Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New study contradicts negative stereotypes about marijuana users

Default New study contradicts negative stereotypes about marijuana users

Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

BMC had it right all along!!

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    BMC had it right all along!!
    He's probably part of this study!!

it should be used for medical purposes and anxiety ect..
    too much weed as a kid will fry alot of brain cells and also toy with your emotions
    it is simliar to steroids in the fact some people can handle many cycles while others get messed up on a few hits..

it has been marketed as something cool which it is not unless you like a perminent brain flux..
    becoming a jedi should be pushed as something cool for young males to persue

At the same time, alcohol has contributed to millions and millions of deaths from drunk driving, violence, cirrhosis - yet there is no negative stigma toward drinking.

I have really mixed opinions on this and they change all the time. I've smoked my fair bit of bud over the years. I'm currently on hiatus from it for 6+months. I'm not sure if I'm a better person, happier, more content, more productive or have a better perspective of life with or without it. I've given up for spells of up to a year+ before and come back to it only to feel like I need to put it away again. Still none the wiser as to whether on balance it benefits me, or holds me back.

One thing I have decided is that strong hydro shit is too much for me... hashish or milllld green only if I do consume anymore.

There will always be a place in my heart

Alcohol and cigarettes are much more toxic and dangerous than cannabis. It's ridiculous in terms of what the government allows us to put into our body in regards to written law. I think in 25 years people will look back and not be able to believe how marijuana was once illegal. It also has so many medicinal properties and literally hundreds and hundreds of strains that each do something different. The research that has been done is extremely preliminary in terms of the health benefits.

The MSM propaganda and stigma that surrounded it in the 60's - 90's was completely bogus. It is not a "dangerous gateway drug" as they so loudly touted for all those years.

Remembr these?

"Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jags93 View Post
    He's probably part of this study!!
    I wish

I love weed. Not going to lie, but I have a good job and function day to day. I smoke after I get home from work and take a tone before I train.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    At the same time, alcohol has contributed to millions and millions of deaths from drunk driving, violence, cirrhosis - yet there is no negative stigma toward drinking.
    And tobacco
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

The guilt trip that girl's dog lays on her!

I personally know very few people that smoke mj and fit the stoner stereotype. Every single one has a job, some in the industry but none are lazy and crime statistics

Quote Originally Posted by nocobb3203 View Post
    I personally know very few people that smoke mj and fit the stoner stereotype. Every single one has a job, some in the industry but none are lazy and crime statistics
    I actually didn't start smoking until AFTER I turned 32, was making well over 6 figures, had been married for several years to the same woman, and was doing a good job of raising my daughter. I was a metal head my entire life, so all my friends got into pot (and harder stuff) when I was a teen, but I refused to touch it. I saw how stupid and lazy it made everybody, and I knew, at 15, that was a one-way ticket to basically being a societal degenerate.

But at 30+, with "general life stress" hitting new levels, I introduced it into my life.

I work all day long-- and only allow myself to smoke at night, about 2hrs before bed time, to help turn the brain off a little bit. If I DON'T smoke-- I literally won't sleep, and will stay up all night long working (or finding shit to work on, or reading, or whatever). When I travel, I literally have to get a script for Ambien, or buy some Nyquil, to force myself to sleep. But weed works far better.

So stupid as it sounds-- I am actually confident that recreational pot usage-- used judiciously-- has made me a better father, a better husband, and a better person. Without it, I would have neglected my family, and worked myself into a grave by 40. With it-- it allows me (forces me?) to occasionally slow the machine down, and take a breath, and enjoy life-- without worrying about the next 5 minutes.

So yeah, to each their own. In the right context, pot can be a very good thing. But definitely not a for a lot of people (who are already struggling to keep their lives together-- weed ain't gonna' help that, or fix that).

-lifepulse

Responsible usage is key for everything. I know edibles helped me ween off of pain killers after my knee surgery. Plus when I cant eat during bulking goes whose there to help. I dont do it before work and cut it out the last few weeks of prep because I cant handle the munchies but overall my life would be harder with out it.

I think that used responsibly, cannabis CAN be a great addition to a person's life; especially when it is used in place of alcohol and harder drugs like painkillers. I don't personally use it BUT with the nearly endless variety of varying THC/CBD contents characteristic of different strains, to use something that can have both potential health benefits and allow the user to moderate their "high" is very appealing. Something with a high CBD content and just enough THC to calm you down without impairing you would be awesome.

drugs are for lazy people

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast