it's the Olympia, then say three shows over three weekends, then a 1-3 week gap, then another and another 1-2 week gap and so on...

Fix that issue, condense them after the Olympia and I'd guess that more pro's will compete earlier on in the year and these Arnolds will be better attended by the top names.

Too many Pro shows now, that is the main problem. With so many to choose from, both the numbers and the qualities of the lineups get watered down.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

There are now a bunch of Olympia shows springing up too -
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    We know how long you've been retired....you've told us like a million times. So that we're clear, I get what you're saying, just think it should've come from someone who actually competed multiple times a year...like you did for a short period. Sponsorship money ain't there like it once was, for these guys to be able to afford to do it like some others once did. As far as I'm concerned, too many pro shows anyways. Shits became to filtered down. I also was never a believer of multiple shows with the Arnold name in front of it anyways.

Then you ask if I think you care if these shows disappear. If you didn't, then why did you bring it up?
    I was pointing out to the Pro's competing that they'd Better be aware of the diminishing returns from Not competing in these Olympia Qualifying Shows then you decide to chime in with you're moronic opinion which has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Next time Think before you post.
    I'm doing my job regarding these videos and you're trying to shoot holes in them.
    Time for you to get a new hobby.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

If they offered the same cash that they do in Columbus in S.A or Brazil then I think you would have more guys doing it.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    I was pointing out to the Pro's competing that they'd Better be aware of the diminishing returns from Not competing in these Olympia Qualifying Shows then you decide to chime in with you're moronic opinion which has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Next time Think before you post.
    I'm doing my job regarding these videos and you're trying to shoot holes in them.
    Time for you to get a new hobby.

Cool story bruh!!

Regardless...too many shows anyways.

Next.

Banned

The whole sport is dying. As long as drugs play such a high role in contest, it will continue this way. Pros don't want to take extreme dosage for such a long among of time. Most of them would prefer living a few years more.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    The whole sport is dying. As long as drugs play such a high role in contest, it will continue this way. Pros don't want to take extreme dosage for such a long among of time. Most of them would prefer living a few years more.
    You have no clue what anybody does. Drugs have nothing to do with low numbers in shows. Like Giles said, the GP shows now run longer. Guys can make a lot of cash at those shows.

Besides if if the sport dies you have nothing to bitch about
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

prize money is the only argument since the top 6 in the world want to get paid more then 20k at a show ..
    the only guy that i think should be doing more shows is Rhoden.. he is not on an epic level of Heath,Wolf or Ramy yet does less shows

I don't believe the sport is dying, but changing. Some for the good (classic division, WPD) and most for the bad. Waaaay too many shows and they can't even get a large enough crowd to attend, so they hold amateurs at the same time. It's seriously become a joke. They've flooded the IFBB with "pros", but can't even get them to compete in these numerous shows.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast