Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Study: Growth Hormone Does Not Boost Exercise Performance

Default New Study: Growth Hormone Does Not Boost Exercise Performance

"The researchers concluded that administration of GH significantly increased lean body mass."

"GH significantly increased anaerobic exercise capacity."

But... does not it improve performance? Can anybody help me?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    "The researchers concluded that administration of GH significantly increased lean body mass."

Agreed, makes no sense. My little brother tried it for a few months, I have no clue the quantity or frequency, and he told me he felt night and day improvement in the gym. Kid has always been pretty fit and trim but he looked completely etched from stone in a short while. When I see actors like Efron, Jackman or Ryan Reynolds look that exact same way for movie roles I'd be willing to bet anything they are using HGH. For me it is how sharply square their abdominals get compared to earlier roles.

Little Guy

The increase in anaerobic exercise was in one study. This is a meta-analysis of the effects of GH administration on athletic performance. The overall conclusion from reviewing all the studies is that GH does not improve performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post

It's increase in LBM is water

Quote Originally Posted by cam3888 View Post
    It's increase in LBM is water
    Negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rutman View Post
    Negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1550219

Every gh study on earth disagrees with you

Quote Originally Posted by cam3888 View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1550219

Every gh study on earth disagrees with you
    That's a flawed study of sixteen "young" men taking GH by itself. Who would do that anyway? Waste of time and money... A real study would be to take sixteen competitive bodybuilders and give them 600mg test a week and 4iu GH daily for 6 months, and test them for results. Keep the same protocol for 12 months and test again. I guarantee you the end result will be way more lean body tissue gains with the GH group. Possibly twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutman View Post
    That's a flawed study of sixteen "young" men taking GH by itself. Who would do that anyway? Waste of time and money... A real study would be to take sixteen competitive bodybuilders and give them 600mg test a week and 4iu GH daily for 6 months, and test them for results. Keep the same protocol for 12 months and test again. I guarantee you the end result will be way more lean body tissue gains with the GH group. Possibly twice as much.
    So what you are saying is that gh without AAS doesn't contribute to muscle gains much and the main lbm gains are water? The exact statement I made and that you said was negative?

And who would take gh without aas? Maybe tested athletes, which is why the OPs study was about performance and not "if you add aas and insulin will gh help you get bigger?"

And 4iu of gh won't DOUBLE your lean muscle gains lol maybe 6-8iu minimum plus some lantus
    Last edited by cam3888; June 21st, 2017 at 11:07 AM.