Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Anthony Arrested - 10-Year Prison Sentence

Default Melvin Anthony Arrested - 10-Year Prison Sentence

Former IFBB pro bodybuilder Melvin Anthony was arrested on January 13 in Harrison County, Mississippi, and charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. (A source tells us the controlled substance was the drug ecstasy, but this has not been confirmed.) He plead guilty to the first two charges and was sentenced on January 19 to two concurrent 10-year sentences. Anthony, who was born in 1969 (not 1973, as he previously claimed), is currently imprisoned in the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility with a tentative release date of January 7, 2027.

Noted for his proportional physique and dazzling posing, “Marvelous” Melvin won the 1999 USA Championships and three IFBB pro shows. He was fifth in the 2006 Mr. Olympia and sixth the following two years. He last competed in 2010 Phoenix Pro, which he won. After retiring, this Southern California native moved to southern Mississippi. He was previously arrested on August 23, 2015, in Mississippi for charges that included driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction.

http://www.flexonline.com/general-ne...rison-sentence

wow... last interview i saw with him a while ago he seemed like a happy and chill dude... fucking drug laws, ban alcohol and cigarettes too or legalize everything, pick one already

Banned

Shocking.

If you want to be a drug dealer move to Norway. Prison is like a holiday camp there compared to the US

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    If you want to be a drug dealer move to Norway. Prison sex is like a homo camp there compared to the US
    Did they sort you out there bro?

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Damn. That sucks

The firearm shit is no joke when you have a felony
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Too bad, I knew him a bit back in the day, hell of a nice guy. After MuscleTech dropped him and he no longer had 6 figures coming in a year to just train and sleep, he really struggled financially. Too bad it came to this. Such an amazing physique.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

I literally just read about this 5 minutes ago on Facebook.That's shocking.Always seemed like a cool,chill dude.His posing was always exceptional. Underrated guy too.My first bodybuilding DVD was the 2006 Mr Olympia and I remember thinking 'Damn,this guy can put on a show'.
    Bodybuilding isn't about how much you can lift.
    It's about how much you say you can lift.

Very sad, he is not a criminal. An innocent man goes to prison and the taxpayers must keep it. Letting him sell ecstasy would have been better for everyone.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

What a bunch of moron they should legalize all drugs and provide better informations to people (especially kids) to make up their mind and don't use highly addictive and debilitating substances. It's a shame, I actually liked (still like) the guy … Laws …
    Even if Joe Weider sold useless supplements that gave diarrhea to generation of bodybuilders, he's still a legend and cannot be considered a scammer

Sad story! Not sure how some of you defend him selling drugs and walking around with a gun though. I'm liberal when it comes to people's own drug use but this was just plain dumb.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    What a bunch of moron they should legalize all drugs and provide better informations to people (especially kids) to make up their mind and don't use highly addictive and debilitating substances. It's a shame, I actually liked (still like) the guy … Laws …
    Legalizing all drugs would be terrible. You assume that people are intelligent enough to think for themselves and take sensible decision. Social media like Facebook proves that this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Legalizing all drugs would be terrible. You assume that people are intelligent enough to think for themselves and take sensible decision. Social media like Facebook proves that this is not the case.
    They are dying and getting sick from smoking, drinking alcohol and pepsi, and eating McDonald.

It will always be more epic to die for coke overdose or a diuretic shock on stage.

Think how much money Americans would save on taxes if people killed themselves quickly and effectively.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by tryder View Post
    wow... Last interview i saw with him a while ago he seemed like a happy and chill dude... fucking drug laws, ban alcohol and cigarettes too or legalize everything, pick one already
    amen!

Never knew any blacks to mess with crystal meth. Always under the impression it was a "whiteboy"drug. Hope he can straighten out.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast