Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Anthony's Prison Sentence & Past | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 25

Default Melvin Anthony's Prison Sentence & Past | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 25

Barbarian

We spoken Shawn.While we all feel for Melvin there is something to be said for the Happy Go Lucky types versus those with Chips on shoulders that find themselves in a horrible place.Not sure if attitudes are partially inherited or simply a result of enviroment but certainly most of us would have made much different choices than those individuals you have mentioned.Suppose their hope is for humble lives to begin again when or if they get out,or will their innate mental states only harbor a larger chip and more grudges for them...Zihuatanejo!

Sean that was a great vid. You obviously have life experience and that advice should be heeded by all, regardless if they are competitive bodybuilders are not. You obviously worked hard for what you have and are enjoying it today.

One of the best Unleashed episodes ever. Love how you wove in your past experiences/dealings with Melvin. Too bad he went down that path.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

The first time I met Melvin was when he was competing in the 1993 Musclemania contest, which the company I worked for promoted and also filmed for a 1-hour special on ESPN. He was natural at the time, but two things really stood out. One, his structure and muscle shape were both elite, and two, he was already doing things in his posing routine no one else could do. Also, his nickname at the time was 'Buffalo,' which he said came from his college fraternity.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Best unleashed to date Shawn.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Millennials be Triggered!
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Default Melvin Anthony's Prison Sentence & Past | Shawn Ray Unleashed Ep. 25

Quote Originally Posted by tolalpackage View Post
    ray,ray, ray. don't be so judgemental. not a 20 year sentence. 10 years total. could get out earlier on good behavior.peoples hate you for a reason. don't die without a friend to say some
    thing nice about you.
    "He plead guilty to the first two charges and was sentenced on January 19 to two concurrent 10-year sentences."
    -Flex Online

Which means he will serve at least Half.
    Ask an 8 year old to help you with the math. ✌🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shawn Ray; April 26th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    "He plead guilty to the first two charges and was sentenced on January 19 to two concurrent 10-year sentences."
    -Flex Online

Which means he will serve at least Half.
    Ask an 8 year old to help you with the math. ✌🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's fucked up man. But I can't help but laugh.

That is one scary looking dude. He'd have to kill me cuz I'd be fighting to the death. Lol

Hopefully he can just keep his nose clean, do his time and try to move on with his life.

Josh Hodnik

Anabolic steroids have been criminalized since the early 90’s in the United States, and these drugs are a staple in bodybuilding culture. The thing with that is, bodybuilders ultimately have to break the law in order to compete in the sport that they are involved in. Using anabolic steroids, HGH, and other bodybuilding drugs is illegal without a doctor’s prescription. The athlete has to involve criminal activity in his life in order to compete as a bodybuilder, and often times, they have to peddle steroids in order to support their own steroid use and lifestyle. Bodybuilding doesn’t pay what other sports do, so most pros have to find an alternate source of income unless they are winning the Olympia every year. Often times, the involvement in criminal activity with anabolic steroids can lead to other illicit activity. That seems to be the case with Melvin Anthony. The arrest that led to his incarceration was not his first run in with the law. He had a prior drug arrest among others that allowed law enforcement to charge him with possession of a firearm after a former conviction. Often times, this is a charge the feds (ATF) will pursue, but they allowed the state of Mississippi to hold jurisdiction over this. That is probably a good thing, as 85 percent of time is required to be served in federal prison. Anthony will be eligible for parole after serving 25 percent of his 10-year sentence.
    Let’s step back and look at this situation before anymore judgement is passed. Ok, bodybuilders are told they need to be bigger, leaner, and more vascular. This takes more and more drug use. Everyone involved knows this, but no one seems to care.
    If you are in this sport/industry, you are supporting athletes who break the law to consume drugs to offer entertainment for us. Do not be stupid or hypocrite, you must support Melvin, it does not matter if he sells steroids or ecstasy, that's how many athletes make a living in this sport.

