Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 48

Thread: Guy Cistern pulls out due to skin condition

  1. #1

    Default Guy Cistern pulls out due to skin condition

    Let's hope it's nothing serious

    I was going to do this post tomorrow morning, but I am already seeing questions about what happened to @guycisternino today at the New York Pro. These pix will shed a little light on the subject. These are recent pix of Guy showing what he has been going through for the past several days. Clearly there is something severely wrong with his skin. The condition is very painful and the cause is unknown. He struggled with the decision as to whether or not to do the show...but Guy is a warrior, as we all know. He decided to do the show, but the tan and the oil on his skin became unbearable by the time Prejudging was over. This is how he described his pain to me: "Michael, imagine getting into a scalding hot shower with a really bad sunburn. Times that by 100!" The pain became so severe he went straight to the EMERGANCY room. Tests were done and it seems his organs are all functioning normally. But the skin is the largest organ of the body, and something is attacking Guy Cisternino's. He will be seeing a specialist in a couple days to determine the cause. Some possibilities are Vasculitis, an auto immune disorder or some kind of vast bacteria infection. Guy called me and we FaceTimed as he was heading home from the EMERGENCY room. He was very disappointed and distraught over the situation. He will be keeping me in the loop, and I will fill you all in when more is known. Until then I personally ask you all to do what I will be doing; keep Guy in your thoughts and send all the positive energy his way that you possibly can. This is Champion who cares very much about this sport, and all of his fans. #GuyCisternino #Quadro #NewYorkPro #212 #Bodybuilder #Bodybuilding #BeTheBiggerMan #THISisBodybuilding

    A post shared by MichaelD.Bryson (@this_is_bodybuilding) on



  2. #2
    Freak of Nature a.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    tigerstaden. Oslo Norway
    Posts
    15,030
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Get healthy Guy
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

  3. #3
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,035
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Get well, Guy
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  4. #4

    Default

    get well buddy.. Phil Viz can cure you with some cheddar goldfish

  5. #5
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,493
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I hope it's nothing serious, Guy is the man.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  6. #6
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,232

    Default

    That sucks
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  7. #7
    Iron Addict iamblessed22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    baton rouge ,la
    Posts
    2,410
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Sucks times 4

  8. #8
    Behemoth ape of god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicago Heights, Il., USA
    Posts
    1,149
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hes a warrior for crying out loud, jeez, a lot of warriors these days

  9. #9
    Freak of Nature OldSchool90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,052
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    his stock is falling. isnt he right there with Flex? according to guy of Course.

  10. #10
    Barbarian blacktaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    "in da gym"
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I'm a big fan of Guy C.... but I'm not sure what's his game plan.....he needs to improve and he can't do this by competing in numerous shows pounding his body.......I get the whole no one will out work you philosophy but if you not improving all the work ethic in the world doesn't mean shit if there's no means to the end. I hope he recovers from this and gets well quickly.

  11. #11
    Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,107
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    On the surface it seem's like an autoimmune skin disease like Erthromelagia but I doubt it ( it's impossible though, it may be the early stages, however VERY UNLIKELY). It typically presents earlier on in life, with pain and burning sensation and raised spots peripherally, ie arms, and legs. . It's defiantly not a shingles rash as it would be clustered around one area, tend to be painful to the touch, fluid filled and clustered like grapes.

    Another possibility that I suspect some BB suffer from and it's not really a particular disease but more so a General term that isn't really diagnosis would be "Leaky GUT", it's the outcome and byproduct of several variable diseases ranging from allergy to autoimmune disease. If he's got food allergies which is a big flag, toxins from the body internally or externally enter the body through digestive tract and diseases like Eczema or other medical condition that compromise the skin, digestive materials from the intestine or even outside factors can seep in and a cause a reaction.
    Add to it the stress of contest prep and High protein diets ( which also makes matter worse)

    Realistically given his age, circumstances and situation, i'd lean more towards stress related reaction,that's been either triggered or exasperated by environmental variables. There's no raising of the skin pores and just from what the story states and his selfie picture, it looks like a bad case of hives. Hives can also be very painful, burning sensation, depending on the trigger and how the body responds.

    It's unlikely for him to show symptoms of an autoimmune disease at his age out of the blue ( assuming he's never had this before or not on this level). or If he's had a skin disorder like Eczema, that to may have escalated now. It's common for people to have light Eczema and not have any issues until they'e reached new levels of stress or environmental variables.

    A Through blood panel, a trip to the dermatologist and a allergy test is due. They'll slap him with a scrip cortisone cream or OTC and tell him to avoid stress for the time being.
    Last edited by paradox; May 21st, 2017 at 11:27 AM.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

  12. #12
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,766
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Feel better Guy!

  13. #13
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    I second that 'leaky gut' issue

    Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    On the surface it seem's like an autoimmune skin disease like Erthromelagia but I doubt it ( it's impossible though, it may be the early stages, however VERY UNLIKELY). It typically presents earlier on in life, with pain and burning sensation and raised spots peripherally, ie arms, and legs. . It's defiantly not a shingles rash as it would be clustered around one area, tend to be painful to the touch, fluid filled and clustered like grapes.

    Another possibility that I suspect some BB suffer from and it's not really a particular disease but more so a General term that isn't really diagnosis would be "Leaky GUT", it's the outcome and byproduct of several variable diseases ranging from allergy to autoimmune disease. If he's got food allergies which is a big flag, toxins from the body internally or externally enter the body through digestive tract and diseases like Eczema or other medical condition that compromise the skin, digestive materials from the intestine or even outside factors can seep in and a cause a reaction.
    Add to it the stress of contest prep and High protein diets ( which also makes matter worse)

    Realistically given his age, circumstances and situation, i'd lean more towards stress related reaction,that's been either triggered or exasperated by environmental variables. There's no raising of the skin pores and just from what the story states and his selfie picture, it looks like a bad case of hives. Hives can also be very painful, burning sensation, depending on the trigger and how the body responds.

    It's unlikely for him to show symptoms of an autoimmune disease at his age out of the blue ( assuming he's never had this before or not on this level). or If he's had a skin disorder like Eczema, that to may have escalated now. It's common for people to have light Eczema and not have any issues until they'e reached new levels of stress or environmental variables.

    A Through blood panel, a trip to the dermatologist and a allergy test is due. They'll slap him with a scrip cortisone cream or OTC and tell him to avoid stress for the time being.

  14. #14
    Freak of Nature a.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    tigerstaden. Oslo Norway
    Posts
    15,030
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I really hate when we as fans always act as doctors on the internet .
    It seems like 80 procent of m.d has gone to medical school --
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

  15. #15
    Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,107
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    I really hate when we as fans always act as doctors on the internet .
    It seems like 80 procent of m.d has gone to medical school --
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

  16. #16
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,544

    Default

    I have to think being on a strict contest diet with all the extra cardio and so on for literally over 6 months straight had to have weakened his immune system considerably.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  17. #17
    Iron Addict Bully God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,596
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I have to think being on a strict contest diet with all the extra cardio and so on for literally over 6 months straight had to have weakened his immune system considerably.
    according to his videos from each prep he only does like 4 sessions total.. maybe he's lying?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •