Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From First Contest to Pro in 18 Months - By Big Ronnie Coleman

When I seen the pics for the 1996 Mr. O in Chicago, and it seemed like it was the first time they did photos from the back of guys while at the prejudging and it showed Ronnie up there being compared to the others, I thought then and there Ronnie is going to be the shit!! His back was just as freaky thick as Dorians!! Thats when I started telling friends of mine Coleman will eventually beat Dorian!!!! The only thing he didnt have was calves, big deal!!! Calves never are the deciding factor anyways. But Ronnie had the Haney like chest and back, but with the craziest freaking arms!!! And his thighs were thick as tree trunks!!! It was only a matter of time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    When I seen the pics for the 1996 Mr. O in Chicago, and it seemed like it was the first time they did photos from the back of guys while at the prejudging and it showed Ronnie up there being compared to the others, I thought then and there Ronnie is going to be the shit!! His back was just as freaky thick as Dorians!! Thats when I started telling friends of mine Coleman will eventually beat Dorian!!!! The only thing he didnt have was calves, big deal!!! Calves never are the deciding factor anyways. But Ronnie had the Haney like chest and back, but with the craziest freaking arms!!! And his thighs were thick as tree trunks!!! It was only a matter of time!!!!
    When calves somehow no longer become part of the body, then it will be fair to not factor them into bodybuilding competitions. Some people have body parts that won't grow, regardless of drugs, training and nutrition, like chest for example. Why should that person be judged poorly for a lagging chest when others aren't marked down for lagging calves? A genetic weakness is a genetic weakness. I love how people somehow justify a lack of calves on some illogical argument that "calves aren't as important" or "calves are genetic" (which is the dumbest thing a person can say and invalidates their entire point... everything is genetic) ... "body"building
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    When calves somehow no longer become part of the body, then it will be fair to not factor them into bodybuilding competitions. Some people have body parts that won't grow, regardless of drugs, training and nutrition, like chest for example. Why should that person be judged poorly for a lagging chest when others aren't marked down for lagging calves? A genetic weakness is a genetic weakness. I love how people somehow justify a lack of calves on some illogical argument that "calves aren't as important" or "calves are genetic" (which is the dumbest thing a person can say and invalidates their entire point... everything is genetic) ... "body"building
    I agree, it's the same shit to say that the back is more important than front, WTF!!
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post

Agree.

I remember seeing the pics when Ronnie took 4th in the 1990 NPC Nationals, I was like "fuck me, what a monster!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12