Without illegal drug traffickers you would not have professional bodybuilding, you would not have MD, think before spitting into the sky.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Josh Hodnik

If you are in this sport/industry, you are supporting athletes who break the law to consume drugs to offer entertainment for us. Do not be stupid or hypocrite, you must support Melvin, it does not matter if he sells steroids or ecstasy, that's how many athletes make a living in this sport.

Without illegal drug traffickers you would not have professional bodybuilding, you would not have MD, think before spitting into the sky.
    You're comparing apples (ecstacy) to oranges (steroids). While they're both unhealthy, one is much more likely to lead to addiction, social danger, impaired driving, death to the user and others around her or him, and ruined family and friend relationships.

Steroids usually don't cause those issues. Supporting bodybuilding is not hypocrisy. And not all bodybuilders are drug dealers, so that's a separate issue. I do not have to support the dealing and abusing of dangerous drugs. They are not the same, so quit your lost argument
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

1- Both are illegal.
    2- Both are sold to make money quickly and easily.
    3- Both have prison sentences.
    4- Who sells drugs is not worried about the social impact of his product. Steroid sellers are not socially more responsible than cocaine sellers.
    5- Illegal drugs that are not steroids are also used by bodybuilders. Illegal rec drugs are as common as the synthol in this industry
    6- Dennis James was caught selling drugs of all kinds (ketamine, etc.), he was to be executed, survived by a millionaire payment made by his family. He has always been a respected member in the IFBB and industry. Melvin instead is treated as the worst shit.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/an...-thailand.html

If you are arrested with steroid traffic, go to the judge and try to explain your shitty argument. Good luck.
    Last edited by Beti ona; April 26th, 2017 at 07:07 AM.

Sad news, I met Melvin at the Olympia expo years back. He was by far the nicest pro I met that day and even paid me an unexpected compliment on my own amateurish gains. We took a pic and he was even totally chill about me grabbing a pic with his then wife (who was very attractive). I wish him the best and hope he gets out on good behavior sooner than later.

Awesome post Shawn. I was just thinking about Melvin the other day and wondering if he would compete again.

I always say the same thing. As soon as each of my bodybuilding shows is over I get back into my dance a performance work, my first passion. I often think about the life I'll have after bodybuilding. It's a great way to keep healthy too if we try and think beyond the next few years of competing.

'Muscle and Grace all up in your face'

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    1- Both are illegal.
    2- Both are sold to make money quickly and easily.
    3- Both have prison sentences.
    4- Who sells drugs is not worried about the social impact of his product. Steroid sellers are not socially more responsible than cocaine sellers.
    5- Illegal drugs that are not steroids are also used by bodybuilders. Illegal rec drugs are as common as the synthol in this industry
    6- Dennis James was caught selling drugs of all kinds (ketamine, etc.), he was to be executed, survived by a millionaire payment made by his family. He has always been a respected member in the IFBB and industry. Melvin instead is treated as the worst shit.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/an...-thailand.html

If you are arrested with steroid traffic, go to the judge and try to explain your shitty argument. Good luck.
    Finally somebody with a brain ----I have never meet a bodybuilder who dint at one point sell drugs ,.
    It is part of oure tradition ..
    Melvin athnony has oure respect 39493a7291c0655527187ca21879c04a.jpg
    FREE MELVIN ANTHONY
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    Finally somebody with a brain ----I have never meet a bodybuilder who dint at one point sell drugs ,.
    It is part of oure tradition ..
    Melvin athnony has oure respect 39493a7291c0655527187ca21879c04a.jpg
    FREE MELVIN ANTHONY
    Yes bro, the ninjas on this board seem not to understand in which type of sport they are involved, are so naivy? They just want to see the pretty part, they're going to demand that the guys compete more often, come in massive, get ripped, they do not use synthol... but they're not going to defend them if they sell drugs to pay for all shit. I guess they should suck dicks. Or maybe, ninjas on this board are going to finance the careers through Gofundme?

Let me make this clear: Technically, all pro are committing crimes, because they are selling and/or buying drugs without a prescription.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast